Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

poSLAYtions

Why Does Hollywood Only Push Two Female Rappers to Mainstream Exposure?

And why do people unable to understand that neither Nicki Minaj nor Cardi B is the "greatest female rapper"? Missy Elliott is literally still alive, but maybe y'all only care about the quantity/sales rather than qualitea of the skill.

Remember when Nicki had to be featured on other people's songs just to get number one records? Remember when one of the worst rap records of all-time, a.k.a. Bodak Yellow, got to be number one on the charts?

Why?

wendy3

I mean, we have Nicki, Cardi, Meghan, and Doja going on right now. So that's more than 2. And the idea that someone is the "Queen of rap" is just a generational thing. There isn't a lot of overlapping with female rappers, so when a new one comes, they dominate the scene and they're the "queen". Not to mention the former "Queens" (like Missy, or that other one that got a head transplant) tend to dip off from making music or public exposure after a short-ish amount of time.

Also Bodak Yellow is not the worst rap record. It's a bop and we all know it. Not to mention there's just worse out there. 

1 hour ago, Bionic-AHHH! said:

And why do people unable to understand that neither Nicki Minaj nor Cardi B is the "greatest female rapper"? Missy Elliott is literally still alive, but maybe y'all only care about the quantity/sales rather than qualitea of the skill.

Remember when Nicki had to be featured on other people's songs just to get number one records? Remember when one of the worst rap records of all-time, a.k.a. Bodak Yellow, got to be number one on the charts?

Why?

wendy3

The same reason why Britney and Christina were pushed over the moon instead of Successica because they were not ready for ha!

Successica invented Take My Bread Away and Sea Chicken. A far better pop culture contribution than what Botney and Xtincta ever brought to the table. 

Spoiler

jessica simpson gifs Page 4 | WiffleGifPregnant Jessica Simpson Says The Darnedest Things! - Perez Hilton

#StreamAPublicAffiar #StreamInThisSkin #StreamSweetKisses #StreamIrresistible #StreamDoYouKnow #StreamReJoyceTheChristmasAlbum #StreamHappyChristmas

53 minutes ago, LittleDudeNT5 said:

I mean, we have Nicki, Cardi, Meghan, and Doja going on right now. So that's more than 2. And the idea that someone is the "Queen of rap" is just a generational thing. There isn't a lot of overlapping with female rappers, so when a new one comes, they dominate the scene and they're the "queen". Not to mention the former "Queens" (like Missy, or that other one that got a head transplant) tend to dip off from making music or public exposure after a short-ish amount of time.

Also Bodak Yellow is not the worst rap record. It's a bop and we all know it. Not to mention there's just worse out there. 

Bodak Yellow isn't the worst, it's one of the worst (for moi). wendy4

9 minutes ago, Daniel K. said:

The same reason why Britney and Christina were pushed over the moon instead of Successica because they were not ready for ha!

Successica invented Take My Bread Away and Sea Chicken. A far better pop culture contribution than what Botney and Xtincta ever brought to the table. 

Reveal hidden contents

jessica simpson gifs Page 4 | WiffleGifPregnant Jessica Simpson Says The Darnedest Things! - Perez Hilton

#StreamAPublicAffiar #StreamInThisSkin #StreamSweetKisses #StreamIrresistible #StreamDoYouKnow #StreamReJoyceTheChristmasAlbum #StreamHappyChristmas

The fact that this woman has built a great success beyond music and entertainment by utilizing her "dumb blonde" image...I don't know a better woman, tbh. Sad, but...a pro? wendy3

Azealia Barks could have gone somewhere if she didn't suddenly started acting like Kanye South. wendy2

cIggy Azealia got cancelled, I don't know from what, maybe the Uglee Gurls duet? rav2 and pretending to be another race. wendy2

Lil Kim couldn't compete with her clone, and she changes race every year wendy2

Keida and Shensea never took off after collaborating with Cursetina:

Nekci Menij never had a solo #1 to this day. rav2

2 hours ago, Bionic-AHHH! said:

Bodak Yellow isn't the worst, it's one of the worst (for moi). wendy4

The fact that this woman has built a great success beyond music and entertainment by utilizing her "dumb blonde" image...I don't know a better woman, tbh. Sad, but...a pro? wendy3

Paris Hilton, Kardashians/Jenners, Marilyn Monroe um2

4 hours ago, Daniel K. said:

Reveal hidden contents

Okay, this Jessica Simpson fake-stanning has never been funny and it gets less funny the more yall try to shove it down our throats.

1 hour ago, Madonna said:

Okay, this Jessica Simpson fake-stanning has never been funny and it gets less funny the more yall try to shove it down our throats.

I don't fake stan. I actually stan Ms. Simpson's music irl, but I do think that her singing isn't good. moo9

2 minutes ago, Princess Aurora said:

Paris Hilton and the Kardashians in the same sentence with Marilyn Monroe ? rip3 

I don't mean it in that way lol2 Ms Monroe was obviously more talented than all of them.

But there is a parallel in their celebrity life; Marilyn played the roles of dumb blondes in her movies and acted like a dumb blonde, when people have said that she was actually intelligent. The same goes for Paris and Kim.

2 minutes ago, STJ said:

I don't mean it in that way lol2 Ms Monroe was obviously more talented than all of them.

But there is a parallel in their celebrity life; Marilyn played the roles of dumb blondes in her movies and acted like a dumb blonde, when people have said that she was actually intelligent. The same goes for Paris and Kim.

Of course but that comparison made my skin crawl rip4 

On 10/19/2020 at 1:45 PM, Madonna said:

Exactly. Especially knowing that Jesica Simpson is the only MAGA Pop Star is really cringy nicki5 

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.