Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

poSLAYtions

Why Does Hollywood Only Push Two Female Rappers to Mainstream Exposure?

Sexism and misogyny. The idea of a multitude of female rappers, from the "raunchy" to the "woke", in the industry is frightening to men. That's why a lot of men will criticize female rappers for the bare minimum. It also doesn't help that a lot of these female rappers can rap better than a number of their male counterparts. oprah11

10 hours ago, Bionic-AHHH! said:

Remember when one of the worst rap records of all-time, a.k.a. Bodak Yellow, got to be number one on the charts?

You had me until here. Say what you want about Cardi but Bodak Yellow is a bop.

2 hours ago, Ex said:

I was shocked at how bad Meghan's new song was written, she's by far the worst one

What are you talking about? Megan's one of the best female rappers to debut in recent years

49 minutes ago, Luca said:

Downvoting my post stating the fact America is racist? What's the truth Demi stan? 

Lol I didn't downvote it because I don't think America is racist I downvoted it because that's not the reason there are "only" three popular black female rappers right now

11 hours ago, LittleDudeNT5 said:

I mean, we have Nicki, Cardi, Meghan, and Doja going on right now. So that's more than 2. And the idea that someone is the "Queen of rap" is just a generational thing. There isn't a lot of overlapping with female rappers, so when a new one comes, they dominate the scene and they're the "queen". Not to mention the former "Queens" (like Missy, or that other one that got a head transplant) tend to dip off from making music or public exposure after a short-ish amount of time.

Also Bodak Yellow is not the worst rap record. It's a bop and we all know it. Not to mention there's just worse out there. 

This one? fall8

CO1VDVNUcAEmoXj.jpg

Just now, STJ said:

She looked like Melania Trump at one point:

wc_0B8745cc00?type=thumbnail_1024x576

And yet Twitter tried to cancel Agrill Lasagne for cultural appropriation when she released Hello Kitty because she copied Gwen Stefani and had 4 Japanese backing dancers doing very robotic dance moves. lana10

1 minute ago, Billie Frank said:

And yet Twitter tried to cancel Agrill Lasagne for cultural appropriation when she released Hello Kitty because she copied Gwen Stefani and had 4 Japanese backing dancers doing very robotic dance moves. lana10

You can't cancel someone who's already cancelled. lol2

Just now, STJ said:

You can't cancel someone who's already cancelled. lol2

No they just replace her with a clone again like they did in 2005. Truly the Jesus Christ of the 21st Century. mad5

2 hours ago, Lynk said:

Sexism and misogyny. The idea of a multitude of female rappers, from the "raunchy" to the "woke", in the industry is frightening to men. That's why a lot of men will criticize female rappers for the bare minimum. It also doesn't help that a lot of these female rappers can rap better than a number of their male counterparts. oprah11

You had me until here. Say what you want about Cardi but Bodak Yellow is a bop.

What are you talking about? Megan's one of the best female rappers to debut in recent years

If this is one of the best female rappers to debut in recent years then the standard is very low

These lyrics are weak asf

1 hour ago, Demi Lovallah said:

Better than stanning Won Hung Lo

Well, Wonho IS hung. He's also a hunk. He's a hunky, beefy, sexy man. moo9

Demi's most recent boobs IG post was cringe. Her current music soundscape is cringe. Her current "soulful" singing technique is cringe. Everything about her today is cringe. Applaud applaud applaud for ha new song Commander in Chief though, at least she's not being a bitter keyboard warrior anymore. moo10

28 minutes ago, Bionic-AHHH! said:

Well, Wonho IS hung. He's also a hunk. He's a hunky, beefy, sexy man. moo9

Demi's most recent boobs IG post was cringe. Her current music soundscape is cringe. Her current "soulful" singing technique is cringe. Everything about her today is cringe. Applaud applaud applaud for ha new song Commander in Chief though, at least she's not being a bitter keyboard warrior anymore. moo10

fall8

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.