Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Katy Petty

Positions...

38 minutes ago, Divine said:

We love to say it because it's true. Most of the people that have problems with Ariana's r&b/trap leaning songs are almost always pop stans that cream their pants the minute they hear a synth. And I really don't recall Ariana stans calling ANY of her leads "weak choices" considering we all agree NTLTC, DW, tun, Problem, and The Way were perfect lead choices. (say what you want about Problem aging but it was perfect lead single material for it's time.)

Anyways, the song is amazing. Yall are gonna drag it and call it bland then say "omg it grew on me" then once it finally gets the praise it deserves yall will switch and say "ugh it's so overrated". It's like clockwork with pop stans and Ariana music. rip4 

Scalped clap1 

6 minutes ago, Bionic-AHHH! said:

Aw, that's cute. Deluded people always try to delude people...and I'm not gonna be deluded by you. nat1

People on reddit- a much bigger statistical pool - seem to think its crap/underwhelming as well, sis. So no, its not just us. Watch her Focus’ this once it bombs. gag1

It's not groundbreaking or anything wild and new, but it's still catchy and smooth. The harmonies are fabulous and the instrumental is interesting enough. I mean, with an album that's primarily going to just shallowly focus on sex, are we really that surprised?

I will say that throwing a random whistle at the end of the song is such a Mariah move lol3 Like, it's a staple, honey.

But I still liked it 

1 minute ago, LittleDudeNT5 said:

It's not groundbreaking or anything wild and new, but it's still catchy and smooth. The harmonies are fabulous and the instrumental is interesting enough. I mean, with an album that's primarily going to just shallowly focus on sex, are we really that surprised?

I will say that throwing a random whistle at the end of the song is such a Mariah move lol3 Like, it's a staple, honey.

But I still liked it 

I mean, Honey is about cum and yet the lyrics AND the tune are more than just basic stuff like Positions is. moo6

14 minutes ago, Gilly said:

People on reddit- a much bigger statistical pool - seem to think its crap/underwhelming as well, sis. So no, its not just us. Watch her Focus’ this once it bombs. gag1

What is that I taste? A tea! moo6

6 minutes ago, Bionic-AHHH! said:

I mean, Honey is about cum and yet the lyrics AND the tune are more than just basic stuff like Positions is.

I mean, Honey is a classic, but I would say it's pretty pop-standard lyrics (when it comes to Mariah, at least). That shit does have like a 3-part chorus tho moo8

Positions is pretty simple and isn't deep or anything lyrically on par with something like TU,N. BUT it's good for what it's worth. I mean, it's not like she was out of pop music for 7 years and then dropped something like Stupid Love jj4 So, it's nothing to whinge over. Crying about how it's basic or underwhelming is annoying considering it's a solid song – even if it's not amazing.

The chorus is already sticking with me, even though she's running those words together with the smudge tool on photoshop. 

30 minutes ago, Gilly said:

Bookmarked for kiis

2 hours ago, Ariana said:

is fucking amazing. just because it isn't a pussy pop anthem doesn't mean it's bland or boring ari5

This is lowkey so funny to me because you’re usually the first one to say the same about other artists when it isn’t a banger or sumn lol3

but yes this song is a slap I don’t get the hate 

2 minutes ago, BreatheeOnKnee said:

It was basique but the video was honestly worse, all her videos have the same fucking camera angles and editing style with her face in half profile and her jittering her mouth its so annoying

🦗 

Casual, extremely well-executed continuation of her amazing career. Like she never left, which is perfect. She didn't need a comeback because... she never stopped slaying. The song is great, the production is stellar, the music video is impressively directed (and acted, well done, Ari),... I'm living nicki6 Completely satisfied. This album is gonna be great.

Ari's suffered these "bland", "boring", "same old" etc. reviews for years now because gay men still have a hard time wrapping their head around R&B (or anything that doesn't have a Europop chorus/beat or structure, basically) so I'm not surprised to see these reactions moo1 After I've seen countless people saying Sweetener and TUN were downgrades (DOWNGRADES!!!) from DW I've given up on most pop forum commentary on her anyway.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.