Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Chris

First thoughts on positions album

It's leaked. What are your favs? Which do you immediately delete off your phone first? All the things, what are your opinions on your first listen?

So far my favs are 

Six thirty

Pov

Positions

Safety Net

I really hope this will grow on me and it probably will with more listens, but on first listen every song sounds more or less the same dead1 six thirty, nasty and off the table are my faves after one listen

22 minutes ago, Kristina said:

I really hope this will grow on me and it probably will with more listens, but on first listen every song sounds more or less the same dead1 six thirty, nasty and off the table are my faves after one listen

Def will. I'm starting to differentiate them on my 3rd listen now

My favorites & the ones that stood me by the most after a first listen:

- 34+35

- off the table (probably my fave from the whole album)

- safety net (ty dollar sign FINALLY sounds normal)

- my hair

- nasty

- love language

- pov

I absolutely love the vibe of this album, it’s so laid back and slow, it’s definetly her most mature album but she still sounds very authentic yas2 I definetly stan this, I don’t think it’s her best album, but I will play the shit out of this that’s for sure! 

27 minutes ago, Chris Morlock said:

It's like folklore. Giving it a skim isn't gonna do shit for you

I liked Folklore on a skim jj1 

This whole album was pretty one-note for me

1 minute ago, Dan said:

I liked Folklore on a skim jj1 

This whole album was pretty one-note for me

Yeah. It’s super safe and generic. Wish she would change her sound more. I find thank u next, sweetner and positions all sound the same 

1 minute ago, Paranomin said:

Yeah. It’s super safe and generic. Wish she would change her sound more. I find thank u next, sweetner and positions all sound the same 

Absolutely agree. I think she just feels safe within this sound, which is fair since it does so well for her, but I'd love for her to take some risks at this point with her sound. She has such a strong voice and I'd love for her to experiment more. 

13 minutes ago, Dan said:

Absolutely agree. I think she just feels safe within this sound, which is fair since it does so well for her, but I'd love for her to take some risks at this point with her sound. She has such a strong voice and I'd love for her to experiment more. 

I’m curious how well this album will do since it sounds so similar. For me I thought of an artist constantly dosent grow sound wise they usually tend not to do as well cause people get sick of the sound 🤔 

i think it's stronger as an album than it is individually! even tho i like songs like motive, safety net, positions and pov a lot, i thought the album had no real highlights? rip4 i had no issue with the track lengths at first because a short song really can work, but i don't think it did with this, you can tell these songs needed more time to expand on themselves but by cutting them short they just don't give you much... the songs are short and also feel very one-note throughout for me. what the album really does shine in is with her vocals which are easily her best in any album, but i think she traded off more rich production, good lyrics and melodies (like in positions which is easily the best song in here for me) in favor of that rip4

i don't know if the album was actually rushed, but it sounds like it to me, i'm pretty let down from my first listens but i'm sure it's gonna grow on me with time juicy1

um this album sounds like something you could play at work as background music dead2 on first listen, it sounds really bland. I wish the album was more like Nasty... she should've went full vulgar. I can see why they picked positions as the lead, it's really the only single worthy song on the album. 

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.