Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Entea

Taylor Swift reflects on 'RED': 'My true breakup album'

Taylor-Swift-time-100-gala-2019-a-billboard-1548-1600869165-768x433.jpg

It’s official: Taylor Swift’s RED is her heartbreak record. Or in her own words, it captured “pure, absolute, to the core, heartbreak” like none of her albums before or since. TayTay discusses her recollections on her fourth album for a new feature by Rolling Stone and Apple Music on the entertainment magazine’s list of 500 Greatest Albums. “I look back on this as my true breakup album, every other album has flickers of different things,” she says in an audio grab. “But this was an album that I wrote specifically about pure, absolute, to the core, heartbreak.”

It might have been a painful time for Taylor, but boy Swifties love the album. Released in 2012, Swift’s first foray into pop debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart (with 1.21 million first week sales) and finished the year as the second best-selling album. It was also Swift’s first chart leader in the U.K., and it ruled surveys in Canada, Australia and elsewhere. Listen to the snippet below.

x

Red has so many of my fav songs on it 

state of grace 

red

treacherous

all too well 

I almost do 

sad beautiful tragic 

holy ground 

everything has changed 

the moment I knew 

come back...be here 

these are all among my top 50 Taylor songs ! 

This is my second favourite behind folklore 

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.