Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Snow

Selena talks with future VP Kamala Harris

The video is pretty short, but a bit of transcript if you need it.

In the video, Gomez admits that she "wasn't very educated" about the voting process but that she feels that today, her vote "counts more than ever."

"As a citizen, as someone who truly, truly cares about their country, not voting is just not an option," she said. "There's a lot at stake," added the senator, 56, before talking about how she and former vice president Joe Biden plan to fight for people like Gomez — and Harris' own sister — who live with lupus.

"And that's one of the things that Joe and I are fighting for, which is to hold on to the Affordable Care Act and expand it, including what you've talked a lot about," Harris said, before adding, "Mental health care, the way I think about it is that we have to understand health care. You can't just think that the body starts from the neck down. We also need health care for the neck up."

Gomez has been open about her "mental health journey," revealing earlier this year that she was diagnosed with bipolar disorder.

"I just read too much about how deep this country is being affected mentally," she said. "I've had so many dreams about creating places that people could go to. I think there's a part of me that wishes we had some sort of place that felt like maybe you just need to get help."

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.