Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Snow

Turn "Positions" into an EP

Positions (album) - Wikipedia

Turn Positions into a 7 track EP!

TRACKLIST
Shut Up
34+35
Motive
Just like Magic
Off the Table
Six Thirty
Safety Net
My Hair
Nasty
West Side
Love Language
Positions
Obvious
POV

I do need more time listening to it, but what I would like to be included is:

1. shut up ( adequate introduction and pretty welcome as such considering it sets the tone for the rest of the album with its strings and multi-layers both instrumentally and vocally and it is also suitable sequel to rather sad, but festive party theme of thank u, next, albeit more confident );
  2. motive ( I think I prefer this version as only Ariana Grande song, but those deep, minor beats truly lift up vintage movie film from the shut up, so you can grace yourself for a quick dance and this one also sets ( another ) layer of sensuality );
  3. just like magic ( this is the most effervescent that melody gets on this album and vocal production is near immaculate I think; this one also presents Ariana at most confident among all these tracks and in my opinion it is nearly as infectious as successful, but with stronger and more polished aura );
  4. safety net ( I find this one to be the best of the featuring songs, but even then I also prefer only Ariana here as her opening verse gets me into it more than Ty Dolla $ign does later on with whole his part; besides, it provides that little bit dazed and vulnerable touch among rather hedonistic palette );
  5. my hair ( okay, jazzy style on this one pretty much rocks the boat enough for me; she arouses attention and benefits more for being indirectly enticing and sensual while adressing that trademark of hers );
  6. positions ( this perfectly incoporates thematic catalogue of this whole album and is thumping, toned down, alluring and bright at the same time in just right ammounts, although needs a little bit more identity, but still fresh );
  7. pov ( this one is essentially like safety net - emotionally fragile Ariana for all the right reasons of course, but it mixes double entendres well and it just makes it like she ( or person that identifies themselves with these songs ) made the right choice of having night time party with the better one ).

jj2

Overall, I would personally look more into nasty and love language, especially the latter, but I really wanted west side and obvious to last longer considering those two could replace my hair and motive in my ranking, but oh well, as in my head states "... I saw potential without seein' credentials..." jj5

1. 34+35
  2. Motive
  3. Six Thirty
  4. Safety Net
  5. My Hair
  6. Positions
  7. Love Language

A bit harder than expected but we're here brit16 special shoutout to Obvious, which I had to cut for Love Language

1 minute ago, Honest Vocal Couch Potato said:

Sis this post caught me off guard... the essay ColorlessSlimyGoitered-max-1mb.gif

Hide contents

I like these types of elaborate responses though rather than one word answers lol2 

ny6

Then you would be disappointed considering I prefer to be concise ( I know, it is shocking for me to state ) and short because of the time, but I finally collected most of my thoughts on the album and this seemed like right opportunity to express them. jj5

But yes, of course, proper discussion always win. bey7

7 minutes ago, Ghostface said:
Spoiler

I do need more time listening to it, but what I would like to be included is:

1. shut up ( adequate introduction and pretty welcome as such considering it sets the tone for the rest of the album with its strings and multi-layers both instrumentally and vocally and it is also suitable sequel to rather sad, but festive party theme of thank u, next, albeit more confident );
  2. motive ( I think I prefer this version as only Ariana Grande song, but those deep, minor beats truly lift up vintage movie film from the shut up, so you can grace yourself for a quick dance and this one also sets ( another ) layer of sensuality );
  3. just like magic ( this is the most effervescent that melody gets on this album and vocal production is near immaculate I think; this one also presents Ariana at most confident among all these tracks and in my opinion it is nearly as infectious as successful, but with stronger and more polished aura );
  4. safety net ( I find this one to be the best of the featuring songs, but even then I also prefer only Ariana here as her opening verse gets me into it more than Ty Dolla $ign does later on with whole his part; besides, it provides that little bit dazed and vulnerable touch among rather hedonistic palette );
  5. my hair ( okay, jazzy style on this one pretty much rocks the boat enough for me; she arouses attention and benefits more for being indirectly enticing and sensual while adressing that trademark of hers );
  6. positions ( this perfectly incoporates thematic catalogue of this whole album and is thumping, toned down, alluring and bright at the same time in just right ammounts, although needs a little bit more identity, but still fresh );
  7. pov ( this one is essentially like safety net - emotionally fragile Ariana for all the right reasons of course, but it mixes double entendres well and it just makes it like she ( or person that identifies themselves with these songs ) made the right choice of having night time party with the better one ).

jj2

Overall, I would personally look more into nasty and love language, especially the latter, but I really wanted west side and obvious to last longer considering those two could replace my hair and motive in my ranking, but oh well, as in my head states "... I saw potential without seein' credentials..." jj5

The DETAIL! giveup1 

But I love it! Wish there was recognition for Six Thirty but yes! brit16

1 minute ago, Snow said:
  1. 34+35
  2. Motive
  3. Six Thirty
  4. Safety Net
  5. My Hair
  6. West Side
  7. Positions
  8. Love Language

A bit harder than expected but we're here brit16 special shoutout to Obvious, which I had to cut for Love Language

You still have a chance to make an EP, cut one song ( preferably one of the weaker ones ) and replace it with stronger contender and therefore produce better collection. jj2

1 minute ago, Ghostface said:

You still have a chance to make an EP, cut one song ( preferably one of the weaker ones ) and replace it with stronger contender and therefore produce better collection. jj2

Oh sorry, I forgot to delete West Coast Side, it was never meant to make it jj2

1 minute ago, Snow said:

The DETAIL! giveup1 

But I love it! Wish there was recognition for Six Thirty but yes! brit16

Oh well, I do find it sympathetic how cheeky verses turn out to be, but the chorus is both stalling and catchy, so we kind of find ourselves on the no one's ground there, but I can use it as an interlude. jj5

2 minutes ago, Ghostface said:

Oh well, I do find it sympathetic how cheeky verses turn out to be, but the chorus is both stalling and catchy, so we kind of find ourselves on the no one's ground there, but I can use it as an interlude. jj5

Yeah judging from the reactions so far, the song isn't very popular but I really like it, not sure why dead1 even I'M surprised by it. It's become a bit of a shock fave for me I think. Currently, it's in my Top 3 from Positions brit16

On the contrary, I'm not feeling the Just Like Magic hype. Everyone else seems to love it and for me it's just.. it's not a bad song per se, but also not THAT good. I can already tell it's gonna become a bit of Into You 2.0, where everyone else seems to love it but I just don't get it nicki5

1 minute ago, Snow said:

Yeah judging from the reactions so far, the song isn't very popular but I really like it, not sure why dead1 even I'M surprised by it. It's become a bit of a shock fave for me I think. Currently, it's in my Top 3 from Positions brit16

On the contrary, I'm not feeling the Just Like Magic hype. Everyone else seems to love it and for me it's just.. it's not a bad song per se, but also not THAT good. I can already tell it's gonna become a bit of Into You 2.0, where everyone else seems to love it but I just don't get it nicki5

Chorus of six thirty and her pronunciation of the title is sticking with me, but seems rather unmemorable  from the listens I gave it so far, but we will see how it fairs later on.

Just Like Magic also suffers a bit for not being more fledged out - it kind of plays with glossy shallow thematic too much at certain parts, but production brings it up much more than the expression itself. Its opening soundscape is as dazzling as the shut up's outro - like some colorful visual stimulus almost. jj2

Into You is good, but I am prone to agree that it is not that much of a deal. jj5

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.