Snow

2020 US Presidential Election: Biden WINS

Just now, Mikey Likey said:

She’s ready to file after or the day before inauguration  she’s done. I bet her ass voted Biden on Election Day and that’s why she didn’t vote with husband early ny1 

I don’t dislike her, honestly. I don’t begrudge anyone doing anything to get ahead in the world, but I’ll like her a lot more once she’s out of the White House.

Incase anyone still gives a shit: 

Arizona: (Biden 49.5%/Trump49%)  19,348+ Biden Lead 

The Trump Campaign took issue with the fact that networks called this race, believing that they had enough votes in Maricopa County to offset any Biden lead and put the state back into the red column. This doesn't appear to be the case, and Biden will more than likely carry the state. Maybe not comfortably, but considering that President Trump carried the state of Michigan in 2016 by 10,000 votes, a win is a win. Any chances of Republicans retaking the lead in Maricopa County, or at least matching it, have faded. Trump has underperformed in Yuma County, and Biden has over performed in Pima. 

Georgia: (Biden 49.5%/Trump 49.3%) 9,195+ Biden Lead 

The so-called military and overseas ballots that Republicans were hoping would bridge the gap in Georgia are being counted, and on top of a clerical error which when resolved gave Biden additional 2,000+ votes to his lead, have effectively sealed the state for the new President-elect. Given fastidiousness of the balloting process in this state, it is unlikely that a recount will be able to erase this lead. Biden is the first Democrat to carry this state in a Presidential race in decades. The two senate races will also go to a run-off in January, and will likely decide who controls the United States Senate (barring a final outcome in North Carolina). 

Nevada: (Biden 50.1%/Trump 47.1%) 31,464 + Biden Lead 

The Trump people were hoping that they'd be able to flip this state, Biden's lead on Election night was less than 7,500 votes, but until then has grown. Biden is on track to meet the Clinton margin of victory in 2016. 

Pennsylvania: (Biden 49.7%/Trump 49.1%) 41,223 + Biden Lead 

Pennsylvania is at the center of Republican efforts to somehow, magically, salvage President Trump. They do this in spite of the fact that in counties all over the state, Biden is matching the margins he needs to take the state (75-85%). The PA GOP, as well as the Trump Campaign, and the RNC, are trying to bring to the Supreme Court of the United States the issue of a batch of ballots that arrived after Election day, but technically met the margins that the PA Supreme Court set for legality (post marked on or before election day). The great flaw is that these ballots were already set aside and segregated by the Pennsylvania Secretary of State, canvassed but not counted. Meaning also that they're not in the current count that gives Biden a 41,000+ lead. The GOP premise to the public is that this number is effecting the statewide count, but it isn't. 

One would think that President Trump would want to count them, they could be a potential straw for him to grasp.  But either way, considering President-elect Biden has been dominating mail-in ballots by 75-85%, counting these ballots wouldn't likely help President Trump. 

Michigan: (Biden 50.6%/Trump 47.9%) 146,123+ Biden Lead 

President Trump won this state in by 10,000 votes in 2016. Whatever grounds that his team might come up with to even suggest a recount are absurd on their face, as any recount is hardly likely to reverse a near 150,000+ lea

Wisconsin: (Biden 49.6%/Trump 48.9%) 20,540+ Biden Lead 

Interestingly enough, this margin is just about at the same margin that President won it at in 2016. That race, too, had a recount, requested by Dr. Jill Stein, and it only shifted the numbers by a few hundred votes. Former Governor Scott Walker admitted that even if the Trump people pursued a recount here that it was hardly going to change the outcome. 

In short: no matter what the hairbrained scheme the Trump people might come up with, they've lost, plain and simple. The great orange beast as been defeated, but his chicken fucking followers are still among us. 

So, if you can, donate to those two senate run offs in Georgia and give Democrats control of the US Senate. 

Leslie knope toast cheers GIF on GIFER - by Gavithis

For reference, in case any Trump voters are confused: Donald Trump doesn't have to concede, it is not a legal requirement, it is a tradition. President-elect Biden will get 306 Electoral Votes. He's President-elect, automatically. The Electoral College will certify it in December, Congress will certify it on January 6th.  At noon, on January 21th 2021, Joe Biden becomes President of the United States, by law. It doesn't matter if Trump is still physically in the White House, he will be trespassing. At noon, on that day, authority over the land, naval, air, and (well) space forces of the United States Military are given to Joe Biden. The Secret Service will protect Joe Biden as President of the United States. We got lucky with our first quasi-authoritarian, he's an idiot. 

15 minutes ago, Darth Sidious said:

For reference, in case any Trump voters are confused: Donald Trump doesn't have to concede, it is not a legal requirement, it is a tradition. President-elect Biden will get 306 Electoral Votes. He's President-elect, automatically. The Electoral College will certify it in December, Congress will certify it on January 6th.  At noon, on January 21st, 2021, Joe Biden becomes President of the United States, by law. It doesn't matter if Trump is still physically in the White House, he will be trespassing. At noon, on that day, authority over the land, naval, air, and (well) space forces of the United States Military are given to Joe Biden. The Secret Service will protect Joe Biden as President of the United States. We got lucky with our first quasi-authoritarian, he's an idiot. 

Can we eject Trump to the Moon or something. He can turn the Aristarchus crater in to a golf course.

1 hour ago, Darth Sidious said:

For reference, in case any Trump voters are confused: Donald Trump doesn't have to concede, it is not a legal requirement, it is a tradition. President-elect Biden will get 306 Electoral Votes. He's President-elect, automatically. The Electoral College will certify it in December, Congress will certify it on January 6th.  At noon, on January 21st, 2021, Joe Biden becomes President of the United States, by law. It doesn't matter if Trump is still physically in the White House, he will be trespassing. At noon, on that day, authority over the land, naval, air, and (well) space forces of the United States Military are given to Joe Biden. The Secret Service will protect Joe Biden as President of the United States. We got lucky with our first quasi-authoritarian, he's an idiot. 

This has been on my mind, and it worries me. Trump has given a voice to groups of people that used to be generally unheard of in politics. Figures like him have popped up all around the world, and even in the last election there were a bunch of people running on the platform Trump built -- and they ACTUALLY won. Like, a group of QAnon supporters are set to enter Congress.

So.. what if Trump was perfect, or at least better at what he does? Of course, he isn't.. but what if someone else is? The next "Trumpist" could run in 2024, and they may not be so easy to beat.  

The situation is a perfect setup, in other words, for a talented politician to run on Trumpism in 2024. A person without the eager Twitter fingers and greedy hotel chains, someone with a penchant for governing rather than golf. An individual who does not irritate everyone who doesn’t already like him, and someone whose wife looks at him adoringly instead of slapping his hand away too many times in public. Someone who isn’t on tape boasting about assaulting women, and who says the right things about military veterans. Someone who can send appropriate condolences about senators who die, instead of angering their state’s voters, as Trump did, perhaps to his detriment, in Arizona. A norm-subverting strongman who can create a durable majority and keep his coalition together to win more elections.  

Make no mistake: The attempt to harness Trumpism—without Trump, but with calculated, refined, and smarter political talent—is coming. And it won’t be easy to make the next Trumpist a one-term president. He will not be so clumsy or vulnerable. He will get into office less by luck than by skill.

Full Article

On 11/8/2020 at 8:45 PM, Snow said:

This has been on my mind, and it worries me. Trump has given a voice to groups of people that used to be generally unheard of in politics. Figures like him have popped up all around the world, and even in the last election there were a bunch of people running on the platform Trump built -- and they ACTUALLY won. Like, a group of QAnon supporters are set to enter Congress.

So.. what if Trump was perfect, or at least better at what he does? Of course, he isn't.. but what if someone else is? The next "Trumpist" could run in 2024, and they may not be so easy to beat.  

Full Article

I think I said it somewhere else in this marvelous thread, but for any student of political science in the United States, it is generally acceptable to assume that 20-30% of the population could witness the Nazis roll in and topple the government, and not have a single issue with it. Those people, more than likely, wouldn't be affected by such a thing, and they wouldn't see anything explicitly wrong with it. Take that 20-30% factor and simply work up from there. I think we see that with these  "stop the steal" folks, and people that are genuinely convinced that Joe Biden, whom they've derided for months as "sleepy" and senile for months, has organized a multi-state, multi-faceted conspiracy to destroy America. 

And you're right, the next Trump person could be smart, and could actually succeed. But I take heart that a majority of the country, more than 50% is smart enough to see something for what it is. That gives me hope that our institutions are strong enough to withstand such an assault. As long as they come from something that was spawned by Trump, I expect that the Democratic process is enough to hold that off. Most people seen Q-anon and the 2a, MAGA people as crazy people, even if they are Republican or conservative. 

What I fear is an authoritarian who is not Donald Trump. Trump went down because of his bombast, his ego, his self-aggrandizement, and his self-consuming need to suck up all the energy in the room. Trump is a rank amature who lacks the political skill to really grab power. 

The next one could be like the gent in my AVI, and I have doubts that we'll see it for it is before it's too late.  

4 minutes ago, LittleDudeNT5 said:

Trump and his people are so annoying. I hate that the GOP are giving credence to his lies and ridiculous claims. It's sickening. 

On a brighter note, this happened:

At least Fox News isn't entirely in on it. If they amplified Trump's lies it could be disastrous.

The hypocrisy

1 hour ago, Snow said:

On a brighter note, this happened:

At least Fox News isn't entirely in on it. If they amplified Trump's lies it could be disastrous.

Oh I actually think Fox has been doing quite well in this instance. For once they're not totally in-line with the actual GOP.

Thing is, had Biden won by a huge majority in a massive red state i could maybe understand why Republicans would be crying about voter fraud, but literally every state Biden has flipped there's a reason behind it. Arizona for example has been seeing a large demographic swing and was never really a true red state. As for PA, we knew before the election that it would be a easy Dem win. dead2

16 minutes ago, Billie Frank said:

Thing is, had Biden won by a huge majority in a massive red state i could maybe understand why Republicans would be crying about voter fraud, but literally every state Biden has flipped there's a reason behind it. Arizona for example has been seeing a large demographic swing and was never really a true red state. As for PA, we knew before the election that it would be a easy Dem win. dead2

Trump is a narcissist, y'all. He literally has narcissistic personality disorder. No matter how much you tell him he's lost, he will lie to himself and make up scenarios that prove to him that he didn't lose. He is incapable of understanding that he is flawed. To him, everything he does is a success and a win. They can't accept failure.

Update: 

In an development that will surely burn the ass of some Republicans, President-elect Joe Biden and Vice President-elect Kamala Harris have now won an outright majority of the popular vote that surpasses that garnered by Republican icon Ronald Reagan in 1980. Reagan/Bush won 50.7% of the popular vote, Biden/Harris have garnered 50.8%. Biden and Harris are expected to get close to 80 million total votes, 11% of California's ballots are still out as are 26% of New York. 

The Biden/Harris Ticket is on track to score the highest popular vote margin by a victorious challenger since FDR in 1932. 

President Trump will become the only one term President to lose the popular vote twice. rip4

Ballot counts

Arizona: 13,510+ Biden Lead (-1,236) 

Georgia: 14,149+ Biden Lead (+1,859) lmfao1 (b-b-buT tHe miLiTaRY bALoTTS!!!!!!!) 

Pennsylvania: 45,673+ Biden Lead ( -583) 

Nevada: 36,726+ Biden Lead (+540) 

North Carolina: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/north-carolina-democrats-thousands-outstanding-votes

Democrats in the state say they're seeking volunteers to help cure absentee and provisional ballots that they think could prove decisive in some races.  

"Our team is helping cure absentee & provisional ballots -- and we need your help. There are thousands of outstanding votes to be cast -- and these could be the difference in determining crucial elections," the North Carolina Democratic Party wrote in a tweet Monday. 

It is unlikely that Democrats will be able to take North Carolina, but apparently the state party still thinks that there is a shot. North Carolina will neither help Trump surmount President-elect Biden's lead in the Electoral College, but if President-elect Biden is able to pull it out by a nose, it'll be gravy. Counting resumes on November 12th. 

10 hours ago, Madonna said:

Trump is a narcissist, y'all. He literally has narcissistic personality disorder. No matter how much you tell him he's lost, he will lie to himself and make up scenarios that prove to him that he didn't lose. He is incapable of understanding that he is flawed. To him, everything he does is a success and a win. They can't accept failure.

I think we all know that and expected this from him. It's the GOP and his administration that are standing by him and giving his claims attention that is extremely upsetting. 

I'll say this. We all expected this to drag out, and he's said for years that he would do this if he lost re-election. 

The good news is that for all our fears of a fascist-coup, the institutions of the Republic are preventing it from happening with any shred of ease or legality. 

If it happens, which I don't think for a second it will, people will see it for it what it is. We won't fall into some Hitlerlain/Weimar death spiral. There is an opposition, it's awake, it's bigger than the MAGA people and they are not fooled by this idiocy. 

I give my country so much shit, and in many cases, it's deserved and well-earned, but the Constitution of the United States is designed to prevent people like Trump from doing things that people like Trump do. It's simply never been put under this much pressure to hold.