Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Shego

Spotify is experimenting with a new feature

Spotify is experimenting with a new feature allowing record labels and artists to prioritize songs and influence personalized recommendations (such as autoplay).

In exchange for using this feature, labels and artists agree to get paid a lower recording royalty rate.

I honestly don't really understat what this means rip3 so, does this mean that (for example) if Scooter priorizes "positions", it will play over and over again if I decide to play it? 

11 minutes ago, Royalty said:

I honestly don't really understat what this means rip3 so, does this mean that (for example) if Scooter priorizes "positions", it will play over and over again if I decide to play it? 

idk, after you finish an album and the last track ends, the next song spotify plays is a random song by the same artist, maybe the artist can pick what song it would get played after that, idk rip3 seems more payola rip2

3 minutes ago, Shego said:

idk, after you finish an album and the last track ends, the next song spotify plays is a random song by the same artist, maybe the artist can pick what song it would get played after that, idk rip3 seems more payola rip2

I honestly like that better then the artist radio they play now sometimes, because usually those songs have nothing to do with the album that just played rip4 

12 minutes ago, GRANDESPOV said:

i honestly didn't understand nothing expect payola is becoming legalari7  

As long as the payola doesnt drag another artist through the mud I don't see a problem with it. 

Welcome to the forum! ari5

1 hour ago, Chris Morlock said:

As long as the payola doesnt drag another artist through the mud I don't see a problem with it. 

Welcome to the forum! ari5

wtf is a Payola? ive seen it everywhere but i don't know whta that means

America explain 

34 minutes ago, GlenCoco said:

wtf is a Payola? ive seen it everywhere but i don't know whta that means

America explain 

payola is basically a label paying money to get their song more exposure or prioritized over songs. for example, say Scooter wanted to payola for positions (song). he could pay to have the song featured more prominently in random rotations on spotify, he can pay to have the song played on the radio more than other songs, and he could pay to have the songs video to appear on YouTube's recommended more often and more prominently. it used to be illegal but it's been done for so many decades that the rules are getting more and more lax. 

14 hours ago, Mr. Mendes said:

payola is basically a label paying money to get their song more exposure or prioritized over songs. for example, say Scooter wanted to payola for positions (song). he could pay to have the song featured more prominently in random rotations on spotify, he can pay to have the song played on the radio more than other songs, and he could pay to have the songs video to appear on YouTube's recommended more often and more prominently. it used to be illegal but it's been done for so many decades that the rules are getting more and more lax. 

Oh i see thanks for the info <3 <3 

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.