Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Ruthless Love

Ariana Grande scores Official Chart Double with Positions

ariana-grande-positions-press.jpg?width=796&mode=stretch

Ariana Grande pulls off the rare Official Chart Double as Positions, her sixth album and its title track, each claim Number 1 on this week’s Official Singles and Albums Charts.

Positions becomes Ariana’s fourth consecutive Number 1 on the Official Albums Chart, racking up 27,500 chart sales, including 27.6 million track streams. Her previous chart-toppers are Thank U, Next (2019), Sweetener (2018), and Dangerous Woman (2016). 

Celebrating the news, Ariana tweeted: "thank you my UK baaabies. i miss n love you all. thank you so so much."

Meanwhile, Positions (single) leads the Official Singles Chart for a second week, while two more tracks from the record land in the Top 40: 34+35 at Number 9 and Motive ft. Doja Cat at 16. The entries take her tally of UK Top 40 hits to 28.

Ariana is the fourth artist to achieve the chart double in 2020 – following the successes of Drake, Eminem and Stormzy. It’s the second time she’s claimed it, after Thank U, Next (album) / Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I’m Bored (single) topped the charts in the same week in February 2019.

The star is also the first female artist to score consecutive chart double wins in almost ten years, since Rihanna’s Loud (album) / What’s My Name (single) and Talk That Talk (album) / We Found Love (single), both in 2011.

x

3 hours ago, Entea said:

Ugh, I've yet to listen to the album giveup1

this might be because i love her down but if you enjoyed sweetener, thank u, next and like yours truly sonically, you will LOVE this. it has a cute 90s - 00s feel and its very cohesive giveup3 

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.