Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

jrdn

Sam Smith leaves industry bosses baffled after selling just 20,000 copies of their latest album in first week... Why?

9 minutes ago, Villanelle said:

Sam Smith has always been insufferable as a person. No matter what music they put out. I think the original package of 'male adele' that was wheeled out in her off season was extremely marketable and relatable. But sadly since coming out, Sam seems to be lost in an identity crisis (not gender) and they don't seem to entirely do anything well. 

I can attest from being centimetres away from Sam Smith that Sam Smith is insufferable in real life.

3 minutes ago, Cha Eunwoo said:

They are no longer relatable.

Adele is next.

4494Lmz.gif

I disagree though, Adele doesn't suffer from overexposure. When she's not releasing music she's pretty much out of the spotlight. Which makes her more popular / less disliked by the general public. 

3 minutes ago, Billie Frank said:

I disagree though, Adele doesn't suffer from overexposure. When she's not releasing music she's pretty much out of the spotlight. Which makes her more popular / less disliked by the general public. 

Fans confuse Adele for Katy Perry in her latest Instagram photo - 9Celebrity

Didn't she get cancelled for this? And I don't mean looking like katy perry, but the hairstyle. julia1

Just now, Cha Eunwoo said:

Fans confuse Adele for Katy Perry in her latest Instagram photo - 9Celebrity

Didn't she get cancelled for this? And I don't mean looking like katy perry, but the hairstyle. julia1

"Twitter cancelled" is somewhat irrelevant though, plus she was at a festival in London where lots of people dress up like that. Imo people get way too upset over "cultural appropriation". If you wore a kilt i could scream cultural appropriation and have you #cancelled.   

4 minutes ago, Billie Frank said:

"Twitter cancelled" is somewhat irrelevant though, plus she was at a festival in London where lots of people dress up like that. Imo people get way too upset over "cultural appropriation". If you wore a kilt i could scream cultural appropriation and have you #cancelled.   

I would never wear a kilt julia1

Prince William - Mirror Online

26 minutes ago, LÉON said:

I can attest from being centimetres away from Sam Smith that Sam Smith is insufferable in real life.

Condolences. dead4 What was he/she/they/it/them like?

7 hours ago, Billie Frank said:

I have, they're so liberating. ari3

Reveal hidden contents

sksjsksjsksjsksjk

the most of me FOTP will ever get to see. burn1

will delete later. mad1

Were you on your way to your High School graduation or something? chi1

Yes, love your hairy legs, but that's a discussion for HoW mad1

Were you on your way to your High School graduation or something? chi1

It was a wedding. No one would wear a kilt to a graduation. chi1

Yes, love your hairy legs, but that's a discussion for HoW mad1

mad1

1 minute ago, Cha Eunwoo said:

Noted, will refuse invitations to Scottish weddings.

CBB Gemma Collins heartache as boyfriend is recalled to jail!

You don't need to wear a kilt, it's not the norm for a Non-Scottish person to wear one. dead4

Spoiler

Although i did once go to a wedding in rural Germany and wear a kilt. 

sassy beyonce GIF

this album should have been released in its original form back when How Do You Sleep? (one of the best songs in 2019 PERIOD! ) was killing it streaming and sales wise.

To Die For was a cute promo single but then they felt the need to get Demon on board and everything was ruined by that atrocious song as per usual with everything D*mi related.

20 hours ago, Kuba said:

Capitol artists are suffering the same fate recently: not striking the iron when it was hot. Had the album been released when Promises/DWAS/HDYS were smashing, things would have been totally different. Same thing happened to Halsey with Without Me and to Katy with Never Really Over. 

The album delay did not do them any favours either. Not only did it drag on the campaign by another 6 months, it completely changed the sound of the album. Many of us went in thinking it would be Sam's Diva moment, but it was really just another typical sam album with a handful of dance songs. I don't think their image was as much an issue, after all, Promises, Dancing with a stranger and How Do You Sleep were big hits. This album campaign as a whole whoever was just very tiresome and did not lead to a satisfactory body of work. 

Sam wanted to delay the album cos they didnt feel right releasing the album under the title 'To Die For' and later changed the album almost entirely. including a celine dion cover they co-wrote.

i still think it shouldve been released as TDF as it was and then Love Goes as a companion album/ep depending on how many songs were changed.

17 hours ago, Princess Aurora said:

Sam Smith's career is over. They were good at least rip4 

how is it over? its just one sorta-flop album in the middle of a pandemic mad5 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.