Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Lynk

Vocal Trinity of the new Generation

We all know that Whitney, Celine and Mariah are the undisputed vocal trinity of all time but for this generation, are there three unique vocalists than stand above the rest? If you were to create a vocal trinity for this generation, who would you pick and why?

11 minutes ago, Lynk said:

We all know that Whitney, Celine and Mariah are the undisputed vocal trinity of all time but for this generation, are there three unique vocalists than stand above the rest? If you were to create a vocal trinity for this generation, who would you pick and why?

Adele and Ariana are definitely two of them. The third is sort of a toss-up. I'd maybe say Beyonce but I kinda think she is in a different vocal trinity generation.

1 hour ago, Madonna said:

Literally everyone, girl. Mariah is always talked about in conjunction with Celine and Whitney. They were the vocal powerhouse trio of the 90s. 

90s: Mariah/Celine/Whitney

00s: Xtina/Beyonce/Kelly 

10s: Ariana/Demi*/Gaga

*Demi kind of lacks when it comes to impact/relevancy/longevity (same with Sia) but vocally she can have a spot anyway.

Are Ariana, Adele and Demi the only vocalists from this generation that you guys know?

4 hours ago, BreatheeOnKnee said:

None of them are successful/mainstream 

What does any of this have to do with vocals? xtina1

5 hours ago, Lynk said:

Are Ariana, Adele and Demi the only vocalists from this generation that you guys know?

probably lana  tori kelly is also talented  but not many vocalists from the 2010s and now to remember  besides them and jojo who is not from this generation 

10 hours ago, Billie Frank said:

90s: Mariah/Celine/Whitney

00s: Xtina/Beyonce/Kelly 

10s: Ariana/Demi*/Gaga

*Demi kind of lacks when it comes to impact/relevancy/longevity (same with Sia) but vocally she can have a spot anyway.

but were not talking  about impact/relevancy/longevity demi still a good singer without that she is a little underrated if you ask me ariana and gaga are bigger and greater singers but dl is still  great she just can not shut up

37 minutes ago, GRANDESPOV said:

but were not talking  about impact/relevancy/longevity demi still a good singer without that she is a little underrated if you ask me ariana and gaga are bigger and greater singers but dl is still  great she just can not shut up

I disagree, to be in the vocal trinity impact is a factor. Otherwise you could just include any random church singer who no1kurrs about. true1

Demi is underrated, but she's also annoying and her songs are generally quite generic. So i'm not surprised. Part of the reason Ariana is manging to sustain her success is down to the fact she's having much more input in her music and career now, even if some critics think her latest outputs have been quite formulaic, which is both a good and bad thing.

6 hours ago, Lynk said:

There's not been that many impactful vocalists this generation that have stood the test of time, Tori Kelly can sang, but most people have no clue who she is. mad1

4 minutes ago, Billie Frank said:

I disagree, to be in the vocal trinity impact is a factor. Otherwise you could just include any random church singer who no1kurrs about. true1

Demi is underrated, but she's also annoying and her songs are generally quite generic. So i'm not surprised. Part of the reason Ariana is manging to sustain her success is down to the fact she's having much more input in her music and career now, even if some critics think her latest outputs have been quite formulaic, which is both a good and bad thing.

demi is also in control of her sound her evolution twelve years ago to now is beautiful   her music saved lives so that is pretty impactful no matter how high she is charting and the generic part every mainstream artist writes generic songs themselves can tell you that the main thing is they makes music that relates to other fans  but anyways demi is apart of the vocal trinity like it or not 

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.