Just now, Dennis Reynolds said:
  Hide contents

I do think it's him, with them definitely doing the film crossover thing in the next Spider-Man movie and Doctor Strange 2 being all about the multiverse, I think this is really selling WandaVision as a can't-miss-it show if you want to be up on the films, unlike Agents of SHIELD and such, so this is where they're really starting to set up the multiverse. At the very least, if this Pietro is an imposter, I do think the real Pietro/Peter from the X-Men films will show up later.

Spoiler

i think Wanda subconsciously pulling this Pietro from another universe to bring him back would be cool as hell, but at the moment it doesn't seem like it's where they're doing? i think they're building into Wanda to snap and rip the multiverse open that way, but it's entirely unpredictable for episode 6 so i'm excited jodie4

i'm very excited for either path they take just because i think Evan is a fantastic actor and can bring so much into the show rn jodie4

6 minutes ago, Hyun. said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Another reason I think it's really Quicksilver and she did yank him out of the other universe is because he doesn't look like her Pietro, so if she didn't already know it was a version of him why would she react the way she did? It's like what the Kingpin was doing in Into the Spider-Verse.

Yea, I like his version of the character much more than Aaron Taylor-Johnson's so I would welcome more appearances from him as Quicksilver jodie4 By the way, that Lagos "mess you didn't mean to make" commercial was probably the darkest of her personal demons to be depicted in those ads.

43 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:
  Hide contents

Another reason I think it's really Quicksilver and she did yank him out of the other universe is because he doesn't look like her Pietro, so if she didn't already know it was a version of him why would she react the way she did? It's like what the Kingpin was doing in Into the Spider-Verse.

Yea, I like his version of the character much more than Aaron Taylor-Johnson's so I would welcome more appearances from him as Quicksilver jodie4 By the way, that Lagos "mess you didn't mean to make" commercial was probably the darkest of her personal demons to be depicted in those ads.

Spoiler

Kingpin and the Spider-verse was my first thought too! i wanna see if that arc will extend to her children as well jodie4

oh i absolutely agree! at first i thought it was just a reference at the mess she made of Westview but then on rewatch i caught Lagos and realised... i love how they're doing the commercials quite a lot omg jodie4

10 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Oh, really? That surprises me, actually bebe1 I haven't seen New Mutants but out of the rest I like all of them except X-Men Origins: Wolverine and Dark Phoenix bebe1 

i've always meant to but never actually got the motivation for it, not even evan sparks the interest enough in mer bebe1

22 minutes ago, Hyun. said:

i've always meant to but never actually got the motivation for it, not even evan sparks the interest enough in mer bebe1

In terms of comics I'd say they're my favorite Marvel characters and the ones I have the strongest knowledge of so I'm interested to see how they incorporate them now, but I wasn't disappointed by the previous films at all bebe1 X2 in particular I think is one of the best film adaptations of one of the best comic storylines, and although changing the villain from a Jerry Falwell-esque televangelist to a military commander sounds like it would make it really different, fundamentally it sticks very close and is high quality bebe1 At this point I'm kinda thinking Wanda will do what she did in the House of M comic and introduce mutants to the MCU.

Spoiler

Good episode but did not really feel like a 90s sitcom to me in the slightest, far more early 2000s (especially Malcolm in the Middle) just with a mild 90s backdrop. With that said, it was probably one of the genuine funniest episodes, and it was cool to see the comic book costumes. Agnes seemed really weird when the spell was broken, not sure if that was just because she was coming out of it but she seemed kind of insane compared to Vision's work buddy. Wonder if she's secretly up to something and is obfuscating the truth.

1 hour ago, Dennis Reynolds said:
  Hide contents

Good episode but did not really feel like a 90s sitcom to me in the slightest, far more early 2000s (especially Malcolm in the Middle) just with a mild 90s backdrop. With that said, it was probably one of the genuine funniest episodes, and it was cool to see the comic book costumes. Agnes seemed really weird when the spell was broken, not sure if that was just because she was coming out of it but she seemed kind of insane compared to Vision's work buddy. Wonder if she's secretly up to something and is obfuscating the truth.

Spoiler

i have no experience in 90s sitcoms so i'll believe you on that, but i thought it was yet another incredible episode jodie4 i adored seeing the comic book costumes not just on Wanda and Vision, but on Billy too omg. my main takeaway from this episode is that Wanda is cool as hell, and that certainly isn't any real Pietro! i'm so interested in seeing who he really is jodie4

also the cast is so incredible in this show, Evan Peters really is a delight on everything he's in jodie4

12 minutes ago, Hyun. said:
  Hide contents

i have no experience in 90s sitcoms so i'll believe you on that, but i thought it was yet another incredible episode jodie4 i adored seeing the comic book costumes not just on Wanda and Vision, but on Billy too omg. my main takeaway from this episode is that Wanda is cool as hell, and that certainly isn't any real Pietro! i'm so interested in seeing who he really is jodie4

also the cast is so incredible in this show, Evan Peters really is a delight on everything he's in jodie4

Spoiler

It's almost a dead ringer for Malcolm in the Middle, the scenes where the twins talk to the camera are pretty much exactly what the main character would do on that show.

His line "Unleash hell, demon spawn" might be more meaningful than it initially seemed jodie4 I'm thinking he is Mephisto and his concept of Pietro/Peter is just based on a version of him he saw peering through the multiverse, which he's getting away with due to denial. The twins are pretty much confirmed to be Speed and Wiccan, so I guess their loss (and maybe Vision's) is what sends Wanda into a full on villainous spiral jodie4 

1 minute ago, Dennis Reynolds said:
  Hide contents

It's almost a dead ringer for Malcolm in the Middle, the scenes where the wins talk to the camera are pretty much exactly what the main character would do on that show.

His line "Unleash hell, demon spawn" might be more meaningful than it initially seemed jodie4 I'm thinking he is Mephisto and his concept of Pietro/Peter is just based on a version of him he saw peering through the multiverse, which he's getting away with due to denial. The twins are pretty much confirmed to be Speed and Wiccan, so I guess their loss (and maybe Vision's) is what sends Wanda into a full on villainous spiral jodie4 

Spoiler

that's what i read, yeah! i thought that was super fun, not knowing the og at all

that stuck with me quite a lot, because i definitely think he's Mephisto, or related to him, and the kids do have some sort of link to him, which is where "demon spawn" comes from. i totally agree about him basing Pietro off of some version he saw and he's just deflecting everything Wanda's asking of him, which is smart considering how overwhelmed she must be with Vision becoming aware, the kids being the kids, and overall the whole illusion cracking jodie4

i love the kids omg, i was so happy when Billy got his powers! i really do think they'll be the catalyst to Wanda's breakdown tho jodie4

1 minute ago, Hyun. said:
  Hide contents

that's what i read, yeah! i thought that was super fun, not knowing the og at all

that stuck with me quite a lot, because i definitely think he's Mephisto, or related to him, and the kids do have some sort of link to him, which is where "demon spawn" comes from. i totally agree about him basing Pietro off of some version he saw and he's just deflecting everything Wanda's asking of him, which is smart considering how overwhelmed she must be with Vision becoming aware, the kids being the kids, and overall the whole illusion cracking jodie4

i love the kids omg, i was so happy when Billy got his powers! i really do think they'll be the catalyst to Wanda's breakdown tho jodie4

Spoiler

I'm kind of wondering if the cracks in the illusion (that SWORD didn't cause) are him intentionally taunting her, like when she briefly sees Vision and him as corpses. You can write off a lot of him as the "likable jerk family member" archetype he represents but he does have a sinister vibe. 

Who do you think Rambeau's contact is? It's not Captain Marvel, that'd be too obvious (I think they even said identified them as male but I'm not positive) jodie4 

Hide contents

I'm kind of wondering if the cracks in the illusion (that SWORD didn't cause) are him intentionally taunting her, like when she briefly sees Vision and him as corpses. You can write off a lot of him as the "likable jerk family member" archetype he represents but he does have a sinister vibe. 

Who do you think Rambeau's contact is? It's not Captain Marvel, that'd be too obvious (I think they even said identified them as male but I'm not positive) jodie4 

Spoiler

you read my mind! as soon as she saw Pietro's corpse i was like wait a minute... i really think it can be him trying to get her to crack jodie4 from what little we saw of him, MCU Pietro never had this weird, evil undertone to him, it's definitely a different one, or just not him completely, but there's something off with him. he also knew about the whole world Wanda built in there, that she was hiding the children and all, but that's too much self-awareness for someone truly in the simulation, so that's also a red flag.

i'm not sure! i think they'll introduce some new character from the comics for that because there's really nothing to base a guess on jodie4

11 hours ago, Hyun. said:
  Hide contents

you read my mind! as soon as she saw Pietro's corpse i was like wait a minute... i really think it can be him trying to get her to crack jodie4 from what little we saw of him, MCU Pietro never had this weird, evil undertone to him, it's definitely a different one, or just not him completely, but there's something off with him. he also knew about the whole world Wanda built in there, that she was hiding the children and all, but that's too much self-awareness for someone truly in the simulation, so that's also a red flag.

i'm not sure! i think they'll introduce some new character from the comics for that because there's really nothing to base a guess on jodie4

Spoiler

Apparently she said he was an aerospace engineer...could be Victor Von Doom or Reed Richards jodie4 I don't think they'd introduce them in this, but who knows?

I won't lie - after a dry 2020 I am quite looking forward to some steady Marvel this year with this, The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, Loki, What If and hopefully some of the movies (I wouldn't be surprised if they all get pushed back again though) jodie4 

Hide contents

Apparently she said he was an aerospace engineer...could be Victor Von Doom or Reed Richards jodie4 I don't think they'd introduce them in this, but who knows?

I won't lie - after a dry 2020 I am quite looking forward to some steady Marvel this year with this, The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, Loki, What If and hopefully some of the movies (I wouldn't be surprised if they all get pushed back again though) jodie4 

Spoiler

Doctor Doom is exactly my thought too jodie4

i think they're planning a non-stop year with shows, all the way through to Loki there's basically just one week in between shows, and there's tons more announced for 2021 so i think we have a packed year set! it's what we deserve after 2021 jodie4