16 minutes ago, Hyun. said:
  Hide contents

Doctor Doom is exactly my thought too jodie4

i think they're planning a non-stop year with shows, all the way through to Loki there's basically just one week in between shows, and there's tons more announced for 2021 so i think we have a packed year set! it's what we deserve after 2021 jodie4

Spoiler

If Quicksilver really is Mephisto or Blackheart or someone like that, I'm looking forward to them getting more into the supernatural end of Marvel jodie4 They're already doing the Doctor Strange sequel and Blade which I'm looking forward to, but one I would really like to see is Werewolf By Night jodie4 

Loki looks hilarious with him being D.B. Cooper. The recent trailer for Falcon & Winter Soldier looked pretty cool too.

1 minute ago, Dennis Reynolds said:
  Hide contents

If Quicksilver really is Mephisto or Blackheart or someone like that, I'm looking forward to them getting more into the supernatural end of Marvel jodie4 They're already doing the Doctor Strange sequel and Blade which I'm looking forward to, but one I would really like to see is Werewolf By Night jodie4 

Loki looks hilarious with him being D.B. Cooper. The recent trailer for Falcon & Winter Soldier looked pretty cool too.

Spoiler

need them to go there omg, especially with DS2 being a horror movie (hopefully) jodie4

i agree! i love that they're using real-life easter eggs, it makes it feel so much more immersive omg. and yeah, the first one kinda gave us nothing but it's looking like a great show now, like a classic MCU movie turned into a 6-hour show, unlike WandaVision, and i'm living jodie4

7 minutes ago, Hyun. said:
  Hide contents

need them to go there omg, especially with DS2 being a horror movie (hopefully) jodie4

i agree! i love that they're using real-life easter eggs, it makes it feel so much more immersive omg. and yeah, the first one kinda gave us nothing but it's looking like a great show now, like a classic MCU movie turned into a 6-hour show, unlike WandaVision, and i'm living jodie4

Spoiler

I think it'll probably be horror overtones more than anything, but I'm looking forward to it under Sam Raimi's direction jodie4 He's directed quite a few horror films, including Evil Dead. A few weeks ago I was talking with my friend about it'd be fun if he put the Deadites (the villains in that series) in the movie as an Easter egg, the precedence being that James Gunn did something similar, putting the alien worms from his movie Slither in the Collector's display in GOTG jodie4 

Spoiler

So this one was more or less Modern Family peppered with Arrested Development. Not a bad episode, but it did seem more it was about getting the characters where they need to be for episode 8 rather than a super entertaining episode that stands on its own well. Will probably seem better once the show is complete.

Agatha All Along was the best theme they've done rip2 

1 hour ago, Dennis Reynolds said:
  Hide contents

So this one was more or less Modern Family peppered with Arrested Development. Not a bad episode, but it did seem more it was about getting the characters where they need to be for episode 8 rather than a super entertaining episode that stands on its own well. Will probably seem better once the show is complete.

Agatha All Along was the best theme they've done rip2 

Spoiler

i can't get Agatha All Along out of my head oh my god rip2

Spoiler

The newest WandaVision episode wasn't good. The jokes weren't funny, the story was rushed, and the Agnes revelation at the end isn't amazing since we all already had suspicions about her. It's exciting to see more magick, but it was more of a "Aha! I knew it!" rather than genuinely provoked the audience. Also, the way Wanda and Monica argued was so short and poorly directed...like, what's with that?

The way Monica did her "superhero landing" was laughable too. They made her have that mesmerizing moment where she entered the Hex forcefully, splitting her in four, but then made her look silly doing a landing? Why? Not to mention they did the original Agatha Harkness dirty, she was NEVER a villain to Wanda. She's like her adoptive mother figure in the comics! Where's Ebony the cat? What's with rabbit Nicholas Scratch?

I should have known better. I knew that they would do something like this again. It's the MCU, after all. But I didn't know that they would go to such nonsense.

10 hours ago, Hyun. said:
  Hide contents

i can't get Agatha All Along out of my head oh my god rip2

Spoiler

After seeing the Nexus commercial and Agatha puppeting him when he first showed up at the door, I'm back to thinking that he really is Peter Maximoff from the X-Men films, just hypnotized jodie4 

48 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:
  Hide contents

After seeing the Nexus commercial and Agatha puppeting him when he first showed up at the door, I'm back to thinking that he really is Peter Maximoff from the X-Men films, just hypnotized jodie4 

Spoiler

i thought it could be Nightmare with the help of Agatha to disguise himself as Pietro? i don't want him to be Peter idk it's my bias for wanting Evan Peters to have a big role in this instead rip2

3 minutes ago, Hyun. said:
  Hide contents

i thought it could be Nightmare with the help of Agatha to disguise himself as Pietro? i don't want him to be Peter idk it's my bias for wanting Evan Peters to have a big role in this instead rip2

Spoiler

I think the commercial hinting at an interdimensional pathway has to mean something. That said, he could be another character simply posing as a version of Maximoff that they're aware of because of the Nexus, but if he is someone else he probably still won't be played by Evan Peters when his true nature is revealed bebe1 They do seem to imply he's just being puppeted though.

If he is just hypnotized, I think they could just keep him as the new Quicksilver once he snaps out of it. They've folded realities into one another before in the comics.

Spoiler

Mte. I have a lot of problems seeing this new Agatha Harkness as a villain to Wanda because it completely erases her agency, lore, and importance from the history of her appearances in Marvel Comics. However, to see many people online calling her "working with Mephisto," "Mephisto's servant," and such IN THE COMICS is just.... horrendous. Clearly those people who make such claims had never read a single page of comic book, but I blame the MCU (Kevin Feige) for allowing this to happen. Wanda never really had a maternal figure who was sturdy enough to help/guide her, except for Agatha. To see modern audience begin to associate the great lady Harkness with Mephisto, Nightmare, or even Chthon is the fault of the writers and ultimately Feige. Maybe they really want to make Wanda suffer in later future, much like what Brian Michael Bendis had done to her within the pages of House of Magnus. I hate it.

Spoiler

So, one of the many leaks provides a "revelation" that this iteration of Agatha Harkness is evil indeed and she's been manipulating Wanda all along. Also, Doctor Strange will take her as his pupil/student at the end of the series. It seems like this leak is more believable than the other ones. Cool, MCU. Keep diminishing and remove every possible maternal forces from the comics just to elevate your super powered male characters. I, too, love Doctor Strange, but Wanda DESERVES to be treated, mentored, and taught by Agatha Harkness. The REAL Agatha.

2 hours ago, An Impossible Princess said:
  Hide contents

So, one of the many leaks provides a "revelation" that this iteration of Agatha Harkness is evil indeed and she's been manipulating Wanda all along. Also, Doctor Strange will take her as his pupil/student at the end of the series. It seems like this leak is more believable than the other ones. Cool, MCU. Keep diminishing and remove every possible maternal forces from the comics just to elevate your super powered male characters. I, too, love Doctor Strange, but Wanda DESERVES to be treated, mentored, and taught by Agatha Harkness. The REAL Agatha.

Spoiler

I will say, despite being a fan of Marvel Comics (indeed the comics - not only the movies), Agatha Harkness is not a character I'm particularly familiar with, so I'm not too upset about the change in her character and I can understand why someone who really loves her would. I think I can usually roll with the changes pretty easily, though not always - I still hate how Beast could turn off his mutation with medication in the X-Men movies from First Class on for example. But I do think with adaptations in general, changes are always going to be made and she isn't the first Marvel character to be depicted as more evil or more heroic than she originally was on film (Ronan the Accuser was substantially more villainous, the Vulture though still the main antagonist in his movie is depicted more sympathetically than he generally was), and I for one love Nebula's heroic turn. Harkness might have just been chosen because she's one of the characters with a strong association with Scarlet Witch and she doesn't necessarily have an iconic nemesis, like how the Ant-Man movie had to merge Darren Cross and one of Hank Pym's secret identities for its villain.

6 hours ago, An Impossible Princess said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

i'd just advise to think of the MCU and the comics as completely different entities, one is based off the other but it really is mostly an adaptation and is bound to change in favor of what's already been happening in it, like Strange taking a big part considering his movie will be quite important in Wanda's arc, and vice versa

Spoiler

I feel like there's a lot of contrived distance between the end of Infinity War and what happened to Vision's body - Cap, Black Widow, whoever were good with that? It's not even like this was the battlefield cleanup and they spirited him away, it would've been Wakandan soil so who even possibly took him? nicki5 

Still liked this episode overall, and it was cool to see Wanda dubbed the Scarlet Witch which I was kinda thinking would finally be the case here. Loved the DVDs, one nerdy note I have is that knowing season 1 is the only season of Malcolm in the Middle to be released in region 1, and none of the others were released in region 2 until like 2012 so I guess the Maximoffs sprung for a region free player bebe1 Also would've preferred if Wanda was watching The Office or Modern Family or something like that at the Avengers compound to show her knowledge of the mockumentary style, but hey, this show already has so much wonderful sitcom minutiae I can't complain.

Again - STAY AFTER THE CREDITS!

Also, was it just me or did anyone else who tried to watch this as soon as possible have an issue getting it to play? Kept getting an error message until like the fourth try, same thing happened with the season 2 finale of The Mandalorian so I kind of suspect it might be because too many people were trying to watch it at once? I dunno if it works like that though dead2 

way too many thoughts to post tonight so i'll drop by again after a good sleep jodie4

1 hour ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Also, was it just me or did anyone else who tried to watch this as soon as possible have an issue getting it to play? Kept getting an error message until like the fourth try, same thing happened with the season 2 finale of The Mandalorian so I kind of suspect it might be because too many people were trying to watch it at once? I dunno if it works like that though dead2 

i've seen many people have this issue, didn't happen to me though jodie4