On 2/25/2021 at 5:03 PM, Hyun. said:
  Hide contents

i'd just advise to think of the MCU and the comics as completely different entities, one is based off the other but it really is mostly an adaptation and is bound to change in favor of what's already been happening in it, like Strange taking a big part considering his movie will be quite important in Wanda's arc, and vice versa

Spoiler

I know, but I remember that there was some discussions about making the MCU timeline as the current comics timeline a.k.a. Earth-616 during the period of Infinity War movie (and I believe it already was a 'thing' they discussed about since the Civil War movie) coming from Kevin Feige himself. That's why I appeared bitter; it just feels unfair, y'know..

Add.

Spoiler

I have developed an imaginary ending for this series. Basically, I imagine that Wanda will first try to fight Agatha to save her children, but her children will be sent either by Agatha or by something else (maybe an accident?) to the vast multiverse. Then, she will try to defend HER Westview along with HER Vision as the White Vision fights both Wanda and Vision. Monica can help the both of them too. At the end, Wanda's losing everybody, and as her heart is breaking, Agatha will come to the realization that Wanda actually needs her help. She realizes that she shouldn't be a villain in Wanda's life. Then, Wanda will see different realities where different versions of her (Wanda Maximoff the character, not necessarily Elizabeth Olsen duplicates though) live joyful lives, and in one reality it's her (Liz Olsen) with Vision and their kids living a completely normal life. It's basically an adaptation of the West Coast Avengers special issue where Wanda accepted her life in the current timeline because she could see different versions of her and Vision + their babies being happy. Then, Agatha will decide to take Wanda under her wings and actually mentor her, fulfilling her more accurate comics role. Finally, at the end of the series, Doctor Strange will come and visit both Wanda and Agatha to tell that he has detected Wanda's twins somewhere in the multiverse.

I really want the Doctor Strange movie to focus on Stange's own lore from the comics WHILE he helps Wanda and also brings along Agatha in his journey.

rav2

21 hours ago, Hyun. said:

way too many thoughts to post tonight so i'll drop by again after a good sleep jodie4

i've seen many people have this issue, didn't happen to me though jodie4

We have at least three, maybe five more Marvel shows to go this year...don't keep me in this suspense jodie4 

Spoiler

I hope the finale is an hour long like many sitcom finales bebe1 

6 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

We have at least three, maybe five more Marvel shows to go this year...don't keep me in this suspense jodie4 

and i'll be here for every single one of them don't you worry about that! true1

6 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Hide contents

I hope the finale is an hour long like many sitcom finales bebe1 

Spoiler

i do too! i thought this was such a good recap/clip show/answers episode that it just sets up the finale so so well, but they need time to pull it off so i want at least a full 60 minutes jodie4

i can't wait until Wanda fully embraces The Scarlet Witch and her chaos magic because it's really cool to see so far jodie4

also Vision vs Vision is gonna be incredible i can feel it jodie4

3 minutes ago, Hyun. said:

and i'll be here for every single one of them don't you worry about that! true1

Hide contents

i do too! i thought this was such a good recap/clip show/answers episode that it just sets up the finale so so well, but they need time to pull it off so i want at least a full 60 minutes jodie4

i can't wait until Wanda fully embraces The Scarlet Witch and her chaos magic because it's really cool to see so far jodie4

also Vision vs Vision is gonna be incredible i can feel it jodie4

Glad to hear it bebe1 It's fun to chat about these each week.

Spoiler

Did you notice Agatha's mother had kind of an energy headdress, that looked sort of like the Scarlet Witch's in the comics and was referenced by the Sokovian fortune teller costume? Wondering what that's about.

Yea, I'm curious to see how that resolves as well. They might just merge and essentially resurrect him, but with there already being an alternate Loki and Gamora out there they probably don't want to permanently undo too many character deaths from Infinity War and Endgame.

Just now, Dennis Reynolds said:

Glad to hear it bebe1 It's fun to chat about these each week.

Hide contents

Did you notice Agatha's mother had kind of an energy headdress, that looked sort of like the Scarlet Witch's in the comics and was referenced by the Sokovian fortune teller costume? Wondering what that's about.

Yea, I'm curious to see how that resolves as well. They might just merge and essentially resurrect him, but with there already being an alternate Loki and Gamora out there they probably don't want to permanently undo too many character deaths from Infinity War and Endgame.

agreed omg, they really make part of the experience true1 unlike The Boys S2 i love that these are specifically written for a weekly release too

Spoiler

i did! i also saw the shape of the Scarlet Witch in the mind stone scene and she also looked quite loyal to the comics, so i'm excited to see Wanda in it. i'd love to see how the Sokovian fortune teller ties into it, or if that was her subconscious witch pushing the look on her? i loved Agatha's costume as well, it's super fitting for her magic style i thought

i'm quite curious to see who he'll be? the possibility of them putting Ultron inside the new body is crazy interesting to me giveup1

1 minute ago, Hyun. said:

agreed omg, they really make part of the experience true1 unlike The Boys S2 i love that these are specifically written for a weekly release too

Hide contents

i did! i also saw the shape of the Scarlet Witch in the mind stone scene and she also looked quite loyal to the comics, so i'm excited to see Wanda in it. i'd love to see how the Sokovian fortune teller ties into it, or if that was her subconscious witch pushing the look on her? i loved Agatha's costume as well, it's super fitting for her magic style i thought

i'm quite curious to see who he'll be? the possibility of them putting Ultron inside the new body is crazy interesting to me giveup1

You're still bitter over that, I see true1 

Spoiler

I'm not familiar first hand but as I understand White Vision is more of an automaton, like with none of the true Vision's personality? They might depict him differently here though. I don't think it would be Ultron, because Hayward seems less outright evil and more just an asshole (albeit a really big one given that he framed Wanda for stealing Vision's body when she never did). 

Also it seems like Pietro is just a golem, basically? Big red herring rip2 

3 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

You're still bitter over that, I see true1 

Hide contents

I'm not familiar first hand but as I understand White Vision is more of an automaton, like with none of the true Vision's personality? They might depict him differently here though. I don't think it would be Ultron, because Hayward seems less outright evil and more just an asshole (albeit a really big one given that he framed Wanda for stealing Vision's body when she never did). 

Also it seems like Pietro is just a golem, basically? Big red herring rip2 

even more than on release because looking back it was a fun season that i didn't enjoy bc of it! true1

Spoiler

yeah that's what i've seen from pieces here and there rip2 i'm mostly excited to see Paul Bettany deliver his best performance bc he's been amazing the entire season, so now a completely different character? he's gonna eat. Hayward is your typical i-want-a-weapon bad guy but actually so shitty rip2

i really hope they didn't waste Evan Peters for just an X-Men reference? i'm hoping he's an actual character that Agatha possessed to get closer to Wanda and not some useless thing we're never seeing again bc i'd be so so mad rip2

15 minutes ago, Hyun. said:

even more than on release because looking back it was a fun season that i didn't enjoy bc of it! true1

Hide contents

yeah that's what i've seen from pieces here and there rip2 i'm mostly excited to see Paul Bettany deliver his best performance bc he's been amazing the entire season, so now a completely different character? he's gonna eat. Hayward is your typical i-want-a-weapon bad guy but actually so shitty rip2

i really hope they didn't waste Evan Peters for just an X-Men reference? i'm hoping he's an actual character that Agatha possessed to get closer to Wanda and not some useless thing we're never seeing again bc i'd be so so mad rip2

Are you looking forward to season 3? Interested to see what Soldier Boy will be like in the TV series true1 

Spoiler

Here's some trivia - Vision was originally supposed to be white in the comics but he would've basically been invisible with late 60s printing so they landed on the Christmassy color scheme we know and love jodie4 Yea he's been really great, and as for Wanda, I'm sure it'll be quite devastating to her to see what's left of the real Vision reduced to Hayward's weapon.

I'm kinda thinking they did rip2 I'd like him to stick around as the new Quicksilver with his real personality, but with Agatha's dialogue it definitely seems like he's just a puppet she made rip2 

26 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Are you looking forward to season 3? Interested to see what Soldier Boy will be like in the TV series true1 

Hide contents

Here's some trivia - Vision was originally supposed to be white in the comics but he would've basically been invisible with late 60s printing so they landed on the Christmassy color scheme we know and love jodie4 Yea he's been really great, and as for Wanda, I'm sure it'll be quite devastating to her to see what's left of the real Vision reduced to Hayward's weapon.

I'm kinda thinking they did rip2 I'd like him to stick around as the new Quicksilver with his real personality, but with Agatha's dialogue it definitely seems like he's just a puppet she made rip2 

ofc i am! i still love the show even tho i love dragging it true1

Spoiler

i've just heard a bit of a theory that implies White Vision is the body, while Red Vision is the soul (created by Wanda) and at some point they could get merged into a new Vision to keep him in the MCU, which i think would be fantastic laura1

please i completely refuse rip2 Evan is just such an incredible actor, especially in evil roles, that it's such a waste rip2

3 minutes ago, Hyun. said:

ofc i am! i still love the show even tho i love dragging it true1

Hide contents

i've just heard a bit of a theory that implies White Vision is the body, while Red Vision is the soul (created by Wanda) and at some point they could get merged into a new Vision to keep him in the MCU, which i think would be fantastic laura1

please i completely refuse rip2 Evan is just such an incredible actor, especially in evil roles, that it's such a waste rip2

Spoiler

Yea I said the same thing, but they might not want to reverse the deaths of too many character given Loki and Gamora are already back (albeit as versions of themselves that are years behind). I personally would like to see more of him. I don't think it means a ton but if I recall correctly Far From Home regards him as dead, and that takes place after WandaVision.

I like him as well, he did a good job in this balancing his likable and evil tendencies rip2 Outside of X-Men I've just seen him as the friend in Kick-Ass, one episode of The Office and three seasons of American Horror Story (1, 2 and 4).

@Hyun. my schedule changed a bit this week but I'm going to bed earlier and getting up early in the morning specifically to watch the finale jodie4 I also decided it would be more fun to be familiar with the source materials for all the shows they're doing, so I got some comics for Ms. Marvel, Moon Knight (a honking thousand page omnibus) and Armor Wars, might look into Secret Invasion afterwards but that seems plenty for now jodie4 

1 minute ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

@Hyun. my schedule changed a bit this week but I'm going to bed and getting up early specifically to watch the finale jodie4 I also decided it would be more fun to be familiar with the source materials for all the shows they're doing, so I got some comics for Ms. Marvel, Moon Knight (a honking thousand page omnibus) and Armor Wars, might look into Secret Invasion afterwards but that seems plenty for now jodie4 

ahh i'm vibrating with excitement for tonight jodie4 i'm always up at 4am so i don't have to sleep dd, that sounds so cool tho! i'm so interested in the upcoming shows

4 minutes ago, Hyun. said:

ahh i'm vibrating with excitement for tonight jodie4 i'm always up at 4am so i don't have to sleep dd, that sounds so cool tho! i'm so interested in the upcoming shows

I'm usually like 10 a.m. to 3 a.m., but this week I've had to get up at six in the morning so I plan to be up a couple hours beforehand to watch jodie4 I think it may be an hour long, so no chance of missing it jodie4 I was interested in reading them anyway (particularly Moon Knight) but if there's any more Agatha Harkness-type reveals, I want to be able to fully appreciate them jodie4 

Spoiler

Good finale overall, but I think compared to the rest of the series, it does come off as leaving behind a lot of what made the series unique and compelling for a fairly typical big fight superhero film climax. Her having the guile to use the ruins was a good payoff, I'll give them that. And Pietro turns out to be a complete red herring, just some random dude whose casting was essentially a gag. Not terribly satisfying there.

Interested to see where they go with this in Doctor Strange 2 - given how this series ended with Wanda somewhat moving on (albeit expecting to see Vision again) and having had remorse for her actions in Westview, it would seem a step back for her to be the villain in it, not sure if that's where they're going with her reading the Darkhold or not. And it seems contrary to the end of Far From Home, Nick Fury is not in space for a simple vacation.

Stay after the credits, two scenes this time.

Spoiler

I like it. I think it was well-connected to the entirety of the series' purpose which is to re-introduce Wanda Maximoff as the Scarlet Witch into the MCU. She is a hero, an Avenger. She's not a villain, at least not to us. It provided a satisfying arc to her story. It's a tragic life that she's living but she hasn't succumbed too deep into the darkness. Hopefully she will never.

I will say this though, the part where she first encountered Spectral/White Vision and then she got saved by her Vision was not really well acted. Or maybe it was the angle of the cameras, maybe the editing, or something. Something wasn't really clicking to me. The child actors weren't that good either but alright, you can't do much with kid actors anyway.

In conclusion, I hope that her hair is dark/black in the Doctor Strange 2 movie. That orange wig HAS to go. I hate it. The curls can stay, though.

Also this:

Spoiler

I think Feige just wanted to erase any connections to Marvel television series pre-Disney+ because Morgan le Fey also appeared in that show.

I...hope that they will be able to make the Doctor Strange sequel movie more about Doctor Strange and his own lore. I also would rather see a Scarlet Witch movie than to have a second season of Wanda's series.

Spoiler

now that it's been a few days lemme sum up my thoughts... i felt like the finale was a good 8/10 while i was expecting a 11/10, definitely felt underwhelming on first watch, but once i knew what to expect and rewatched it, it felt so much better. in the end this show was just a fantastic origin story for the Scarlet Witch and they did a good job with that. the first half was incredible, every action scene was amazing as per usual, the second half what was lost me a little bit

i also can say i have two major complaints about the show and finale: first, the way they handled Evan Peters felt like a massive, serious, mistake to me, i don't think we expected him to be come the next Thanos but to reduce his character to a literal boner joke? i was pissed off and felt like it was such a waste of a character and actor rip4 my other complaint is the showcasing of Hayward, with the scene of him shooting Wanda's kids with absolutely no thought felt very "remember that this is a BAD character so he's gonna shoot children so you hate him!", especially when Wanda and Agatha are two characters very much in the grey zone of good/bad, he just felt completely bad for no reason to me