Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

jrdn

Comebacks no one asked for...

5 hours ago, Madonna said:

All sort of features, a newly shot music video, commercials, massive promo on all of social media, album re-release... dead2 

For the same reason Ariana’s Santa Baby isn’t considered a Christmas classic YET. It will grow much bigger as time passes.

There is enough proof Mariah was pushed by her ex-husband who was once the most powerful industry man in the US. He was the CEO of Sony. For some odd reason, Mariah has never managed to be as successful WW as she was in the US. Her #1s are mostly forgotten nowadays. Why? Because back then, a song’s success was primarily determined by airplay. Mariah received a SHIT TON of airplay because Tommy paid radio stations all across the country to play her shit.

Have you ever wondered why Madonna’s and MJ’s singles as well as their compilation albums were more successful and have sold more copies in spite of not including #1 hits only? The reason is literally what I just explained. Moo fans HATE to hear it but that’s how it is.

You can push an artist as hard as you want but if there isn't a demand for them, they're not gonna be successful in the long term. I have NEVER heard of an artist being the best selling artist of a decade and staying near consistently successful entirely because of payola. Every damn artist during the era had some form of payola to secure those stats and keep their names out there. I really don't understand why Mariah is so constantly on your mind for you to drag her when she's such a "local nobody".

Like her or not, she's influential as hell and made her mark with her career and no amount of bitching on a stan forum is going to change that!

Anyways, I do not understand why certain members of this forum seem to get off by putting down successful female artists. And not just successful, but literal legends like Mariah, Madonna, etc. If you don't like a particular artist, fine. But don't sit here and pretend you don't wish your fave had that same level of success, acclaim, and longevity... Your personal tastes are subjective. Chart numbers, sales, tour receipts, etc, are not. When it comes to show business, I always have mad respect for the elders and veterans who broke ground first. Even if I don't like their music or work. I know this is BGs but damn, y'all really do be letting successful female pop stars live rent free in your headsbrit15

3 hours ago, Miss Show Business said:

Anyways, I do not understand why certain members of this forum seem to get off by putting down successful female artists. And not just successful, but literal legends like Mariah, Madonna, etc. If you don't like a particular artist, fine. But don't sit here and pretend you don't wish your fave had that same level of success, acclaim, and longevity... Your personal tastes are subjective. Chart numbers, sales, tour receipts, etc, are not. When it comes to show business, I always have mad respect for the elders and veterans who broke ground first. Even if I don't like their music or work. I know this is BGs but damn, y'all really do be letting successful female pop stars live rent free in your headsbrit15

For real like, there's some legends that aren't my taste but I'm not gonna go downplay their whole careers like that rip4

10 hours ago, Ruthless Love said:

The Brave project came out at the wrong time. Epic and Benny Medina did her dirty.

Even if it came out at the right time, the album is still a whole lot of mess. The songs are generally weak. I also think that she should have made a full-blown disco album, then in 2020 people would be wetting themselves all over saying how J.Lo was ahead of the time with it. bey10

15 hours ago, Billie Frank said:

The only reason Never Worn White isn't Katys worst single is because this awful rancid audio earrape exists...

The way I forgot about this song brit15

And please NWW is miles ahead of Small Talk and Smile 

On 11/17/2020 at 7:45 PM, SeekingThrill said:

orly1

Good song, maybe not everyone's cup of tea.

Brilliant music video and its fashion moments.  oprah15 

After HC, MDNA and RH, this was a serve. lj1 

Me when I’m lying

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.