Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

SeekingThrill

What Madonna album are you currently obsessed with?

I have to say it is True Blue. What an album. true1 

Papa Don't Preach is an awesome opener, but I think OYH could have been great too. lj1  PDP is one of the coolest and most important moments in pop culture. The video, the lyrics, that voice, those fucking emotions, that melody, simply timeless. It was like a blockbuster meets art. 

White Heat is that song.

Live To Tell... I used to skip it at some points because I have gotten fed up, but what a moment! Those lyrics.  oprah15 One of her best works.

Where's The Party, True Blue, La Isla Bonita... She served. lj1 

JJ and LMTWGR are cute-ish. Fillers, but they don't  make album bad in any way, because other songs are superb. 

The album definitely needed another ballad. lj1 At least she did that on WTG soundtrack, whose songs are a continuation of True Blue sound and quality.

Nice True Blue review! I honestly haven’t listened to it properly in years. I blame Spotify for only having the reissue with that bad remix of PDP. orangu1 

I haven’t listened to Madonna in a while but lately I’ve been obsessed with some songs from COADF. Not her best lyrics album but the hooks are one of her best and the production is still as fresh as it was in 2005. That Stuart Price remix on Club Future Nostalgia made me realized how impactful this album has been in Pop.

I really wish she delivered an Electropop or Neo Disco album again.  

11 minutes ago, SeekingThrill said:

PDP is one of the coolest and most important moments in pop culture. The video, the lyrics, that voice, those fucking emotions, that melody, simply timeless. It was like a blockbuster meets art. 

Yesss cry6 Also a testament to how raw and powerful a pop song can be! It's technically an uptempo, but you have the nonconventional lyrics and M's vocal performance. Not many pop songs these days have an emotive performance like that. 

26 minutes ago, SeekingThrill said:

I have to say it is True Blue. What an album. true1 

True Bible is her best 80's album along with Like A Prayer.

OT: Confessions, Music, Hard Candy, Ray Of Light and Bedtime Stories. i like True Bible, Like A Prayer and  Erotica too

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.