Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

V For Vendetta

Mariah Carey To Discuss Her Memoir With Naomi Campbell In Upcoming Interview

Just now, Ghostface said:

ny6

Sponge Bob was, first and foremost, symbolism for how festive and positive I am. hottie1

99 percent of people I have met in my life. ny4

This situation took a toll on this body firmness, but we are there. burn1ny5

You could have used a real human picture um2

You forgot 0. in front of 99. ny4

7 minutes ago, Cha Eunwoo said:

I forgot, in Europe they use ",".... dead2

ny6

Yeah, I had that kind of twitch while using "." in English classes. Getting myself confused, but "," does seem more logical to me, since "." is like the end. ny4

1 minute ago, Ghostface said:

ny6

Yeah, I had that kind of twitch while using "." in English classes. Getting myself confused, but "," does seem more logical to me, since "." is like the end. ny4

skai.jpg Let's not...

have a mathematical debate in a Moo section. However, I will say that "," is incredibly WEIRD. skai.jpg And it is the end, the end for the zero. European mathematicians are weird. skai.jpg

It's like American using feet, hands and whatever else. Or fahrenheit, when Celsius exists. skai.jpg

Just now, Cha Eunwoo said:

skai.jpg Let's not...

have a mathematical debate in a Moo section.

ny6 I promise there is no need for trauma flashbacks, because that's not going to turn out to be the subject. At least not fully. ny4

1 minute ago, Cha Eunwoo said:

However, I will say that "," is incredibly WEIRD. skai.jpg And it is the end, the end for the zero. European mathematicians are weird. skai.jpg

It's like American using feet, hands and whatever else. Or fahrenheit, when Celsius exists. skai.jpg

I guess we both are speaking from what we have been accustomed to by our own environment, so that makes this equally important to me, but when I see 5.000.000 and when I see 5,000,000 - I tend to think about 5 millions for the latter rather than the former. ny4

That being said, I tend to use space between numbers to emphasize hundreds, thousands, etc. ( 5 000 000 ). jj5

I agree about the temperature scale, so Farenheit seems like another human complication indeed, but oh well, I guess "," and "°C" are the winners here. ny4

Just now, Ghostface said:

ny6 I promise there is no need for trauma flashbacks, because that's not going to turn out to be the subject. At least not fully. ny4

I guess we both are speaking from what we have been accustomed to by our own environment, so that makes this equally important to me, but when I see 5.000.000 and when I see 5,000,000 - I tend to think about 5 millions for the latter rather than the former. ny4

That being said, I tend to use space between numbers to emphasize hundreds, thousands, etc. ( 5 000 000 ). jj5

I agree about the temperature scale, so Farenheit seems like another human complication indeed, but oh well, I guess "," and "°C" are the winners here. ny4

Honestly, when I see, "$1,999" I thought it's $1999... Europeans are weird and are wrong. skai.jpg 

".", "metres", "litres" and "°C" are truly the winner. We have no room for unconventional things. Commas are used in sentences, not in mathematics. skai.jpg

1 minute ago, Cha Eunwoo said:

Honestly, when I see, "$1,999" I thought it's $1999... Europeans are weird and are wrong. skai.jpg 

".", "metres", "litres" and "°C" are truly the winner. We have no room for unconventional things. Commas are used in sentences, not in mathematics. skai.jpg

ny6

They were wrong when they had sailed all way through to the continet of Australia. ny4

But with Northern Europe/Scandinavia and Canada, I have always had nice spot for Australia and New Zealand. jj5

Metres, litres I also agree. I tend not to get involved with inches and other later added measurements. In fact, these are the original and confirmed winners:

system_international.gif

Commas are vastly universal/ubiquitous, so that's why there are also present in math/science apparently. ny5

2 minutes ago, V For Vendetta said:

What the hell has this thread turned into? lol3 

I made your thread a hit thread, you should thank me... ari9

2 minutes ago, Ghostface said:

ny6

They were wrong when they had sailed all way through to the continet of Australia. ny4

But with Northern Europe/Scandinavia and Canada, I have always had nice spot for Australia and New Zealand. jj5

Metres, litres I also agree. I tend not to get involved with inches and other later added measurements. In fact, these are the original and confirmed winners:

system_international.gif

Commas are vastly universal/ubiquitous, so that's why there are also present in math/science apparently. ny5

Indeed they were, read up on the impacts of colonialism sis lj1

I've never seen commas in maths or science. But "." is commonly used in sciences, such as "Hz.", don't tell me you write it as "Hz," too. dead2

ari9

1 minute ago, Ghostface said:

ny4

@Cha Eunwoo is preparing for December exams as part of the semester finals. bey7

I'm sorry, hun, but I'm out of school since a long time ago, and not going back. moo9

Just now, Cha Eunwoo said:

Indeed they were, read up on the impacts of colonialism sis lj1

I've never seen commas in maths or science. But "." is commonly used in sciences, such as "Hz.", don't tell me you write it as "Hz," too. dead2

Well, I was talking about colonialism indeed. ny5

But today we have Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Adelaide, Canberra and other city beauties, so there is that. jj5

Yes, we do use Hz only or m only. All symbol units are free of interpunction signs. Don't tell me you use m.? ny4

4 minutes ago, Cha Eunwoo said:

I'm sorry, hun, but I'm out of school since a long time ago, and not going back. moo9

Not what your professors have told me. ny6

4 minutes ago, V For Vendetta said:

tenor.gif?itemid=3844332

I don't think @Cha Eunwoo will prepare better even if he gets more time for the exams. ny4

2 minutes ago, Ghostface said:

Well, I was talking about colonialism indeed. ny5

But today we have Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Adelaide, Canberra and other city beauties, so there is that. jj5

Yes, we do use Hz only or m only. All symbol units are free of interpunction signs. Don't tell me you use m.? ny4

Not what your professors have told me. ny6

I don't think @Cha Eunwoo will prepare better even if he gets more time for the exams. ny4

I'll pretend I didn't read the first two sentences. skai.jpg

Or the third. skai.jpg

Or the fourth. skai.jpg

Time to move our discussion to the Taylor section: 

ny4

6 minutes ago, Cha Eunwoo said:

I'll pretend I didn't read the first two sentences. skai.jpg

Or the third. skai.jpg

Or the fourth. skai.jpg

Time to move our discussion to the Taylor section: 

ny4

ny2

ny4

ny6

ny5

The order of your replies had to be respected and properlly answered to. jj2

oprah15 Yeah, I have just seen it on Youtube. Time to leave English Aya Nakamura with Butterfly alone for a moment or two. jj5

1 hour ago, Royale said:

Can't wait for mine to be over, section spamming will then reach a new peak! bey7  

Yeah, can't wait for the period after the December the 20th. bey7

8 minutes ago, Cha Eunwoo said:

I'm doing God's work, @Ghostface is doing the devil's. bey11 

Also yes, Queen @Royale, thanks for the shower of upvotes.

tenor.gif?itemid=17208608

ny6

You got confused and switched us, but that happens when you are manipulating things. ny4

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.