Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

fab

The Weeknd has received zero (0) nominations at the Grammys.

5 minutes ago, Jake said:

Literally the biggest album of the year behind folklore (if not bigger) I think??? the hell

honestly it's even more surprising  to me that Blinding Lights got nothing brit4

3 minutes ago, Jake said:

Literally the biggest album of the year behind folklore (if not bigger) I think??? the hell

Im just laughing how they went from nominating popular trash last year to nominating the most random things this year. It's obvious their exec board doesn't know what they're doing. The Weeknd would've swept, but maybe they're getting tired of that given that it's happened so many years where an artist will win 2 of the big 3/4.

Nominating HER for the 18th time. It really is a scam ajay1

Noah Cyrus for BNA ajay1

Taylor is going to win yet again unless they literally veto the votes. Are they really ready for the backlash?

2 minutes ago, Infrared said:

Im just laughing how they went from nominating popular trash last year to nominating the most random things this year. It's obvious their exec board doesn't know what they're doing. The Weeknd would've swept, but maybe they're getting tired of that given that it's happened so many years where an artist will win 2 of the big 3/4.

Nominating HER for the 18th time. It really is a scam ajay1

Noah Cyrus for BNA ajay1

Taylor is going to win yet again unless they literally veto the votes. Are they really ready for the backlash?

I agree that major sweeps of the big 3/4 are boring and that they've been happening way too much, but BL getting literally nothing is honestly one of the biggest snubs of all time. Like what did Beyoncé even do this year to garner *9* nominations aside dead2 Coldplay? Who even knew they released something. It's clear they just threw anything at a wall and hoped it stuck to seem progressive after the backlash they got last year.

16 minutes ago, Simón. said:

What? Grammys really lost its credibility since they snubbed anti. 

Long before then... Lets not forget what happened with Daydream too.

22 minutes ago, Infrared said:

I mean they even nominated Coldplay. Did anyone even vote this year....

Coldplay had new music out? I don't think voting would matter that much for the Scammys... 

20 minutes ago, Jake said:

Not a huge Taylor fan but Folklore deserves AOTY in my opinion. 

4 minutes ago, Billie Frank said:

Not a huge Taylor fan but Folklore deserves AOTY in my opinion. 

It's not a bad choice for AOTY at all and I think it's quite deserved as a nomination. But the fact that on an impact and sales level that they're about equal, if not Abel edging out just a bit more, shows that he should've gotten the same amount of noms as folklore did or even more.

1 minute ago, Jake said:

It's not a bad choice for AOTY at all and I think it's quite deserved as a nomination, but the fact that on an impact and sales level that they're about equal, if not Abel edging out just a bit more, shows that he should've gotten the same amount of noms as folklore did or even more.

The Grammy's seem to always ignore sales, which is pretty flawed as surely impact/relevancy is still a huge factor when deciding the song/album of the year.

It's pretty clear and has been for years that the Grammy's are highly political with external forces/influences often leading to who wins what... 

It's upsetting even more that he didn't get any when he literally worked his ass off for this era. Videos connected through storylines, some of the best performances from male artists in a while. I feel like he really wanted some recognition.

Justin Bieber's low effort  shit getting nominated over this jj4 

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.