Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Exhale

Does Selena and BLACKPINK actually deserve a Grammy or are their fandoms beating a dead horse?

Title oprah8

Selenators and BLINKS are fuming over their faves being snubbed but objectively speaking, do they really deserve a Grammy for the work they put out? I'd argue Lose You To Love Me was a good contender for SOTY but is Rare, How You Like That or Ice Cream grammy worthy (I'm assuming THE ALBUM didn't make the eligibility period but idk)? 

The standards have clearly deteriorated so much so that even Yummy got noms so ig anything is possible...

Lose You To Love Me deserved Best Pop Solo Performance and BLACKPINK deserved Best New Artist. 

That's really about it. These are reasonable expectations. No one was expecting Rare to get nominated for AOTY or Ice Cream to get nominated for SOTY/ROTY. Anyone expecting any more are just stans being overly optimistic. 

Selena fans are beating a dead horse. LYTLM is better than Yummy, but it's not as good as other songs that were snubbed (Blinding Lights, Midnight Sky).

However, BLACKPINK deserved a nomination for Sour Candy.

12 hours ago, Demi Lovallah said:

The Grammys don't nominate nonsingles 

Nope, they have nominated plenty of nonsingles like Lana’s NFR for Song of the Year. They even nominated an Xtinct album track last year too.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.