Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Snow

Lorde teases third album

gettyimages-910825746-568b6685-1a5b-4fe8-947e-7fbb87a7dd01.jpg?width=800

Lorde has teased fans with more information about her new album while announcing her new book. The “Green Light” singer explained that she is releasing a book titled Going South inspired by her 2019 trip to Antarctica, describing the book as a “perfect precursor” to her highly anticipated third album.

“When I went to Antarctica, I hadn’t yet started writing again after finishing [second album] Melodrama,” she wrote. “I realised after the trip that what my brain had been craving was a visit to an alternate realm. In the plane coming down to land, I had this very intense bolt-of-lightning thought, which in all its eloquence was literally ‘DON’T MAKE S*** RECORDS’.”

“I’m particularly grateful for [a trip] which showed me the beginnings of the new world which I continue to build, and am very excited to start showing you soon," she continued. "The book is a sort of perfect precursor to this album in an abstract way, and it's a cool little piece of the Lorde cinematic universe for you to own it you'd like to."

Lorde started recording the untitled new album in December with writer Jack Antonoff, writing in May: “The work is so f***ing good, my friend. I am truly jazzed for you to hear it.”

x

2 minutes ago, Ghostface said:

So, snow/ice/winter/Antarctica inspired album? Sound like ice-cutting project ( in a good way ). jj2

I'm expecting something moody and dark. So a bit of a return to Pure Heroine. jj2

1 hour ago, Ghostface said:

We are leaving Melodrama's dynamite party and getting on our own again it seems. Which is not bad at all. default_jj2.png

Well, I think she did get her heart broken once or twice since Melodrama dropped. Maybe we are getting fed after all. jj2 

2 hours ago, Snow said:

Well, I think she did get her heart broken once or twice since Melodrama dropped. Maybe we are getting fed after all. jj2 

I was thinking about to ask when did she get time to be heartbroken twice, but more than 3 years seems like reasonable amount of time for normal poeple. jj2

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.