Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

SeekingThrill

Any Project Runway fans?

On 11/26/2020 at 3:18 PM, SeekingThrill said:

Seasons 17 and 18 are so bad. jj3 

I can't agree.
Returning to Bravo has been real good for the series in my eyes.
Is it different? Yes. Was it a change the series required? Yes.

Let's face it: Lifetime stopped caring about the series, and Heidi Klum looked over it the last few, too.

On 11/28/2020 at 12:47 AM, Ruthless Love said:

I can't agree.
Returning to Bravo has been real good for the series in my eyes.
Is it different? Yes. Was it a change the series required? Yes.

Let's face it: Lifetime stopped caring about the series, and Heidi Klum looked over it the last few, too.

OK, I finished them, so I guess I was a little bit harsh, but... they don't hold a candle to previous seasons. eve1 

What I liked  was the budget. You can tell the producers spent money on episodes with  avant-garde theme.

Tim and Heidi not being  a part of the show is weird, but that isn't the main issue.

What I disliked the most is the place where designers work and the runway. Too gloomy.  Those changes weren't really necessary, especially for the working room.  

The vibe of the new show is totally different.

I loved that Diane von Furstenberg was a guest judge in finale of season 17. I cackled when Diane disagreed with other judges about one outfit, and suddenly they were kind of agreeing with her.  sia2 BTW I only like that guy as a judge.

I cringed when Lucky Blue Smith appeared as a guest judge in season 15. He had no clue about fashion and repeated the same sentences. 

13 minutes ago, SeekingThrill said:

OK, I finished them, so I guess I was a little bit harsh, but... they don't hold a candle to previous seasons. eve1 

The original seasons will always hold up, like any kind of reality competition, but, those final years at Lifetime were tough.

14 minutes ago, SeekingThrill said:

What I liked  was the budget. You can tell the producers spent money on episodes with  avant-garde theme.

EXACTLY! Bravo and the new production team are investing money into the series, which is something Lifetime lacked in doing.

14 minutes ago, SeekingThrill said:

Tim and Heidi not being  a part of the show is weird, but that isn't the main issue.

I miss Tim Gunn a bit more than I miss Heidi Klum. As I previously stated, Klum looked over it in the final years, and, given her new project with Gunn, you see a spark again.

15 minutes ago, SeekingThrill said:

What I disliked the most is the place where designers work and the runway. Too gloomy.  Those changes weren't really necessary, especially for the working room.  

The work room during the seventeenth season felt dark and depressing.
The revamped work room for the eighteenth season was quite nice, and, very expensive-looking.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.