Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Shawn's Slave

Plastic Hags flopped harder than Smile, why? [Update: the real reason why it flopped]

Plastic Hags flopped harder than Smile, why?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Plastic Hags flopped harder than Smile, why?

• GP has no tastes
    • Miley's fans are not here for her faux-rock sound
    • The terrible mullet
    • the album is more horrible than Smile
    • Saturn and Jupiter aligning
    • Moo's jingle outsold
    • Heaven & Hell outsold

We all thought ex-main pop gurl, Katy Perry's album, Smell was the worst album of the year, and sales of 50k (30k pure) and the negative reviews left and right reflected that.

Then came along another ex-main pop gurl's album, Plastic Hearts, which sold fewer than 50k copies (23k pure)... why?

Why did Plastic Hags flop harder than Smell? Is it because the GP has no tastes, Miley's fans are not here for her faux-rock sound, the terrible mullet, the album is more horrible than Smile, Saturn and Jupiter aligning?

What is the reason?

UPDATE: It flopped because the physical albums were not stocked at retailers brit15

EoCVYIjUUAAyZ6v?format=jpg&name=large

2 hours ago, Cha Eunwoo said:

Yes, this certified her status as a main it girl... it was everywhere:

Reveal hidden contents

She was never a main pop girl though. Really to be a main pop girl you need to have more than one very big era. That said the album is getting great reviews, unlike Senile. 

I genuinely think that a lot of people just haven't been willing to look beyond Bangerz era Miley and refuse to acknowledge the fact that she has grown up, she has worked to be more than gimmicks, and that she has demonstrated more versatility and a willingness to try new things than many of her peers. She's still just as outspoken as she was but the Miley of now isn't the same Miley of then and I really don't know if the general public is ever going to "forgive her" (not that she did anything that needs to be forgiven) for her wild era, even when she's releasing one of the best albums of the year. 

11 minutes ago, Mr. Mendes said:

I genuinely think that a lot of people just haven't been willing to look beyond Bangerz era Miley and refuse to acknowledge the fact that she has grown up, she has worked to be more than gimmicks, and that she has demonstrated more versatility and a willingness to try new things than many of her peers. She's still just as outspoken as she was but the Miley of now isn't the same Miley of then and I really don't know if the general public is ever going to "forgive her" (not that she did anything that needs to be forgiven) for her wild era, even when she's releasing one of the best albums of the year. 

I defintely agree about the versatility part, Midnight Sky was really an example of her musical evolution. 

It's sad that a lot of fans only want the same sounds from their faves.

43 minutes ago, Jjang said:

Isn't it doing better WW tho? She doesn't have a current hit in the US + the BB bundles rule change really impacted sales. 

Midnight Sky has been a really big and stable hit in the UK, Prisoner looks to be doing well too. 

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

This album is golden, I think it will be a slow burn. Glad to see the main reason for the floppage is logistics in distribution rather than lack of interest. 

yeah, covid is causing huge issues in supply chain.

1 minute ago, Princess Aurora said:

True but Let's be honest. Musicwise, Plastic Hags is Musically better than Smelly true1 Katy Perry could have done better. She's got a few tracks that are good in Smile but Miley really stepped up her game with this one clap3 

I only like Midnight sky and Prisoner from Plastic Hags though dead2

4 minutes ago, Kai said:

I only like Midnight sky and Prisoner from Plastic Hags though dead2

I loved most of the tracks though. Never Be Me, Angels Like You, Plastic Hearts, Prisoner, Midnight Sky and Night Crawl. I was really impressed by this album and it's honestly her best rih1 While on Katy's Album. I loved Cry About It Later, Never Really Over, Daisies, Harleys In Hawaii, Champagne Problems, Tucked, The ''outdated'' remix of Resilient. 

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.