Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Shawn's Slave

Plastic Hags flopped harder than Smile, why? [Update: the real reason why it flopped]

Plastic Hags flopped harder than Smile, why?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Plastic Hags flopped harder than Smile, why?

• GP has no tastes
    • Miley's fans are not here for her faux-rock sound
    • The terrible mullet
    • the album is more horrible than Smile
    • Saturn and Jupiter aligning
    • Moo's jingle outsold
    • Heaven & Hell outsold

4 hours ago, Popboi said:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/chart-beat/9495004/bad-bunny-el-ultimo-tour-del-mundo-billboard-200-number-one

So Miley outcharted and outsold in US, UK (Miley did double of Katy's numbers), all across Europe and charted one spot lower but selling more than Katy in Australia... this with the xmas market causing competition

ajay1

In the UK Midnight Sky has been a bigger hit than pretty much every Katy single released in the last (almost) 7 years.... It's had a very consistent chart run spending 16 weeks in the top#20 and re-peaked this week at #5. If it wasn't for Christmas songs it would be #2 next week. 

MIDNIGHT SKY HAS ACTUALLY SPENT MORE WEEKS IN  THE UK TOP #10 THAN ANY KATY PERRY SINGLE. ajay1

@Katy Petty thoughts? ny1

13 hours ago, Billie Frank said:

In the UK Midnight Sky has been a bigger hit than pretty much every Katy single released in the last (almost) 7 years.... It's had a very consistent chart run spending 16 weeks in the top#20 and re-peaked this week at #5. If it wasn't for Christmas songs it would be #2 next week. 

MIDNIGHT SKY HAS ACTUALLY SPENT MORE WEEKS IN  THE UK TOP #10 THAN ANY KATY PERRY SINGLE. ajay1

@Katy Petty thoughts? ny1

Good for Miley but please she is NOTHING compared to Katy. I haven’t even heard Midnight Shit. eve1

6 minutes ago, Katy Petty said:

Good for Miley but please she is NOTHING compared to Katy. I haven’t even heard Midnight Shit. eve1

Indeed Katy is flopping everywhere while Miley is solidifying her legacy with a hit that serves longevity on the charts. 

On 12/2/2020 at 8:57 AM, Princess Aurora said:

true1 Katy Perry could have done better. She's got a few tracks that are good in Smile but Miley really stepped up her game with this one clap3 

that part. when i was reviewing the album it felt more of a 2018-2020 discography playlist to me than a cohesive album. also the whole circus theme only makes sense in Not the end of the world, literally @ the second verse and we never get clown imagery again 

You can take a frown, turn it all the way around

All the way around, all the, all the way around

A fortune teller told me, “The power’s in your mind”
14 minutes ago, Billie Frank said:

No one cares about the 3rd biggest music market in the world? Yeh sure. gaga3

what are the other two? [im sure US is 1 lol]

1 minute ago, Katy Petty said:

If it’s not number one then who cares brit9

Keep clinging to anything to make seem Miley like less of a flop I guess brit9

Only flop is Katy, she could barely chart in any of the top music markets. 

27 minutes ago, TRENCH said:

that part. when i was reviewing the album it felt more of a 2018-2020 discography playlist to me than a cohesive album. also the whole circus theme only makes sense in Not the end of the world, literally @ the second verse and we never get clown imagery again 

I agree. The clown aesthetic wasn't a good choice true1 

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.