Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Entea

Dua Lipa's 'Studio 2054' breaks global livestream record

dua-lipa-credit-Hugo-Comte-2020-billbaord-1548-1606771934-compressed.jpg

Dua Lipa introduced her fans to the world of "Studio 2054" on Friday (Nov. 27), and the glittery livestream event broke global records.

The virtual show garnered five million not-yet-final views, including over 1.9 million unique log-ins from China, 95,000 from India and 263,264 tickets sold across the regular ticketing platforms. Due to high demand, the live stream will continue to be available until Sunday December 6 at 11:59 p.m. on www.live-now.com, with tickets priced at $10.

“I am exceptionally proud of Dua and the huge team behind this incredible performance," Ben Mawson from TaP music management said in a press statement. "It was really important to Dua to create something that went beyond the bounds of an ordinary live show or stream and she more than achieved this with ‘Studio 2054.’ Audience wise, it was always going to be hard to make solid predictions as live streaming is such a new and evolving market, which makes it so exciting that she has achieved such astonishingly high viewing figures. We are estimating over 5 million viewers based on more than one person watching each stream, but the real number may be closer to 8 or 9 million. I expect a lot of families watched together. It was a massive undertaking but I am so proud that once again Dua has shown herself to be the one of the biggest pop stars in the world.”

The star-studded event featured sparkling costumes and guest appearances by Elton John, Kylie Minogue, Angele, Bad Bunny, FKA Twigs, J Balvin, Tainy and her "Prisoner" collaborator, Miley Cyrus.

"I am BEYOND excited to let you know that Studio 2054 had over 5 MILLION viewers globally on Friday night !!! - thank you so much to everyone for tuning in!!" Lipa tweeted alongside a number of stills from the show. See below.

x

Was an incredible show not gonna lie! I preferred Kylie's but Dua definitely put on quite the production and despite her not being gifted vocally (or rhythmically) she had her moments and exuded star power. 

Now if Kylie and Dua can make the time to put on amazing shows, imagine what Gaga could do (if she put in the effort).

Dua is proving the blueprint of the pop star still works. Ypu just need to actually work, play the long game AND deliver quality pop music.
I can see her having a long career, she's driven, determined and ambitious.  Instead of sitting cross armed during the pandemic she went out of her way to promote her era and give something to the audience and it's paying off. The numbers don't lie.

If you had told me in 2017 that the Be The One singer would be this big in 3 years I wouldve called you delusional but she really made me eat my own words and it's been a joy to watch her grow and become a pop icon in the making. Can't wait til she takes this album on the road, I think she's gonna give us a show that will put all her competition to shame.

On 12/1/2020 at 10:43 AM, Teenage Wet Dream said:

Dua definitely put on quite the production and despite her not being gifted vocally (or rhythmically) she had her moments and exuded star power. 

She sounded better in almost all songs but Fever, second verse of Levitating and and parts of Break My Heart though. brit8

13 minutes ago, plutoniano said:

Dua is proving the blueprint of the pop star still works. Ypu just need to actually work, play the long game AND deliver quality pop music.
I can see her having a long career, she's driven, determined and ambitious.  Instead of sitting cross armed during the pandemic she went out of her way to promote her era and give something to the audience and it's paying off. The numbers don't lie.

If you had told me in 2017 that the Be The One singer would be this big in 3 years I wouldve called you delusional but she really made me eat my own words and it's been a joy to watch her grow and become a pop icon in the making. Can't wait til she takes this album on the road, I think she's gonna give us a show that will put all her competition to shame.

This tea! Too bad FOTP doesn't appreciate her as much, but she's just been too consistent to still unrecognize all the achievements she's getting for her hard work on FN.

31 minutes ago, Chris Morlock said:

Can I still watch it? I didn't watch it. 

On 11/30/2020 at 10:20 PM, Entea said:

Due to high demand, the live stream will continue to be available until Sunday December 6 at 11:59 p.m. on www.live-now.com, with tickets priced at $10.

jj2

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.