Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Snow

Selena slams Facebook & Instagram for not taking down neo-nazis pages

Selena-Gomez-feb-6-2020-billboard-1548-1604603053-compressed.jpg

Selena Gomez continues to call on tech giants like Facebook, Google, and Instagram to take down hate speech and misinformation. Last night, she tagged Facebook and Instagram on Twitter, retweeting a post from the Center for Countering Digital Hate which pointed out Neo-Nazi accounts on both Instagram and Facebook still active and selling merchandise through their platforms.

One of the products is a t-shirt which reads "#WhiteLivesMatter" and depicts Donald Duck (a white duck) with the Nazi symbol stomping on a black duck. Another shirt says to support your local chapter's command, while a third has Kyle Rittenhouse depicted as a hero and calls for his immediate release. Rittenhouse shot three people and killed two during a Black Lives Matter protest in August.

Gomez has spent the past few months using her own social media platforms to get Google, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube's attention to take down ads or accounts spreading hate or misinformation. In November, she got a response from Google after she wrote an open letter to them in October asking them to take down ads sharing election and voting misinformation ahead of the U.S. presidential election.

x

8 minutes ago, Kai said:

People's person of the year has spoken, FB and instagram moderate titties while letting racists go rampant. 

de50c333b5015fe5b2fb3954cd7e95aa7e284186.gifv

Okay but tea tho, they go after people for nudity and other random things harder than they go after racists rip4 

I've reported straight-up comments on Instagram and they're like "this isn't against our rules" like??? rip4  tf

Just now, Snow said:

Okay but tea tho, they go after people for nudity and other random things harder than they go after racists rip4 

I've reported straight-up comments on Instagram and they're like "this isn't against our rules" like??? rip4  tf

fall4

Do you get warnings if you've reported incorrectly? fall4

1 minute ago, Kai said:

fall4

Do you get warnings if you've reported incorrectly? fall4

Warning points like here? No dead2 

But, they do let you know how they decide to act on your reports. If they take the content down, you get a notification saying that the content has been taken down. If they decide to do nothing about it, then you get notified that it's "not against our rules" and lowkey call you a dumb bitch by being like "please read our rules again here" like dead2

1 minute ago, Snow said:

But, they do let you know how they decide to act on your reports. If they take the content down, you get a notification saying that the content has been taken down. If they decide to do nothing about it, then you get notified that it's "not against our rules" and lowkey call you a dumb bitch by being like "please read our rules again here" like dead2

I've tried to report an ig account that was messaging me bullshit that was definitely against their rules but didn't do anything cos i couldn't report the messages directly. 

1 minute ago, Snow said:

rip3

I think this is how it works, if only one person reported something, they won't do anything about it, but if tons of people reported, then it just gets removed. 

They don't read the report. rip3 It's the same for Twitter and other places, this is why I don't use those things anymore, it's so annoying, it's like they hired monkeys to be moderators.

S_Zf-8xmy_-ID6kMGwl7KmsiBs2uWe4Az5cm-3tN

2 minutes ago, Chris Morlock said:

I've tried to report an ig account that was messaging me bullshit that was definitely against their rules but didn't do anything cos i couldn't report the messages directly. 

Couldn't you? I thought you could dead2 but yes Instagram is very weird with their rules. I reported a bunch of VERY explicit nazi furry smut (rip4) a few days ago and Instagram said it was ok. One of the wolves have a swastika on their chest I- rip4 

3 minutes ago, Kai said:

rip3

I think this is how it works, if only one person reported something, they won't do anything about it, but if tons of people reported, then it just gets removed. 

They don't read the report. rip3 It's the same for Twitter and other places, this is why I don't use those things anymore, it's so annoying, it's like they hired monkeys to be moderators.

S_Zf-8xmy_-ID6kMGwl7KmsiBs2uWe4Az5cm-3tN

Nah I've actually reported comments and they got taken down. I'm pretty sure I was the only one that reported cause they were pretty deep inside like a 200+ comment thread (controversial comment, controversial post). They're just very odd with what they consider to be against their rules. If I report nudity though, it gets taken down 95% of the time dead2 

Twitter is worse honestly. The amount of times I've reported racists and they did NOTHING about it laughcry1 one straight-up said that Asian people deserves to be "exterminated" for coronavirus and Twitter did NOTHING about it according to their notification about my report. Literally the fucking WORST dead4 

1 minute ago, Kai said:

OMFG! rih9 

I hope twitter goes bankrupt soon rih9 Trash!

As far as social media goes, my experience with them has so far been something like this:

Reddit > Instagram >>> Twitter >>>>>>>>>> Facebook

Facebook is the trashiest of them all. Selena is right to keep calling them out, because my reports there never fucking do anything. Me & my friends mass reported some guy physically threatening a girl under one of the news posts (it was about guns and things got heated) and NOTHING was done about it. laughcry1 

I think the page ended up removing it themselves after a bunch of people mass tagged them. dead1 fuck Mark Zuckerberg

6 minutes ago, Snow said:

Nah I've actually reported comments and they got taken down. I'm pretty sure I was the only one that reported cause they were pretty deep inside like a 200+ comment thread (controversial comment, controversial post). They're just very odd with what they consider to be against their rules. If I report nudity though, it gets taken down 95% of the time dead2 

Twitter is worse honestly. The amount of times I've reported racists and they did NOTHING about it laughcry1 one straight-up said that Asian people deserves to be "exterminated" for coronavirus and Twitter did NOTHING about it according to their notification about my report. Literally the fucking WORST dead4 

Why is Twitter the internet version of a trump rally dead4

2 minutes ago, Snow said:

As far as social media goes, my experience with them has so far been something like this:

Reddit > Instagram >>> Twitter >>>>>>>>>> Facebook

Facebook is the trashiest of them all. Selena is right to keep calling them out, because my reports there never fucking do anything. Me & my friends mass reported some guy physically threatening a girl under one of the news posts (it was about guns and things got heated) and NOTHING was done about it. laughcry1 

I think the page ended up removing it themselves after a bunch of people mass tagged them. dead1 fuck Mark Zuckerberg

Fun fact. Mark stole the idea of Facebook from someone else so fuck him over twice as much. 

5 minutes ago, Chris Morlock said:

Why is Twitter the internet version of a trump rally dead4

I mean, if you've been on Twitter and looked up anything even remotely political, it literally is a Trump rally dead4 

I guess it's not surprising considering their dear glorious leader is most well known for posting shit on it dead4

5 minutes ago, Chris Morlock said:

Fun fact. Mark stole the idea of Facebook from someone else so fuck him over twice as much. 

Is that from The Social Network? sia3 but yes, fuck him. Lizard-looking motherfucker, truly. 

8 minutes ago, Snow said:

I mean, if you've been on Twitter and looked up anything even remotely political, it literally is a Trump rally dead4 

I guess it's not surprising considering their dear glorious leader is most well known for posting shit on it dead4

The American Kim Jong Un

4 minutes ago, Chris Morlock said:

Just hope his sister chokes first true1

Maybe if Selena can call them both out they'll choke together. true1

Jk I don't want the good sis to get killed. true1

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.