Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Snow

The Future Nostalgia era is not ending anytime soon

76679e7c72cb8b9e8b8cb6793a59d536

For plenty of pop stars, releasing an album resembles the end of a marathon. Lipa’s debut looked a lot like that: By the time it arrived in June 2017, she had delayed it twice and put out half a dozen of its tracks. Then in July, she struck gold with “New Rules,” whose pastel-hued, choreography-heavy video became a viral sensation, pouring fuel on the album’s promotional campaign. She released a few more singles, jumped on collaborations with Calvin Harris and Silk City, then capped it off in 2018 with Dua Lipa: Complete Edition, a deluxe rerelease that added B-sides and extras to the original LP. The whole experience taught her to think of an album’s life span differently. Now, Lipa says with a wry smile, “We love to milk it.”

With her world tour plans on hold — the Future Nostalgia tour has been rescheduled for fall 2021 — Lipa says she’ll soon start writing new music and planning what her next album will sound like. But even as she plots another reinvention, she’s not quite ready to let this album go just yet. “I’m talking to my team about, even once the deluxe is out, coming back to some songs off Future Nostalgia and putting them out as singles and making videos,” she says.

There’s simply too much fun still to be had. In Dua Lipa’s world, the disco ball keeps on spinning.

x

She also said she's on her way to world domination:

Her favorite artists never played Kosovo, and she vowed not to neglect similar fans with her own tours. To promote Dua Lipa, she played a few shows in South America and made multiple treks to Asia — regions some pop artists neglect until later in their careers. “I always joked — but secretly, I really meant it — ‘Well, I’m on my path of world domination, so I have to be everywhere at once at the same time,’ ” she says, dusting off her hands.

Just now, Gilly said:

this is okay as long as she drops an extended EP next year to go along with the tour. There are no single worthy songs left on the album

Hallucinate wasn't a single I think? It SCREAMS single. 

3 minutes ago, Chris Morlock said:

Hallucinate wasn't a single I think? It SCREAMS single. 

i mean... she messed up by releasing the animated video before levitating. Truth is, she messed up BIG time with the single order. Thank god levitating is such a bop that it was able to revive the era after that long ass wait between break my heart-levitating. She basically went all summer/half a year without a single dead1 her next single needs to be the lead off the extended EP. Maybe perform it at the grammys oprah15 

Just now, Gilly said:

i mean... she messed up by releasing the animated video before levitating. Truth is, she messed up BIG time with the single order. Thank god levitating is such a bop that it was able to revive the era after that long ass wait between break my heart-levitating. She basically went all summer without a single dead1 her next single needs to be the lead off the extended EP. Maybe perform it at the grammys oprah15 

I'm SO fucking mad she did Hallucinating like that giveup1 

Like literally what was the point? She wasted all the potential rip4 but I think it charted ok-ish in the UK without any promo anyways. Imagine the SMASH if she gave it a proper music video and promoted it too giveup3 

Just now, Gilly said:

i mean... she messed up by releasing the animated video before levitating. Truth is, she messed up BIG time with the single order. Thank god levitating is such a bop that it was able to revive the era after that long ass wait between break my heart-levitating. She basically went all summer without a single dead1 her next single needs to be the lead off the extended EP. Maybe perform it at the grammys oprah15 

I thought it was just a promo single?

Just now, Snow said:

It is a single, and it tanked dead2 

10 minutes ago, Chris Morlock said:

I thought it was just a promo single?

well, they sent it to some radio stations, dropped a single cover, and an animated video... so i think they intended to make it a single/were testing the waters, but pulled back when it didnt take off as they planned. It wouldnt make sense for them to push all of this if they were just going to launch Levitating less than a month later dead1 

10 minutes ago, Snow said:

I'm SO fucking mad she did Hallucinating like that giveup1 

Like literally what was the point? She wasted all the potential rip4 but I think it charted ok-ish in the UK without any promo anyways. Imagine the SMASH if she gave it a proper music video and promoted it too giveup3 

ikr dead1 i wish she wouldve dropped levitating in June/July, it screams summer smash and then hallucinate in the fall with a proper video giveup1 things wouldve gone WAY better giveup1 

3 minutes ago, Gilly said:

well, they sent it to some radio stations, dropped a single cover, and an animated video... so i think they intended to make it a single/were testing the waters, but pulled back when it didnt take off as they planned. It wouldnt make sense for them to push all of this if they were just going to launch Levitating less than a month later dead1 

ikr dead1 i wish she wouldve dropped levitating in June/July, it screams summer smash and then hallucinate in the fall with a proper video giveup1 things wouldve gone WAY better giveup1 

If they planned levetating before releasing hallucinate then by release hallucinate as a single at all?

5 minutes ago, Chris Morlock said:

It wasn't released that long ago tho mad5

I know but it didn't really click with me, so I'm impatiently waiting for the next one. ellie1

Just now, Max said:

I know but it didn't really click with me, so I'm impatiently waiting for the next one. ellie1

Well then go listen to Plastic Hearts in loop till the new song(s) come out ellie1

Just now, Chris Morlock said:

If they planned levetating before releasing hallucinate then by release hallucinate as a single at all?

i dont think they planned it. I think that they originally planned to make hallucinate the summer single, but rushed out levitating less than a month later once they saw hallucinate wasnt taking off in the UK

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.