Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Ruthless Love

CBS Sunday Morning: Dua Lipa and her plan for world domination

dua-lipa-interview-1280.jpg

"I kind of set off jokingly being like, well, 'I'm setting off for world domination, that's my plan!'" laughed Dua Lipa.  

It turned out the pop star's plan for "world domination" was no joke. Her self-titled debut album has been streamed more than 7 billion times on Spotify. It also earned her two Grammys.

And last week, the 25-year-old picked up half a dozen more Grammy nominations, for her second album, "Future Nostalgia," released just as coronavirus lockdowns began.

Correspondent Roxana Saberi asked, "You came out with this album that's full of dance hits. And yet, a lot of people are stuck at home during this pandemic."

"I mean, never in a million years did I think I'd have to put a record out during a time like this," Lipa replied, "and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared to put it out to begin with."

Instead of performing the hit record live around the world as planned, the singer has mostly been stuck at home, like the rest of us.  

Saberi Zoomed with her last spring, while under lockdown in London. "I try and, like, wake up, do a workout," Lipa said. "Read my book, early dinner, and, uh, watch movie." Hardly the schedule of a global superstar with a new album.

After the pandemic postponed her world tour a second time, Lipa came up with the next best thing: Isolating with a crew of dancers and musicians, rehearsing for a virtual, live-streamed performance. 

Full article: x

literally insane how she had 3 songs out in 2015 and I was side eyeing her as someone who wouldn't chart much and now she's literally collaborated with the biggest names of the entire industry won big awards, and is the new face of pop music. And she's in my top 10 of everything this year alex1

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.