Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Chris

Dolly Parton comes for RuPauls wig

The queer internet exploded recently over an interview from Dolly Parton and RuPaul, in which Parton, intentionally or not, threw some serious shade at the fracking icon.

In a new interview between the two celebs in Marie Claire, the 74-year-old “Jolene” singer offered up a wholesome anecdote about frying up sausage patties, biscuits, and gravy for her husband, Carl Dean, for breakfast. When RuPaul asked Parton if she had her characteristic high heels on while cooking, she answered, “I always wear my high heels. Don’t you?”

“No,” RuPaul responded. “That’s the thing: There are similarities in what we do, but I take all that stuff off.”

And in a moment that will live forever in gay infamy, Parton shot back: “Well, I don’t. I have to always stay ready — street ready, I always say.” Delicately twisting the knife even further, she added: “Like, when I’m in L.A. — I’ve told you about it — if it’s going to earthquake, if we get an earthquake, I’m not running out in the street looking like you look now.”

Though RuPaul tried to deflect by asking Parton about her archives of old clothing and wigs, she staunchly refused to remove her foot from his neck.

“See, you’re a drag queen. Those are like costumes to you. This is my living self,” she said. “I am a living drag queen. You dress up just now and then, but for me, though, I like the wigs and I wear them almost every day.” Stone cold, Dolly!

In the Monday sit down, Parton also hinted at the possibility of a biographical TV series, which she correctly claimed “everybody wants” her to do.

“But I’m still working on my life story as a musical, and so I’m not sure if I want to do it as a feature-film musical or if I do want to go ahead and do it on Broadway,” she said. “But I do think that would make a good series.” Ah, to be a legendary country star whose toughest choices consist of deciding whether to adapt your illustrious career to the screen or the stage.

RuPaul also asked Parton about her Imagination Library, which she said is “one of the things I am proudest of, of all the things that I’ve done since I’ve been in the business.” According to the Imagination Library website, the program “mails free, high-quality books to children from birth until they begin school, no matter their family’s income.” Parton claimed in the interview that the idea “came from a sincere place in my life and in my heart,” as many of her relatives, including her father, did not know how to read or write due to a lack of access to education.

“I just remember feeling bad for my dad because he was so smart,” she added. “And I thought, Lord, if he’d had an education, no telling what all he could have been. But I remember, out of my heart, just thinking, I’m going to do something. I’m going to start a program. I’m going to get my dad to help me with it.”

What Parton refers to as her “little program” has since expanded from the U.S. to serve Canada, Australia, Ireland, and the U.K, with nearly 150 million books gifted as of last month.

Imagination Library is, of course, only one of Parton’s “little” philanthropy efforts. More recently, she’s been lauded for funding research that led to the development of Moderna’s coronavirus vaccine, which is thought to be nearly 95% effective. Specifically, Parton donated $1 million, which called “part of that little seed money that will hopefully grow into something great and heal this world.”

https://www.them.us/story/dolly-parton-rupaul-interview-wig-read/amp

The way she ABSOLUTELY should too wendy2 

RuPaul dresses up for the coin, Dolly dresses up for the sake of other's viewing pleasure. She truly works out of the kindness of her heart and massive knockers, a queen for the people alex1

Spoiler

I promise I don't hate RuPaul, just the fracking and lack of bio queen / trans queen representation on drag race ari9

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.