Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Freaky Prince

Taylor Swift | evermore | December 11th, 2020

4 hours ago, Ghostface said:

Yeah, this one gives different touch in contrast to folklore ( feels like partially-sunny, partially-misty winter day ) even though they share similar vibes, but this one sounds heavier instrumentally with lyrically being on point.

evermore.gif

Happiness, Closure, Tis the Damn Season grouped together are the atmosphere hovered by tolerate it.

evermore.gif

Only two sentences? tay8

I expect a 40 page essay on Evermore by tomorrow morning, Earth's timezone, not Galactic Federation's. 

SHkjUC9.gif

1 minute ago, Kai said:

Only two sentences? tay8

I expect a 40 page essay on Evermore by tomorrow morning, Earth's timezone, not Galactic Federation's.

SHkjUC9.gif

ny6ny4ny5

Two sentences, because I am mentally paused for the moment and I need few more listens to unpack these melodies - they are definitely different to the folklore ones, they sound more complex which means they need to be processed through few more listens.

Also, her lyrics turned into half-prose, half-poetry and also need time to be grasped. Gold Rush, for example, doesn't stop poruing those words over that slick and sick instrumental.

But at least now I noted which time-zone to follow in particular, it will probably be suitable for you too in that galaxy.

SHkjUC9.gif

Just now, Ghostface said:

ny6ny4ny5

Two sentences, because I am mentally paused for the moment and I need few more listens to unpack these melodies - they are definitely different to the folklore ones, they sound more complex which means they need to be processed through few more listens.

Also, her lyrics turned into half-prose, half-poetry and also need time to be grasped. Gold Rush, for example, doesn't stop poruing those words over that slick and sick instrumental.

But at least now I noted which time-zone to follow in particular, it will probably be suitable for you too in that galaxy.

SHkjUC9.gif

I definitely agree with this part, I said in a BG thread how Evermore sounds more folklore than "folklore", she just keeps EVOLVING.

evermore.gif

This album isn’t nearly as instant as folklore and that’s okay. It took me several listens to appreciate it (not fully, but in a better light). I think that this album is more complex lyrically than folklore, whereas folklore had catchier - and therefore more instant melodies. 

With that said, I’m still in awe at this whole project. Definitely on par for me in terms of how it holds up in comparison to folklore. Now, not using the previous record as a benchmark (which is the best idea but admittedly hard to do) I’d say this is another career highlight for sure. Red, folklore and evermore - the holy trinity! jj2 

Side note: Willow MV is definitely one of the best of her career thus far and infinitely better than Cardigan, which was already a video I loved a lot. I need a video for NBNC.

3 minutes ago, Kai said:

I definitely agree with this part, I said in a BG thread how Evermore sounds more folklore than "folklore", she just keeps EVOLVING.

evermore.gif

Yeah, it is more folklore than folklore even though it doesn't actually presents the same soundscape, which is great, but she definitely followed lakes lyrical structures here and seem to be more expressive and sing every single thought that had corssed her mind while in the process of writing. I mean, she is definitely expressive on folklore, but her lyrics here feel more spontaenous.

evermore.gif

5 minutes ago, Ghostface said:

though it doesn't actually presents the same soundscape,

Kristina would beg to differ. ny2

6 minutes ago, Ghostface said:

but she definitely followed lakes lyrical structures here and seem to be more expressive and sing every single thought that had corssed her mind while in the process of writing. I mean, she is definitely expressive on folklore, but her lyrics here feel more spontaenous.

evermore.gif

Maybe that's why I instantly like it, I instantly loved the lakes. Yes, I also feel like her vocals are better here because she expressed every words... 

evermore.gif

4 minutes ago, Taylor said:

This album isn’t nearly as instant as folklore and that’s okay. It took me several listens to appreciate it (not fully, but in a better light). I think that this album is more complex lyrically than folklore, whereas folklore had catchier - and therefore more instant melodies. 

With that said, I’m still in awe at this whole project. Definitely on par for me in terms of how it holds up in comparison to folklore. Now, not using the previous record as a benchmark (which is the best idea but admittedly hard to do) I’d say this is another career highlight for sure. Red, folklore and evermore - the holy trinity! jj2 

Side note: Willow MV is definitely one of the best of her career thus far and infinitely better than Cardigan, which was already a video I loved a lot. I need a video for NBNC.

Yes, folklore is direct confrontation and has all the elements needed to get you at first and evermore has equal amount of both uptempo-esque and toned down songs, which all come in turns and all of them sound layered ( closure, for example, she hasn't song like that musically speaking up until now ), so that requires some time to settle down and come in terms with listener.

The folklore came out first and was just right up her alley ( sound she always had in herself ) and evermore already feels like she is transitioning to new styles and that's why I agree it should be noted as one of the most solid moments in her catalogue. jj2

Just now, Kai said:

Kristina would beg to differ. ny2

ny6

She will come into terms eventually and realize this is both poppier and rockier than folklore, but definitely not in conventional way plus country vibe knocks on door here as well. Evermore offers just enough to get interest at first - willow, gold rush, no body, no crime, marjorie, but the rest needed to be given more space due to intricate sounds primarly.

4 minutes ago, Kai said:

Maybe that's why I instantly like it, I instantly loved the lakes. Yes, I also feel like her vocals are better here because she expressed every words... 

evermore.gif

Yes, she is getting hand of truly emphasizing each word now up to necessary degrees. I mean, folklore definitely didn't limit her in any way, but evermore seems like gives her even more space to be less organized, but still mostly on point.

evermore.gif

3 hours ago, Simón. said:

Do you think there will be limited editions? giveup3 

I haven't heard anything about it, but I would think so! It's just not gonna be right now. With the new Billboard chart rule in effect, she's most likely using a different approach in marketing Evermore, so the rollout has been very different with Folklore's (which was released pre-rule).

Very optimistically speaking, if her team moves fast then we could see a couple of limited editions could be available next week along with the physical copies of Evermore (with the 2 bonus tracks she promised). Otherwise I would expect a 2-4 week wait minimum. I'm a bit doubtful we'll hear anything about it this week though, since she'll probably focus on pushing Willow to try and make it go #1 with signed CDs and whatnot, ala Cardigan. dead1 

1 hour ago, Snow said:

I haven't heard anything about it, but I would think so! It's just not gonna be right now. With the new Billboard chart rule in effect, she's most likely using a different approach in marketing Evermore, so the rollout has been very different with Folklore's (which was released pre-rule).

Very optimistically speaking, if her team moves fast then we could see a couple of limited editions could be available next week along with the physical copies of Evermore (with the 2 bonus tracks she promised). Otherwise I would expect a 2-4 week wait minimum. I'm a bit doubtful we'll hear anything about it this week though, since she'll probably focus on pushing Willow to try and make it go #1 with signed CDs and whatnot, ala Cardigan. dead1 

I hope she does giveup3  The folklore vinyl is so gorgeous giveup3 

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.