Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Freaky Prince

Taylor Swift | evermore | December 11th, 2020

11 hours ago, Snow said:

She's packing too much things into a short time.. Folklore isn't even a year old yet, and she released another album, and now we're getting all the re-recordings. Both Folklore & Evermore are good albums but they feel half-baked now because she abandoned the eras literally on their release day rip4  I expect the same treatment for the re-recordings. Not expecting a full-blown era until maybe 2022/early 2023.

She sort of ruined it. Folklore should've had the 1 and exile as singles. Evermore should've been released after the grammys. It would've been a sweetener/TU,N situation. Hopefully she'll go back to a normal release for TS10.

3 hours ago, zack said:

She sort of ruined it. Folklore should've had the 1 and exile as singles. Evermore should've been released after the grammys. It would've been a sweetener/TU,N situation. Hopefully she'll go back to a normal release for TS10.

I feel like a part of it is her knowing the type of music she made isn't really going to chart well outside of it being a Taylor Swift release. She made music she wanted to make and showed off the full extent of what she can do and let it speak for itself.

I'm sure when she has something more commercial she'll put more effort again!

6 hours ago, zack said:

3 hours ago, Strobo said:

I feel like a part of it is her knowing the type of music she made isn't really going to chart well outside of it being a Taylor Swift release. She made music she wanted to make and showed off the full extent of what she can do and let it speak for itself.

I agree with Strobo here, I don't think she was aiming for Hot 100 chart success with Folklore & Evermore. And even if she tried, it's just not the type of music that would chart well. 

That said though, I do wish that she put out more visuals to make the eras more eventful. I'm sure Republic would have been more than happy to fund them, and even if they didn't she could just fund them herself again. But the pandemic probably got in the way or something. 

Also I don't think she should've released Evermore after the Grammys, it has no chance competing in the big categories. I could see her getting a nomination for Willow but other than that, nah. TU,N on the other hand is it's own distinct body of work, unlike Evermore which is literally just a "sister album". It'd get obliterated. Folklore is the real star and she knows it. 

38 minutes ago, Snow said:

I agree with Strobo here, I don't think she was aiming for Hot 100 chart success with Folklore & Evermore. And even if she tried, it's just not the type of music that would chart well. 

That said though, I do wish that she put out more visuals to make the eras more eventful. I'm sure Republic would have been more than happy to fund them, and even if they didn't she could just fund them herself again. But the pandemic probably got in the way or something. 

Also I don't think she should've released Evermore after the Grammys, it has no chance competing in the big categories. I could see her getting a nomination for Willow but other than that, nah. TU,N on the other hand is it's own distinct body of work, unlike Evermore which is literally just a "sister albu

4 hours ago, Strobo said:

m". It'd get obliterated. Folklore is the real star and she knows it. 

She's just lazy. Exile was right there waiting to smash. She could've recorded a random video of them walking in the woods or something. Evermore on the other hand, doesn't really have much potential. I only see champagne problems and gold rush being singles. Evermore should've honestly been a Side B to Folklore. 

I'm pretty sure TS10 will be her normal release schedule. I liked the 1989 and Reputation rollout. Lover took way too long. ME!TH was released in April, and Lover was released in August. Hopefully TS10 will be a red 2.0 🔥🔥🔥

20 minutes ago, zack said:

She's just lazy. Exile was right there waiting to smash. She could've recorded a random video of them walking in the woods or something. Evermore on the other hand, doesn't really have much potential. I only see champagne problems and gold rush being singles. Evermore should've honestly been a Side B to Folklore. 

I'm pretty sure TS10 will be her normal release schedule. I liked the 1989 and Reputation rollout. Lover took way too long. ME!TH was released in April, and Lover was released in August. Hopefully TS10 will be a red 2.0 🔥🔥🔥

Not ME!TH lmfao2 

But yeah she's probably just lazy, Exile definitely deserved the push. She only gave it limited release to make it eligible for the Grammys, same with Betty laughcry1 and yes Evermore has no commercial potential. I'm sure she'll submit the album and a few songs next year anyways though, if TS10 isn't out already by then.

But yes TS10 kinda HAS to be a normal release schedule. A third Folklore/Evermore type of release would damage her career. dead1 I hope for a full era again soon, I love Folklore & Evermore but the missy hiding in the woods is making me bored. Give me VISUALS! PERFORMANCES! 

On 3/14/2021 at 4:25 AM, Snow said:

Not ME!TH lmfao2 

But yeah she's probably just lazy, Exile definitely deserved the push. She only gave it limited release to make it eligible for the Grammys, same with Betty laughcry1 and yes Evermore has no commercial potential. I'm sure she'll submit the album and a few songs next year anyways though, if TS10 isn't out already by then.

But yes TS10 kinda HAS to be a normal release schedule. A third Folklore/Evermore type of release would damage her career. dead1 I hope for a full era again soon, I love Folklore & Evermore but the missy hiding in the woods is making me bored. Give me VISUALS! PERFORMANCES! 

Sorry for the last response, I was catching up on some assignments katy4

We call it ME!th on atrl lmfao1  Well technically Exile was a single, bu not for Pop/HAC radio (which has the biggest audience reach). It could've been her shallow or say something. She really messed it up. It should've been Cardigan, Exile and The 1, I don't see why she released betty to country radio. Country radio doesn't play her music anymore, ever since she transitioned to pop. Also, Evermore should've been released this week during the grammy's. It would've left space in between for folklore's singles. Hopefully we have a normal rollout and a tour for TS10. I can see her releasing it sometime next year. 

1 hour ago, zack said:

Sorry for the last response, I was catching up on some assignments katy4

We call it ME!th on atrl lmfao1  Well technically Exile was a single, bu not for Pop/HAC radio (which has the biggest audience reach). It could've been her shallow or say something. She really messed it up. It should've been Cardigan, Exile and The 1, I don't see why she released betty to country radio. Country radio doesn't play her music anymore, ever since she transitioned to pop. Also, Evermore should've been released this week during the grammy's. It would've left space in between for folklore's singles. Hopefully we have a normal rollout and a tour for TS10. I can see her releasing it sometime next year. 

No problem! Hope you're doing well with them! brit16

I think it was mentioned that Taylor sent Betty and New Year's Day to Country radio simply just because she doesn't want to close the door to the genre completely. She wants a back-up for if her pop career starts to tank, I guess? Women in pop music typically stop being successful after 30 thanks to the rampant ageism in the industry, so it's pretty understandable. 

I don't think TS10 is coming next year though, Fearless (Taylor's Version) isn't even out yet and she's got like 4 more albums to go? Even if she spaced them all 3 months apart, she'll only be fully done with the rollout near the end of 2022. I think TS10 is gonna come in 2023 at the earliest dead2 

On 3/13/2021 at 12:46 AM, Daenerys said:

cowboy like me still hasn't CLICKED with me like it has for almost everyone else. Love all the songs you hate minus happiness. It's not BAD, but I can take it or leave it. Closure isn't a fave, but also not a skip for me. The only true skip for me is the HAIM garbage collab. It kills the most perfect vibe of tracks 1-5 for me.

CzE3M06.gif

On 3/13/2021 at 8:00 AM, Snow said:

Give Cowboy Like Me a few more listens tbh, I didn't like it either at first but I ended up listening to it on repeat like yesterday (same with Betty). I also couldn't care less about Happiness tbh, it's not BAD bad but part of why it's annoying to listen to is that it's.. so damn long. 

But yes I actually loved No Body No Crime at first but it's really aged like milk, I can't stand it now idk why

CzE3M06.gif

Taylucifer did not write a more enthralling and twist filled narrative than any major network has ever thought about writing in over a decade for this No Body, No Crime slander. 

16 hours ago, Snow said:

No problem! Hope you're doing well with them! brit16

I think it was mentioned that Taylor sent Betty and New Year's Day to Country radio simply just because she doesn't want to close the door to the genre completely. She wants a back-up for if her pop career starts to tank, I guess? Women in pop music typically stop being successful after 30 thanks to the rampant ageism in the industry, so it's pretty understandable. 

I don't think TS10 is coming next year though, Fearless (Taylor's Version) isn't even out yet and she's got like 4 more albums to go? Even if she spaced them all 3 months apart, she'll only be fully done with the rollout near the end of 2022. I think TS10 is gonna come in 2023 at the earliest dead2 

I hope so too 😭😭

I don't really see country radio playing her anymore. They're very fickle and she basically "betrayed" them. None of her songs have been doing well in country radio ever since 1989 came out. I guess she should transition into HAC/AC instead. It's not like she needs any radio support. Taylor has the biggest fanbase out of all the MPG's.

It honestly might come out in 2023. She might feel overexposed from the re-recordings, so she'll end up taking a break. Hopefully the wait for the net 4 albums aren't that long. Fearless TV feels like a non-event already brit5  Can't wait to see what genre she tries out next!

21 hours ago, Mr. Mendes said:

Taylucifer did not write a more enthralling and twist filled narrative than any major network has ever thought about writing in over a decade for this No Body, No Crime slander. 

I mean it was good and exciting on the first few listens but it also aged like milk tbh rip4 it's gone from the Top 3 to like the Bottom 5 of the album for me? dead2

2 minutes ago, Snow said:

I mean it was good and exciting on the first few listens but it also aged like milk tbh rip4 it's gone from the Top 3 to like the Bottom 5 of the album for me? dead2

It's a damn good thing your taste is so impeccable elsewhere or we'd be in what the kids call "a rough patch" 

9 hours ago, zack said:

I hope so too 😭😭

I don't really see country radio playing her anymore. They're very fickle and she basically "betrayed" them. None of her songs have been doing well in country radio ever since 1989 came out. I guess she should transition into HAC/AC instead. It's not like she needs any radio support. Taylor has the biggest fanbase out of all the MPG's.

It honestly might come out in 2023. She might feel overexposed from the re-recordings, so she'll end up taking a break. Hopefully the wait for the net 4 albums aren't that long. Fearless TV feels like a non-event already brit5  Can't wait to see what genre she tries out next!

Yeah they do play her a lot less but she's been putting the effort to keep herself being played on the country radio! I mean random singles aside, both Folklore and Evermore are still pretty radio-friendly overall, plus her collabs like the Gasoline remix with HAIM and Babe with Sugarland which actually went Top 10 in one of those country charts. I don't think she's ready to let Country go tbh, her crossover appeal is one of her stronger points. But I do agree that she should also give more to HAC/AC, seeing Delicate charted there for like a year weeks true1 

I think the short eras and the low amount of promo is her way to keep herself from getting overexposured tbh. I don't think she'll take that big of a break, especially since the re-recordings have been a non-event so far. So on that front I don't think she has THAT much to worry about dead1 I do hope that the wait can be shorter inbetween re-recordings tho! 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Mendes said:

It's a damn good thing your taste is so impeccable elsewhere or we'd be in what the kids call "a rough patch" 

SCREAMING. Well if it makes it any better, NBNC is my third most played song from the album, so I probably overplayed it a bit moo1 

I haven't listened to it again in a while so it might recover and I'll like it again.. but if I don't, well! We have plenty of other things to bond over brit16

Just now, Snow said:

SCREAMING. Well if it makes it any better, NBNC is my third most played song from the album, so I probably overplayed it a bit moo1 

I haven't listened to it again in a while so it might recover and I'll like it again.. but if I don't, well! We have plenty of other things to bond over brit16

I will accept this because I did the same to Rain On Me and I got so tired of it that when it won a grammy for a split second I was like brit3 before the faggöt in me woke up 

Just now, Mr. Mendes said:

I will accept this because I did the same to Rain On Me and I got so tired of it that when it won a grammy for a split second I was like brit3 before the faggöt in me woke up 

I think we might be heading into a second rough patch when you hear this.. brit3

I never liked Rain On Me that much.. 2 of my faves are in it but it was all hype and didn't live up to my expectations. Got kinda bored of it after the 25th play. It's not a bad song, it's just very.. okay! brit3 but I do support the win cause I feel the same way about Exile so I have no clear fave in the category and I love seeing certain stans seethe. brit16

21 hours ago, Mr. Mendes said:

No Body, No Renewal... it would have been cancelled halfway through season 1! champagne problems would've gotten renewed after episode!

CzE3M06.gif

1 minute ago, Snow said:

I think we might be heading into a second rough patch when you hear this.. brit3

I never liked Rain On Me that much.. 2 of my faves are in it but it was all hype and didn't live up to my expectations. Got kinda bored of it after the 25th play. It's not a bad song, it's just very.. okay! brit3 but I do support the win cause I feel the same way about Exile so I have no clear fave in the category and I love seeing certain stans seethe. brit16

Nah you're good it was never a song that had a hill I was willing to die on but I lowkey stopped stanning Gaga for a few years and Stupid Love got my attention and then Rain on Me really sucked me back in so I was attached for awhile but pretty much once the album was out I had my fill

1 minute ago, Daenerys said:

No Body, No Renewal... it would have been cancelled halfway through season 1! champagne problems would've gotten renewed after episode!

CzE3M06.gif

I am willing to accept no body, no crime slander if it is in the name of champagne problems supremacy, you found the loophole 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Mendes said:

Nah you're good it was never a song that had a hill I was willing to die on but I lowkey stopped stanning Gaga for a few years and Stupid Love got my attention and then Rain on Me really sucked me back in so I was attached for awhile but pretty much once the album was out I had my fill

We both unstanned Gaga a while ago, another thing we have in common! brit16 Not Stupid Nose getting your attention though dead1 

For me what caught my attention again was Sour Candy rrj6GQi.gif unfortunately the missy @Lady Gaga is a lazy oreo-selling war criminal and let this HIT slip through her hands

2 minutes ago, Snow said:

Not Stupid Nose getting your attention though

I'm a Shawn Mendes ride or die stan if you're coming to me for rock solid judgement, it's really on you sis 

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.