Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Shawn's Slave

Do you consider Taylor Swift a legend now?

Do you consider Taylor Swift a legend now?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Do you consider Taylor Swift a legend now?

• Yes, I have 20/20 vision, hearing, and cognitive thinking!
    • No. I still have my stan goggles on for Mooriah or Moodonner, they are the only legend in my diseased mind
    • Honest Vocal Coach >>>>> everyone on this diseased planet

We'll see. To be a legend you need still need influence, and that comes with time.

folklore is great and really shows off all her strengths but it's not even been half a year yet. See how people view it with more time. 

8 minutes ago, Strobo said:

We'll see. To be a legend you need still need influence, and that comes with time.

She's in the game for a while now,  it's pretty obvious she will go out as one of the legends of her generation 

2 minutes ago, Simón. said:

She's in the game for a while now,  it's pretty obvious she will go out as one of the legends of her generation 

Of course, I'm not saying she won't. But as of now? She hasn't had her MOMENT, you know?

Legends gotta change the game or make history in some way, don't they?

Just now, Strobo said:

Of course, I'm not saying she won't. But as of now? She hasn't had her MOMENT, you know?

Legends gotta change the game or make history in some way, don't they?

She had several moments rip4 Her, Rihanna and Bey have already hit legend status at this point. 

8 minutes ago, Simón. said:

She had several moments rip4 Her, Rihanna and Bey have already hit legend status at this point. 

Bey? Easy, Self-Titled, Lemonade and Beychella (especially this one) are what will go down in history with her, as well as the bunch of artists inspired by her.

Rih? Not as easy, but still pretty clear. A bunch of artists in this generation are influenced by her (especially her singing but some people don't wanna have that conversation), her style, her billboard records and sales, and the trends she's started/made bigger. That doesn't even address the big ass empire she's building with Fenty, and being an Ambassador of her country with all the things she's done.

Taylor though? I'm not sure what's she's done on the level of either of them. (Besides sales)

On 12/11/2020 at 9:01 PM, Strobo said:

Bey? Easy, Self-Titled, Lemonade and Beychella (especially this one) are what will go down in history with her, as well as the bunch of artists inspired by her.

Rih? Not as easy, but still pretty clear. A bunch of artists in this generation are influenced by her (especially her singing but some people don't wanna have that conversation), her style, her billboard records and sales, and the trends she's started/made bigger. That doesn't even address the big ass empire she's building with Fenty, and being an Ambassador of her country with all the things she's done.

Taylor though? I'm not sure what's she's done on the level of either of them.

Bey is the only one who is A TRUE LEGEND out of the people you mentioned. Rihanna is an icon at best. xtina7

OT: Maybe an icon at best, but NOT a legend. sorry1  that's just the way it is

No? It takes a lot to be considered a legend. Being popular and having big sales doesn't make you a legend.. She hasn't done anything to deserve that title, not yet at least. She barely has an iconic song nicki5

3 hours ago, Kristina said:

No? It takes a lot to be considered a legend. Being popular and having big sales doesn't make you a legend.. She hasn't done anything to deserve that title, not yet at least. She barely has an iconic song nicki5

Love Story, You Belong With Me, and Blank Space are all pretty iconic IMO? brit8 

8 hours ago, Vesper said:

Love Story, You Belong With Me, and Blank Space are all pretty iconic IMO? brit8 

20 minutes ago, Kristina said:

Love Story I can agree with true1

now why are y'all not talking about Shake It Off? juicy1

You guys...Taylor is amazing and all but the girl is still walking the "I am somewhat a Joni Mitchell copy but ME! I am kind original too" road. She's an icon, but a legend? That's gonna be a very subjective opinion. For me she isn't, but if anybody thinks that she is, sure why not.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.