Jump to content
Cha Eunwoo

Do you consider Taylor Swift a legend now?

Do you consider Taylor Swift a legend now?  

22 members have voted

  1. 1. Do you consider Taylor Swift a legend now?

    • Yes, I have 20/20 vision, hearing, and cognitive thinking!
    • No. I still have my stan goggles on for Mooriah or Moodonner, they are the only legend in my diseased mind
    • Honest Vocal Coach >>>>> everyone on this diseased planet


Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, Strobo said:

Of course, I'm not saying she won't. But as of now? She hasn't had her MOMENT, you know?

Legends gotta change the game or make history in some way, don't they?

Bye lmfao2

She had several moments, and she's currently having one right now, having two of the most critically acclaimed albums back to back in 2020 lmfao2

17 hours ago, Strobo said:

Bey? Easy, Self-Titled, Lemonade and Beychella (especially this one) are what will go down in history with her, as well as the bunch of artists inspired by her.

Rih? Not as easy, but still pretty clear. A bunch of artists in this generation are influenced by her (especially her singing but some people don't wanna have that conversation), her style, her billboard records and sales, and the trends she's started/made bigger. That doesn't even address the big ass empire she's building with Fenty, and being an Ambassador of her country with all the things she's done.

Taylor though? I'm not sure what's she's done on the level of either of them. (Besides sales)

Bey is a legend because she released a surprise album and because of a Coachella performance? jj4

Rih is a legend because of her makeup line and sales? jj4

Taylor has the song writing, the sales and the tours that back her up. I'm not saying she's a legend, but let's not make it seem like the other ladies are leagues above her, cause they aren't. All 3 are amazing in their own ways. It's not a competition and they are all queens.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Arya said:

Bye lmfao2

She had several moments, and she's currently having one right now, having two of the most critically acclaimed albums back to back in 2020 lmfao2

Bey is a legend because she released a surprise album and because of a Coachella performance? jj4

Rih is a legend because of her makeup line and sales? jj4

Taylor has the song writing, the sales and the tours that back her up. I'm not saying she's a legend, but let's not make it seem like the other ladies are leagues above her, cause they aren't. All 3 are amazing in their own ways. It's not a competition and they are all queens.

This. 

I mean her songwriting has always been top-notched before 2020.

But folklore + evermore JUST CONFIRM SHE's a legendary songwriter...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kai said:

This. 

I mean her songwriting has always been top-notched before 2020.

But folklore + evermore JUST CONFIRM SHE's a legendary songwriter...

People on this forum have ALWAYS had a bias against Taylor anyways, since the early days of @Robert. and me flooding her yet to be made permanent section lmfao2

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kai said:

Wow she didn't have a perma section before? the lack of tastes jumped out! brit5

Nope, the forum worked differently years ago. We had the spotlight section and we stayed there for months, cause we were always top 3 in posts, while the other spotlight sections were constantly being changed. After a while she was made a full permanent section jj2

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Arya said:

Bye lmfao2

She had several moments, and she's currently having one right now, having two of the most critically acclaimed albums back to back in 2020 lmfao2

Bey is a legend because she released a surprise album and because of a Coachella performance? jj4

Rih is a legend because of her makeup line and sales? jj4

Taylor has the song writing, the sales and the tours that back her up. I'm not saying she's a legend, but let's not make it seem like the other ladies are leagues above her, cause they aren't. All 3 are amazing in their own ways. It's not a competition and they are all queens.

Beyonce completely changing how people release and do album rollouts, as well as the tracking date for sales, bringing the visual album format to the mainstream, and being the first black woman to ever headline Coachella and completely showcasing black culture as well as putting her place as THE performer of her generation ain't something for you? I can absolutely argue for Beyonce becoming a legend if not already being considered one now.

Rih on the other hand, I was listing potential reasons she could go down as one. I say she's an influential icon, but she needs to do more to get that legend title.

Taylor though, granted I will be the first to admit I'm not really a fan of her. But as far as I know it's just her songwriting that she's known for, and folklore (and now evermore) feel like those flawless displays of her songwriting. But is it anything else? I'm not trying to be rude I just don't see what it is besides selling well and having a good pen game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Strobo said:

Beyonce completely changing how people release and do album rollouts, as well as the tracking date for sales, bringing the visual album format to the mainstream, and being the first black woman to ever headline Coachella and completely showcasing black culture as well as putting her place as THE performer of her generation ain't something for you? I can absolutely argue for Beyonce becoming a legend if not already being considered one now.

Rih on the other hand, I was listing potential reasons she could go down as one. I say she's an influential icon, but she needs to do more to get that legend title.

Taylor though, granted I will be the first to admit I'm not really a fan of her. But as far as I know it's just her songwriting that she's known for, and folklore (and now evermore) feel like those flawless displays of her songwriting. But is it anything else? I'm not trying to be rude I just don't see what it is besides selling well and having a good pen game.

Beyonce has always been an amazing performer, long before Coachella. Also let's not act like she hasn't started showcasing black culture only AFTER it became much more popular to do so. Props to her anyways, because it's incredibly important to showcase all cultures of the world. I'm not trying to undermine her talent in any way, shape or form, but performing is only one aspect of being a singer. While Bey excels in performing, Tay excels in song-writing and composing. Sure, you could argue that you don't need to be able to do what Taylor does to be a singer, but without those two things, there wouldn't really be songs to be sung.

Rih is definitely influential, but mostly for things outside of her music.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Arya said:

Beyonce has always been an amazing performer, long before Coachella. Also let's not act like she hasn't started showcasing black culture only AFTER it became much more popular to do so. Props to her anyways, because it's incredibly important to showcase all cultures of the world. I'm not trying to undermine her talent in any way, shape or form, but performing is only one aspect of being a singer. While Bey excels in performing, Tay excels in song-writing and composing. Sure, you could argue that you don't need to be able to do what Taylor does to be a singer, but without those two things, there wouldn't really be songs to be sung.

Rih is definitely influential, but mostly for things outside of her music.

Can fully agree here, while most of her stuff really isn't my taste, she can craft a song and a narrative very well. I'm just saying to be a legend you need something massive that will be remembered for years, usually in terms of a statement piece, or just being the best of the best and people following afterwards.

I made a thread some time ago wondering why 00s artists aren't really considered legends and most people disagreed with me, saying that they are and idk. I feel the word is used too lightly. An artist can make incredible music but not be considered a legend. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Arya said:

Bye lmfao2

She had several moments, and she's currently having one right now, having two of the most critically acclaimed albums back to back in 2020 lmfao2

 

What are those moments? nicki5 legendary performance? Something that shook pop culture and changed the music industry?

She can't even have "surprise albums" to her credit cuz Beyonce did that 7 years ago. Controversies with a rapper and being a good songwriter doesn't qualify for legendary status. What has she done that will be a template for other artists? Well-put eras I guess. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Strobo said:

Can fully agree here, while most of her stuff really isn't my taste, she can craft a song and a narrative very well. I'm just saying to be a legend you need something massive that will be remembered for years, usually in terms of a statement piece, or just being the best of the best and people following afterwards.

I made a thread some time ago wondering why 00s artists aren't really considered legends and most people disagreed with me, saying that they are and idk. I feel the word is used too lightly. An artist can make incredible music but not be considered a legend. 

I guess we'll just agree to disagree. I value songwriting a lot and to me the quality of the music is the main factor for someone to be a legend, because I'd rather someone be remembered for their music instead of something that they did, but to each his own. I don't need a mind-blowing performance from everyone, but I recognize that it's an incredible talent to have. Taylor, Bey, etc are not legends to me yet, but they're on their way there, each one of them for a different thing.

1 hour ago, Gravity said:

What are those moments? nicki5 legendary performance? Something that shook pop culture and changed the music industry?

She can't even have "surprise albums" to her credit cuz Beyonce did that 7 years ago. Controversies with a rapper and being a good songwriter doesn't qualify for legendary status. What has she done that will be a template for other artists? Well-put eras I guess. 

Her songwriting ability, she also has more than a couple 1 million+ first selling weeks, huge tour numbers (Rep almost did 400 millions), in 2020 she's one of the few that can actually sell physical albums AND also have huge streaming numbers. As I said before, people excel in different things, just because you don't value her songwriting, it doesn't mean that it's not important. lmfao2

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Arya said:

I guess we'll just agree to disagree. I value songwriting a lot and to me the quality of the music is the main factor for someone to be a legend, because I'd rather someone be remembered for their music instead of something that they did, but to each his own. I don't need a mind-blowing performance from everyone, but I recognize that it's an incredible talent to have. Taylor, Bey, etc are not legends to me yet, but they're on their way there, each one of them for a different thing.

Her songwriting ability, she also has more than a couple 1 million+ first selling weeks, huge tour numbers (Rep almost did 400 millions), in 2020 she's one of the few that can actually sell physical albums AND also have huge streaming numbers. As I said before, people excel in different things, just because you don't value her songwriting, it doesn't mean that it's not important. lmfao2

All that and you still didn't mention her "several moments" lmfao2

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Gravity said:

All that and you still didn't mention her "several moments" lmfao2

Are you good sis? jj4

1 hour ago, Arya said:

I guess we'll just agree to disagree. I value songwriting a lot and to me the quality of the music is the main factor for someone to be a legend, because I'd rather someone be remembered for their music instead of something that they did, but to each his own. I don't need a mind-blowing performance from everyone, but I recognize that it's an incredible talent to have. Taylor, Bey, etc are not legends to me yet, but they're on their way there, each one of them for a different thing.

Her songwriting ability, she also has more than a couple 1 million+ first selling weeks, huge tour numbers (Rep almost did 400 millions), in 2020 she's one of the few that can actually sell physical albums AND also have huge streaming numbers. As I said before, people excel in different things, just because you don't value her songwriting, it doesn't mean that it's not important. lmfao2

EDIT: OMG lmfao2 You're one of those that believe 1m+ first week sellers, 400 million grossing tours, multiple critically acclaimed albums and stuff like that is not important? OKAY sis lmfao2

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Arya said:

Are you good sis? jj4

EDIT: OMG lmfao2 You're one of those that believe 1m+ first week sellers, 400 million grossing tours, multiple critically acclaimed albums and stuff like that is not important? OKAY sis lmfao2

It seems you're confusing me saying she's not a legend, which is the topic of the thread, to saying she's not successful nicki5

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m trying to think of iconic taylor swift moments... and the only one that pops to mind is Kanye cutting her off. brit9

 

As much as I like Taylor and she is enormously successful, what other iconic moments does she have? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I’m trying to think of iconic taylor swift moments... and the only one that pops to mind is Kanye cutting her off. brit9

 

As much as I like Taylor and she is enormously successful, what other iconic moments does she have? 

What about this moment?

Spoiler

UoNn5xv.jpg

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gravity said:

It seems you're confusing me saying she's not a legend, which is the topic of the thread, to saying she's not successful nicki5

You're saying she doesn't have any moments, while all the things I listed are huge moments, that more than half of the pop girls don't have jj4

Are we really saying that being hugely successful is not part of being a Legend? jj4 Most of the past "moments" that the legends like Madonna had are because they were scandalous at the time or new, but we're not in those times anymore, things have been done again and again, there's can't be always something new, and nothing is really that scandalous anymore. Y'all have a weird standards for some people tbh

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Arya said:

I guess we'll just agree to disagree. I value songwriting a lot and to me the quality of the music is the main factor for someone to be a legend, because I'd rather someone be remembered for their music instead of something that they did, but to each his own. I don't need a mind-blowing performance from everyone, but I recognize that it's an incredible talent to have. Taylor, Bey, etc are not legends to me yet, but they're on their way there, each one of them for a different thing.

Her songwriting ability, she also has more than a couple 1 million+ first selling weeks, huge tour numbers (Rep almost did 400 millions), in 2020 she's one of the few that can actually sell physical albums AND also have huge streaming numbers. As I said before, people excel in different things, just because you don't value her songwriting, it doesn't mean that it's not important. lmfao2

You completely misunderstood me lol, because I completely agree with what you said there. For me what's most important is 100% the music. I'm just saying making great music is not enough for the legend category. You can make great music that has no impact, or has a small following. Like I was saying, being a legend has to do with your impact and legacy, and it's NOT just selling well and making good music that will do that. You have to be unique and do something different (or incredibly well) that others will want to follow in your footsteps and your works (be it songs, productions, albums, lyrics, performances, starting trends, etc.

 

4 hours ago, Arya said:

You're saying she doesn't have any moments, while all the things I listed are huge moments, that more than half of the pop girls don't have jj4

Are we really saying that being hugely successful is not part of being a Legend? jj4 Most of the past "moments" that the legends like Madonna had are because they were scandalous at the time or new, but we're not in those times anymore, things have been done again and again, there's can't be always something new, and nothing is really that scandalous anymore. Y'all have a weird standards for some people tbh



I could go on and on why so many artists from the 90s and before have achieved the status of legendary, and it's not even really about performing. It's impact and legacy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Strobo said:

You completely misunderstood me lol, because I completely agree with what you said there. For me what's most important is 100% the music. I'm just saying making great music is not enough for the legend category. You can make great music that has no impact, or has a small following. Like I was saying, being a legend has to do with your impact and legacy, and it's NOT just selling well and making good music that will do that. You have to be unique and do something different (or incredibly well) that others will want to follow in your footsteps and your works (be it songs, productions, albums, lyrics, performances, starting trends, etc.


I could go on and on why so many artists from the 90s and before have achieved the status of legendary, and it's not even really about performing. It's impact and legacy.

At the end of the day, the reality of things is that everyone has their own opinion. I can somewhat agree with what you're saying, but times are changing, we're getting to a point where nobody is that unique, because things have been done and re-done, again and again. I still believe that in the future Taylor will be considered a Legend for her songwriting, but we'll see.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Vesper said:

I’m trying to think of iconic taylor swift moments... and the only one that pops to mind is Kanye cutting her off. brit9

She'll be like Joni Mitchell, she didn't have iconic moments too but she's considered a legend for her songwriting skills etc. nicki5 You don't need to have iconic moments or outfits or videos or idk to have a legacy. Idk if Taylor Swift will be considered a huge legend as MJ, Madonna, Prince, Whitney etc. in 30 years, but i think she'll have a lot of respect for her "thing" as Joni Mitchell has. nicki5 That doesn't mean i believe Beyonce or Rihanna will be considered bigger legends than Taylor in 30 years too. true1

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

She's in the game for a while now,  it's pretty obvious she will go out as one of the legends of her generation 

No? It takes a lot to be considered a legend. Being popular and having big sales doesn't make you a legend.. She hasn't done anything to deserve that title, not yet at least. She barely has an iconic

tbh she has been one for a while 


  • Browsing now   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×