Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Kristina

Shawn Mendes misgenders Sam Smith, gets dragged on Twitter, apologizes

I don't understand why people get so mad when someone does it unintentionally. Sadly not everyone keeps up with everyone else's pronouns, it's just not realistic. He clearly didn't have bad intentions and didn't do it on purpose.

1 minute ago, Kristina said:

I don't understand why people get so mad when someone does it unintentionally. Sadly not everyone keeps up with everyone else's pronouns, it's just not realistic. He clearly didn't have bad intentions and didn't do it on purpose.

Twatterers love to overreact to everything. 

I completely agree, Shawn didn't do it intentionally.

3 minutes ago, Kristina said:

This, i hate when people come after someone for misgendering when it's not unintentional. Clearly in his case it was as he apologised right away. Not every spends 10 hours a day studying a certain artist and knows everything about them. 

while i'm really glad Shawn apologised and he most definitely meant no harm, there's really no excuse for a pre-recorded introduction to misgender Sam quite a lot of times, all it took was a simple google search into the person you're introducing, especially with the wording of "it slipped my mind" like, Shawn did know their pronouns and still went with it? it would've been really quite easy to record this again once realising his mistake orangu1 in the end Sam seems okay with it so it's not really a big deal, or any of our business, but it still seems pretty questionable overall to me

It's not a big deal to any of us but it might be a big deal for the person in question jj3 it's good that he apologised but maybe do some research...

He obviously didn't mean any harm, but Shawn and his team are still dumbasses for this.

Sam has been VERY open about this for almost a year now, you'd think that Shawn or at least someone from his team would make the slightest bit of effort to actually learn about the person that he (Shawn) was gonna go and make a pre-recorded message about. Slip-ups are normal, I'm guilty of it too and as Sam said we're all learning together, but the fact that dozens of people probably saw this pre-recorded message before it aired and gave it an okay is just rip4 

This whole thing makes Shawn and his team look ignorant and out of touch. They should've known, and they should've done better. 

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.