Jump to content
Snow

Selena to release a Spanish visual album

Recommended Posts

Selena-Gomez-Rare-Behind-The-Scenes-screenshot-2020-billboard-1548-compressed.jpg

Quote

As Gomez plots future releases (she says she has “a whole little vessel of good things coming,” which could include a Spanish-language project), Interscope will abide by that synergistic approach to support whatever comes next for her — album or not. “She’s a businesswoman and a pop star,” says LaMotte, “and all the people who work on Team Selena take that really seriously.”

“It’s nice to know that Rare became what it became for me,” adds Gomez. “And obviously I would like to say that it was the best album that I’ve released so far. But that doesn’t mean that I’m not gonna challenge myself for the next.”

Interscope Chairman/CEO John Janick’s mind is on next year, too. A creative studio has been set up in Miami, and Sony Music U.S. Latin president Nir Seroussi says his department has been “staffing up” for a busy 2021. It will be Interscope’s 30th anniversary, and he’s excited to unveil a revamped, bigger-staffed Geffen Records and to debut an under-wraps Gomez visual project.

x

Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually here for this clap3 This is gonna be pretty cool to see. I'd also love it if she gave her next English album a visual treatment too. 

I think this is probably related to the Spanish collab rumors that's been brewing for months:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GlenCoco said:

Just some parts at 0:5 its her , and they made a lot of memes about this 

Yeah I can believe it, it's not the first time I've seen someone criticize her Spanish rip4 

But if she's confident enough to make an entire album in Spanish then maybe she's gotten better at it, who knows. Most of the notable Spanish Selena material that we've got are from 5-10 years ago after all! true1 I think she said in an interview that she mostly understands it but can't speak it that well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Snow said:

Yeah I can believe it, it's not the first time I've seen someone criticize her Spanish rip4 

But if she's confident enough to make an entire album in Spanish then maybe she's gotten better at it, who knows. Most of the notable Spanish Selena material that we've got are from 5-10 years ago after all! true1 I think she said in an interview that she mostly understands it but can't speak it that well. 

I mean i hope she does, because she is amazing, I do hope her spanish got better, and I think she can pull this off with the right material and training,  I mean if Xtina pulled it off back in 2000 withou her even knowing a sing fuck of spanish I think she could do it right 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GlenCoco said:

I mean i hope she does, because she is amazing, I do hope her spanish got better, and I think she can pull this off with the right material and training,  I mean if Xtina pulled it off back in 2000 withou her even knowing a sing fuck of spanish I think she could do it right 

Exactly! And we know she has a great work ethic so I wouldn't put it past her to serve something great clap3 

The fact that Xtina has Spanish albums is still sending me though rip4 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Snow said:

Exactly! And we know she has a great work ethic so I wouldn't put it past her to serve something great clap3 

The fact that Xtina has Spanish albums is still sending me though rip4 

Yeah I hope she does!

 

and yeah but the xtina album did amazing in Mexico specially Pero Me Acuerdo de Ti still a mexican classic and sitll playing in the radios lol 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, GlenCoco said:

Yeah I hope she does!

 

and yeah but the xtina album did amazing in Mexico specially Pero Me Acuerdo de Ti still a mexican classic and sitll playing in the radios lol 

Ooh, that's very nice actually! Maybe this album could be like that for Selena too clap3 

 

Although I highkey doubt it considering its probably a lot dancier and those kinda songs get old quite fast rip4 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Snow said:

Ooh, that's very nice actually! Maybe this album could be like that for Selena too clap3 

 

Although I highkey doubt it considering its probably a lot dancier and those kinda songs get old quite fast rip4 

well it depends the latin american market is odd, maybe if she does some Ballads or Reggetton songs or Shakira style songs she could have a hit idk

 

but I'm interested to see how things work out 

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Snow said:



The fact that Xtina has Spanish albums is still sending me though rip4 

Well she's in the same bag as Selena. Has heritage in Latin America, spanish sounding last name. Christina's label jumped at the opportunity to have her cross markets with these features rip4

I'm surprised Selena did not do it sooner. Like a full album not some translated singles here and there. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, GlenCoco said:

well it depends the latin american market is odd, maybe if she does some Ballads or Reggetton songs or Shakira style songs she could have a hit idk

 

but I'm interested to see how things work out 

Pretty much. I think Taki Taki was huge in Latin America wasn't it? dead1 

I think some songs will be hits for sure, but I'm just not sure if they'd have the longevity like Xtina's material. Like Taki Taki was massive for example, but I don't see it still getting played on the radio in 10 years. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Gravity said:

Well she's in the same bag as Selena. Has heritage in Latin America, spanish sounding last name. Christina's label jumped at the opportunity to have her cross markets with these features rip4

I'm surprised Selena did not do it sooner. Like a full album not some translated singles here and there. 

Oh, that makes sense. I'm very unfamiliar with Xtina so I never knew she had Latin heritage, but I should've guessed laughcry1 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I mean i hope she does, because she is amazing, I do hope her spanish got better, and I think she can pull this off with the right material and training,  I mean if Xtina pulled it off back in 2000 wi

x

Britney became stiff/robotic after knee-surgery, I can't imagine what Selena's dancing is like now after all those surgeries/medications. 


  • Browsing now   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×