Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Cher

My Top 5 Albums of 2020

1. Lady Gaga-Chromatica

Lady Gaga - Chromatica (Official Album Cover).png

The rollout for this album was messy and it was released at a horrible time, but Chromatica was the escape we needed in 2020. Gaga gave us her best album with this one. There are no complete duds, and the best songs are career highlights.

Top 5: Replay, 911, Rain on Me, Alice, Plastic Doll

2. Taylor Swift-folklore

A greyscale picture of a young woman standing in the woods

Taylor was the last artist I expected a surprise album from, but she gave us an amazing one. Her storytelling is better than ever here, and she switched musical styles while keeping true to herself. This is a masterpiece that will only get better with age.

Top 5: august, betty, the last great american dynasty, exile, illicit affairs

3. Dua Lipa-Future Nostalgia

Dua Lipa driving a car in a cosmos. On top left, there is a moon.

Dua didn't grab me when she first came onto the scene. However, Don't Start Now was my favorite single of 2019 and the lead-up to her sophomore effort was promising. Fortunately she didn't disappoint. An excellent collection of pop songs that are simultaneously retro and modern.

Top 5: Don't Start Now, Levitating, Hallucinate, Break My Heart, Physical

4. Taylor Swift-evermore

A picture of Swift's back. She is wearing braids and a plaid coat. The background is a blurred picture of a forest.

Taylor did it again. While it's not quite as good as folklore, this is another excellent collection of songs that is continuing to get better with each listen. Aaron Dessner and Jack Antonoff are perfect collaborators for Taylor.

Top 5: no body, no crime, willow, tolerate it, coney island, long story short

5. Kylie Minogue-DISCO

Kylie Minogue - Disco.png

I didn't have high hopes for this album because I was underwhelmed by the first two singles. I listened after hearing Real Groove on Studio 2054, and I found out that Kylie gave us her best album since Aphrodite.

Top 5: Real Groove, Miss a Thing, Dance Floor Darling, Supernova, Where Does the DJ Go?

Honorable Mentions

Miley Cyrus - Plastic Hearts.png

I've never been a huge Miley fan, but she impressed me with her new direction and image. It's not quite a classic, but a huge step in the right direction.

Top 3: Prisoner, Night Crawling, Midnight Sky

The Weeknd-After Hours

The Weeknd - After Hours.png

A strong concept album that was unfairly snubbed by the Grammys. I wish there was a bit more sonic variety, but this is still a winner.

Top 3: Blinding Lights, In Your Eyes, Alone Again

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.