Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Snow

BTS' #1 song drops out of Hot 100 after only 3 weeks

And this is the downside to fan push #1s. I totally get the idea of fan campaigning to make it happen, but it's so rare that it's sustainable. Once the goal is reached, the effort plummets on the side of fans to keep it alive. That's why I'd honestly rather my faves have a slow burn #1. A slow crawl to #1 that keeps the song not only stable but alive (like Watermelon Sugar for example) is more valuable in the long run for me than a flash in the pan #1 and embarrassingly large fall the next week. 

Something's gotta be done about these unverifiable site sales. Things like this are happening way too much and people are getting around the rules of it. Forget that #1 is a #1 defense, this was in no way how a #1 song should be acting.

48 minutes ago, Lukas said:

BTS and their fanbase seems a bit sus to me jj2 like they appear with an album or single then disappear after a day jj2 

Well, Dynamite just returned to Top 10 in it's 17th week so there's that. Though, that's probably because they just released a remix for it jj2

It was impressive enough to get it to #1 in the first place imo. To have longevity you obviously need support from radios, playlists, the public etc. Their fanbase is powerful for getting a Korean song to #1 without any support. None of their other Korean songs hit #1, not even Boy With Luv with Halsey

1 hour ago, Snow said:

Well, Dynamite just returned to Top 10 in it's 17th week so there's that. Though, that's probably because they just released a remix for it jj2

that song truly is terrible jj2 It makes me never want to buy a Samsung product ever 

19 minutes ago, Lukas said:

that song truly is terrible jj2 It makes me never want to buy a Samsung product ever 

Can't say I disagree. That song is an absolute abomination. Their biggest hit to date, but also their worst song to date, by far. jj2

2 hours ago, Snow said:

Can't say I disagree. That song is an absolute abomination. Their biggest hit to date, but also their worst song to date, by far. jj2

and apparently written by a tory voter who agrees with the UK government so it gets worse jj2 

On 12/22/2020 at 4:15 AM, Mr. Mendes said:

And this is the downside to fan push #1s. I totally get the idea of fan campaigning to make it happen, but it's so rare that it's sustainable. Once the goal is reached, the effort plummets on the side of fans to keep it alive. That's why I'd honestly rather my faves have a slow burn #1. A slow crawl to #1 that keeps the song not only stable but alive (like Watermelon Sugar for example) is more valuable in the long run for me than a flash in the pan #1 and embarrassingly large fall the next week. 

My sentiments exactly. I'd rather my fave have the chart success of a Blinding Lights or even a Don't Start Now over a #1 song that disappears from the charts in a month or less. Stans have become too obsessed with #1s.

10 hours ago, Lynk said:

My sentiments exactly. I'd rather my fave have the chart success of a Blinding Lights or even a Don't Start Now over a #1 song that disappears from the charts in a month or less. Stans have become too obsessed with #1s.

Honey, one of your faves isn't even making music. brit10

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.