Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Lachlan

REYCISM: Lachlan's 2020 Year-End

IvKsKL1.png?1

Remember me? I don't really care! However, it is tradition that I post a year-end list on this website and I'm not going to let this hellish year go by without doing another. Below you'll find a list of the 40 musical projects that I've loved over the past 12 months. This has honestly been one of my favourite years in music in recent memory, hence why there are so many projects listed.

40-21

40-21 are listed in alphabetical order because after the top 20, ranking them felt like too much of a chore and they all contain some of my favourite tracks of the year. There's a handful of projects I only got around listening to as of late - had I not been lazy, some of these might have been in the top 20.

img%5D

20-1

And here is the top 20! I've put my trinity for each album in a spoiler below if you care enough.

Spoiler

20. how i'm feeling now / Charli XCX - forever, claws, enemy

19. Miss Anthropocene / Grimes - Darkseid, Delete Forever, Violence

18. Petals for Armour / Hayley Williams - Why We Ever, Pure Love, Sugar on the Rim

17. Notes on a Conditional Form / The 1975 - Jesus Christ 2005 God Bless America, Tonight (I Wish I Was Your Boy), If You're Too Shy (Let Me Know)

16. Women In Music Pt. III / HAIM - The Steps, I Know Alone, 3am

15. DISCO / Kylie Minogue - Miss a Thing, Say Something, Dance Floor Darling

14. Fetch the Bolt Cutters / Fiona Apple - I Want You to Love Me, Shameika, Under the Table

13. The Ascension / Sufjan Stevens - Make Me An Offer I Cannot Refuse, Tell Me Love You Me, Sugar

12. Colour Theory / Soccer Mommy - circle the drain, yellow is the colour of her eyes, night swimming

11. Punisher / Phoebe Bridgers - Halloween, Graceland Too, I Know the End

10. After Hours / The Weeknd - Alone Again, Hardest to Love, After Hours

9. Shabrang / Sevdaliza - All Rivers at Once, Darkest Hour, No Way

8. Roisin Machine / Roisin Murphy - Murphy's Law, Incapable, Jealousy

7. In a Dream / Troye Sivan - Take Yourself Home, Easy, STUD

6. Chromatica / Lady Gaga - Alice, Replay, Babylon

5. Future Nostalgia / Dua Lipa - Physical, Hallucinate, Love Again

4. Set My Heart on Fire Immediately / Perfume Genius - Whole Life, Describe, On the Floor

3. evermore / Taylor Swift - happiness, cowboy like me, evermore

2. What's Your Pleasure? / Jessie Ware - Spotlight, In Your Eyes, Mirage (Don't Stop)

1. folklore / Taylor Swift - mirrorball, august, this is me trying

rHObROl.png

brit9 at the #1 and some albums here and there but otherwise a slay! actually surprised that Traumatica and Future Nostalgia aren't your top 2 but I'm in full agreement with Jessie being up there too. Lowkey expected Positions, Sin Miedo and Plastic Hearts making your top 20 too but I'm okay with either of the non-Sin Miedo ones not making it lmao

1 hour ago, Entea said:

Please explain rav2

Explain what? ari7

10 hours ago, Hunty Bear said:

brit9 at the #1 and some albums here and there but otherwise a slay! actually surprised that Traumatica and Future Nostalgia aren't your top 2 but I'm in full agreement with Jessie being up there too. Lowkey expected Positions, Sin Miedo and Plastic Hearts making your top 20 too but I'm okay with either of the non-Sin Miedo ones not making it lmao

Positions was cute and I've bopped to it a bit but it's nowhere near her best so it can stay out of the top 20. ari7 And as I said, FN and Chromatica are my most played but that's mostly because they're just so easy to listen to compared to something like SMOHI which is a bit more of a mood album.

Welcome back, Lachlan. 

Surprised to see Laura Marling's album there because, despite being a big fan, this album didn't click on me at all. I thought the songs were very samey and lacked Laura's diverse melodies throughout songs. 

7 hours ago, saiga said:

Welcome back, Lachlan. 

Surprised to see Laura Marling's album there because, despite being a big fan, this album didn't click on me at all. I thought the songs were very samey and lacked Laura's diverse melodies throughout songs. 

I actually have never really listened to Laura's music before so I don't have anything to compare it to. I did really like it though.

3 hours ago, Andres said:

kinda surprised you loved Folklore / Evermore so much oprah5 gr8 list overall

Not even ashamed atp she killed it. oprah5

11 minutes ago, Lachlan said:

I actually have never really listened to Laura's music before so I don't have anything to compare it to. I did really like it though.

Oop I see! While we're at it, I highly  recommend her album "I Speak Because I Can". A masterpiece! whit1 

2 hours ago, Teenage Wet Dream said:

Oh wow what a great list!!! We have lots in common between our lists antm1 

Actually checking out the Avalanches now. 

Avalanches was something I went into with 0 expectations, but I think the mid-through-second half of the album is especially groovy.

On 12/30/2020 at 10:16 PM, Lachlan said:

Avalanches was something I went into with 0 expectations, but I think the mid-through-second half of the album is especially groovy.

They never disappoint. Their debut is a classic clap3 

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.