Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Shawn's Slave

Kai's Best Obscure Songs of 2020 That You Might Not Have Heard

Lm4blwx.png

I decided to do a list of songs that might be obscure, or discovered by accident or as recommedations from other members.

@Ghostface also forced me to promote his fave songs, for my personal safety, I have no choice but to comply. oOELqQt.jpg

In no particular order:

qwM6jEC.png

Fun fact, I thought this artist was half African and half Japanese because of her beautiful eyes and Japanese name, but @Ghostface told me she is 100% African descent and the last name was inspired by a character/person from the TV Show, "Hero" fall4

Spoiler

kjc7NSn.png

Was really reluctant to listen to this due to @Ghostface's previous recommendations that made my ears bleed such as "Melt!" by Kelly Lee Owens. But after listening to it, this was a futuristic BOP.

Spoiler

jXT5cft.png

Spoiler

W1qVyGa.png

Recommended by @Mr. Mendes, an instant bop that stuck in my mind and I listened to it for 30 times in one night.

Spoiler

i6cz9o2.png

Spoiler

hnaOQAX.png

Spoiler

Z7yA6pn.png

Spoiler

ojR3zqv.png

aka @Ghostface

Spoiler

Qr0x9Ru.png

Spoiler

gAHFza1.png

Spoiler

Cp386EC.jpg

Spoiler

WZLM9hr.png

Spoiler

6i7AA9j.png

Of course no list is complete without AVA MAXSUS' Born To The Night, the Heaven & Hell album is way better than any album of 2020 except for folklore & evermore, I wrote what I wrote. clap1

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, Kai said:

Declan's album is pretty high on your list which I agree with jj2

Period, I've played the shit out of Zeroes this year. 151 times at last update according to Last.fm klnjbkm

19 minutes ago, Mr. Mendes said:

Period, I've played the shit out of Zeroes this year. 151 times at last update according to Last.fm klnjbkm

151 on last fm means number of times you played a song from that album not the album as a whole (if you didn't know, if you do ignore me sorry)

And 151 isn't a lot actually. 

I played it 599 times and it's in my top played of the last year but my top played album is treat myself from meghan trainor.

It's at (more than cos of the deluxe [94]) 1,147 plays. I'd also include the Unreleased (a lot we have, the love train (200+ in the past 3 months), and the 2018 original pre singles too once they're all from the sessions that spawned the album after a span of 3/4 years worth of recording. 

2 hours ago, Kai said:

ojR3zqv.png

Wouldn't necessarily call this song obscure since it was a top 40 hit and is all over Tik Tok. It's a good song though so I can;t complain too much

1 hour ago, Chris Morlock said:

151 on last fm means number of times you played a song from that album not the album as a whole (if you didn't know, if you do ignore me sorry)

And 151 isn't a lot actually. 

I played it 599 times and it's in my top played of the last year but my top played album is treat myself from meghan trainor.

It's at (more than cos of the deluxe [94]) 1,147 plays. I'd also include the Unreleased (a lot we have, the love train (200+ in the past 3 months), and the 2018 original pre singles too once they're all from the sessions that spawned the album after a span of 3/4 years worth of recording. 

oooh gotcha. I have heard it a ton though because I do also play the vinyl quite frequently. 

ny6

I am glad you were able to come around and understand the beauty behind those songs. Your neighbour @Lachlan didn't disappoint either, but I actually didn't have doubts there. jj2

I have discovered Surf Mesa with MTV's help since they have played ily enough amount of times for me to catch it at one moment. ny5

Now, we should see which other obscure choices make you listen to next. ny4

6 hours ago, Ghostface said:

ny6

I am glad you were able to come around and understand the beauty behind those songs. Your neighbour @Lachlan didn't disappoint either, but I actually didn't have doubts there. jj2

I have discovered Surf Mesa with MTV's help since they have played ily enough amount of times for me to catch it at one moment. ny5

Now, we should see which other obscure choices make you listen to next. ny4

Do you live in the 90's and early 2000's? Nobody watches MTV anymore fall4

54 minutes ago, Teenage Wet Dream said:

Celebrate You is one of Disco's best cuts! 

I agree! Glad there is someone who recognise this bop!

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.