Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Snow

'Evermore' & 'Fine Line' battling for No. 1 in the UK

taylor-swift-harry-styles-1100.jpg?width=796&mode=stretch

Taylor Swift and Harry Styles have emerged as the front runners for this week’s UK Number 1 album with their respective collections Evermore and Fine Line.

With the Christmas spirit departing the Official Albums Chart, some of the most popular albums to soundtrack 2020 are being revisited, with a flurry of high climbers and re-entries populating the Top 40. Taylor Swift’s ninth studio album Evermore leads the race for Number 1 on Friday and looks set to secure a second non-consecutive week at the top spot. Evermore became Taylor’s sixth Number 1 album in December, helping her surpass Madonna as the female artist to rack up six chart-topping albums in the quickest time.

Harry Styles’ second album Fine Line is on course for a new peak position of Number 2. The collection has garnered renewed attention following the release of new single Treat People With Kindness, the video for which stars Fleabag actress Phoebe Waller-Bridge.

Dua Lipa’s Future Nostalgia holds at Number 3, Little Mix are standing firm at Number 4 with Confetti, and the best-selling album of all-time Queen’s Greatest Hits lifts three to Number 5, potentially its highest chart position since January 1982.

x

2 hours ago, Snow said:

Harry Styles’ second album Fine Line is on course for a new peak position of Number 2.

Wow, I thought the album at least went to #1 shock1

1 hour ago, Entea said:

Wow, I thought the album at least went to #1 shock1

Me too but apparently not rip4 it debuted and peaked at #3.

Though it shouldn't be too surprising considering the album looked like it was gonna tank at first. Lead single freefalling, second single being a lukewarm sleeper hit, third single missing the Top 10. It wasn't until Watermelon Sugar the era gained traction dead1 

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.