Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Ruthless Love

Berlin's Terri Nunn Apologizes for Performing at Mar-a-Lago NYE Party

berlin-press-2019-cr-Louis-Rodiger-billboard-1548-compressed.jpg

Terri Nunn of the band Berlin issued an apology on Monday (Jan. 4) after she received backlash for performing at a New Year’s Eve party at Donald J. Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort in Palm Beach, Florida.

In a statement shared to Facebook, the singer explained that she was unaware of the lack of COVID-19 protocols at the event, and that she did not perform in support of the Republican party. "I am truly sorry I performed at Mar-a-Lago and would not have done so if I'd known what I learned while I was there," Nunn wrote. "My goal in performing was not to support a political party. I see now that that's not the way it appeared and I am apologetic for that as well."

Taylor Dayne, Vanilla Ice and the touring edition of the Beach Boys also performed at the party, and Nunn shared her disapproval towards Florida's handling of the pandemic.

"The contract stated it was a small Covid-safe event for the members of Mar-a-Lago," she explained. "Unfortunately it was not Covid-safe anywhere in Florida. I had no idea masks and social distancing were not required. I thought I was current on all Covid news everywhere, but clearly I was not. I was shocked by Florida and Mar-a-Lago's lack of regard for the pandemic and if I'd known I would never have gone. Once I fulfilled my contractual obligation, I left the event as quickly as I could. It is a mistake I regret."

After revealing that her recent coronavirus test came back negative, she concluded with a message to her LGBTQ+ fans, who felt betrayed, especially since Nunn often performs at Pride festivals. "My apologies to those in the LGBTQ community who thought my performance was a statement against them. I have been and always will be fully supportive."

Berlin's David Diamond also released a statement, noting that Nunn performed at the event solo and that it was not a band appearance. "I spent the evening at my home in #Truckee," he shared.

x

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.