Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Ruthless Love

"Caillou" Cancelled at PBS Kids (as Parents Everywhere Rejoice)

Caillou-Cancelled.png

Parenting triumphs are few and far between during the pandemic, but news that Caillou will no longer be on the air is being well-received by moms and dads far and wide.

PBS Kids announced on social media Tuesday that the much-maligned animated series, which has centered on its precocious 4-year-old namesake and his family for more than two decades, will be no more. The public television network even offered viewers coping tips on how to tell young fans about the cancellation. Instead of sadness, the news sparked cheers of snarky joy from adult detractors on social media.

“Thank goodness,” cheered Liza Cummings Reilly on Facebook. “That little boy was so rude to his mom and disobedient. I didn’t allow my kids to watch him because of that reason.”

One mother commented that Caillou is an “obnoxious, ridiculous excuse for a kid’s show.” And yet another described the show as “the most annoying thing on TV.”

x

as a kid who grew up w/ PBS, I  still can't believe they even aired this trash in the first place. If I wanted to see a white boy be annoying I could've just switch to ABC and watch Suppernanny  dead7

bey12 Trump lost an election and Callou cancelled... Age of Aquarius is working bey12

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.