Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Wonder

US Capitol on Lock Down as Protestors Break Into Capitol Building

2 minutes ago, Simón. said:

Not Trump saying he loves the protesters but they should go home  and still claiming the elections was a fraud rip4 

The absolutely lack of trying to even pretend he cares is fucking sending me. It should be making me angry but i am just absolutely collapsing.

I feel like I’m feel like I’m watching a loved one get assaulted.

As an American who understands the significance of our country in the annals of liberal democracy, this is a humiliating moment.

And sad.

But luckily, as I have said every day since Trump lost: were very fortunate that these people aren’t very smart, and don’t know how to execute a coup.

They think it’s 1789 — but what they’re going to get is a rubber bullet and a decades long prison sentence.

Here’s what we know: 

1.) All 535 Members of Congress are safe, including Speaker Pelosi and Senator McConnell.

2.) The physical electoral votes are safe.

3.) Congress will reconvene “at once” to finish the process, by the end of the night. Whether or not this is on Capital Hill, or in a back up location, is unclear — but most members of Congress are pissed and will finish this. 

4.) The National Guard will have restored order by the end of the night.

Luckily, it looks like America will survive its first coup attempt — we were fortunate to have it undertaken by idiots.

So like....where does the GOP go from here? How could they even begin to recover from something like this? Did we just see the end of conservatism, at least as we know it, today?

17 minutes ago, Cl Cq Cr Cd Cy Cm Ca Cu Co said:

girl ikr.. can't wait for Susan Collins to say that she's concerned 

giphy.gif

plsss dead2

Just now, Mr. Mendes said:

So like....where does the GOP go from here? How could they even begin to recover from something like this? Did we just see the end of conservatism, at least as we know it, today?

I've always told myself that the Republican Party should have died and be reborn in 2012. That is where their identity crisis began. This country has an obsession with holding to broken thing for dear life so it will be years when the GOP will find its new identity, whether it is the typical "christian 1950s nuclear family is the bestest " or whether it will go a whole other way and embrace the MAGA/QAnon fringe right [not surprised if this occurs ]

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.