Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Mrs. Puff

My Top 30 Songs/Top 15 Albums of 2011 (Song & Album #1 Posted!)

Songs: #20 Niggas in Paris

That shit cray. Who couldn't love a song that uses lines from a Will Ferrell comedy(Blades of Glory)?

"I don't even know what that means"

"No one knows what it means but its provocative"

"No it's not..."

"It gets the people GOING"

Basically sums up the song tbh.

Albums: #11 Kanye West & Jay-Z - Watch the Throne

tumblr_lvsk89E30a1r7jssyo1_500.jpg

Yeah these 2 have HUGE....egos, and, at times, they are a welcome presence, like on this album. This easily could have been a messy vanity project or a dull, forgettable bust (The Best of Both Worlds, the other Jay-Z collab album, with R. Kelly), but it is not; it is a fun, cohesive effort that is quite enjoyable, even for the casual rap fan. Fave tracks: Lift Off, Niggas in Paris, Who Gon' Stop Me, Made in America.

nicki02

Songs: #19 Ke$ha - Blow

Ke$ha doesn't get much respect by anyone other than her fans but she does put out some great pop hits in my honest opinion. I love this video, unicorn heads, Dawson from the Creek, rainbow lasers, glitter, my kind of party tbh.

Songs: #18 Maroon 5 feat. Christina Aguilera - Moves Like Jagger

Ha, some people thought this would be first ny7.gif' alt='ny6'> Maybe if it was Christina feat. Maroon 5 and retitled Moves Like Xtina xtina1

Albums: #10 Natalia Kills - Perfectionist

tumblr_ltwsiihKjx1qla8pno1_cover.jpg

This album was a Code Yellow mega bomb, debuting at #134 in the US then quickly disappearing, it makes Bionic's chart run look envious, however, the album is quite a delicious slice of dark pop pie (mmm pie). More than half of the songs sound like they could be radio hits to me, but it just never happened for Natalia. She tried, harder than Gretchen tried to make fetch happen, it just didn't work out for her. My favorite tracks: Break You Hard, Mirrors, Broke, Love Is a Suicide, Wonderland.

Songs: #17 Kanye West featuring Rihanna, Kid Cudi, & Fergie - All of the Lights

This song is like the perfectly blended musical cocktail, there are 14 guests featured on the album, including Elton John, Alicia Keys, and La Roux. Fergie's part slays me(mainly because I'm dying for a 2nd solo album from her), even though she is left out of the video and radio edit versions of the song +rolleyes+ she is still my favorite part. So.. yeah, Kanye layered all of these vocalists together flawlessly, I wouldn't be surprised if this won a Grammy or 2 in February.

I still can't get over how one of the descriptions is always absurd and the other is embarrassed by the first and acts like it didn't happen. ny2

Anyway, yes! Perfectionist was surprisingly good! I adored Acid Annie.

I still can't get over how one of the descriptions is always absurd and the other is embarrassed by the first and acts like it didn't happen. ny2

Anyway, yes! Perfectionist was surprisingly good! I adored Acid Annie.

other-people_o_GIFSoupcom-1.gif

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.