Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Atlantis Princess

Xtina singles that deserved to be bigger hits?

Dirrty was definitely done dirty and should have been one of THE hype songs of the 2000s true1

Can't hold us down should have also been a global feminist anthem because it's honestly one of the best songs of that kind lyrically. true1

The Voice Within should have been Beautiful level of hit since I think it's the better song. But then again if it happened we would all get sick of it so maybe not. true1

What are your picks?

1 minute ago, Kai said:

Nobody Wants To Be Lonely

Hurt

You Lost Me

We Remain

Anywhere But Here

Hoy Tengo Ganas De Ti

Telepathy

Accelerate

eNRnX6j.gif

NWTBL should have never happened. 

We remain, Anywhere but here (idek this song) no1curr

Telepathy...is that even a full song and single?

Accelerate maybe.

The rest I agree true1

Dirrty was huge internationally tho. I was shocked to see how low it charted in the US. But despite that, it was extremly impactful there too. It's still one of her best known songs to this day, + it provided the blueprint for 2000s pop girls sexing it up. moo1

This is a common theme for her tho. For example ANOM performed way better than Candyman at the time, but nowadays Candyman is way more remembered. (just look at the YT viewcount) Same thing with Fighter and Hurt (although Hurt did well in Europe). Didn't chart that high, but everybody who knows a little bit about Christina knows them.

Anyway, some actual flops by her that seriously deserved to smash are Your Body, Fall In Line and Telepathy. As far as collabs go Tilt Ya Head Back and Tell Me.

3 hours ago, Kai said:

Yes, it's a full song:

eNRnX6j.gif

Ohh slay, let me listen I always thought the song was only that short clip on YouTube 

2 hours ago, Kirjava said:

Dirrty was huge internationally tho. I was shocked to see how low it charted in the US. But despite that, it was extremly impactful there too. It's still one of her best known songs to this day, + it provided the blueprint for 2000s pop girls sexing it up. moo1

Anyway, some actual flops by her that seriously deserved to smash are Your Body, Fall In Line and Telepathy. As far as collabs go Tilt Ya Head Back and Tell Me.

Yes it should've been bigger in the US. I remember reading that it was #1 on TRL but flopped on billboard so clearly people were loving the video and song. The WAP of the 2000s  cry4

Also yess at Tilt Ya Head Back  cry6 

Tell Me is actually quite big in Europe. I at least heard it in stores and radio as early as last year brit16

2 hours ago, Atlantis Princess said:

Tell Me is actually quite big in Europe. I at least heard it in stores and radio as early as last year brit16

Really? I haven't even heard of that song until I became an Xtina stan. moo1

Just now, GlenCoco said:

katy8 i'm not shading love the song and the song deserved more, but PerezHilton ruined this era 

Oh, I thought you were making fun of the comparisons the NMT music vid got with Bad Romance moo1 Are you? cheryl1

3 minutes ago, Kirjava said:

Oh, I thought you were making fun of the comparisons the NMT music vid got with Bad Romance moo1 Are you? cheryl1

Nah, I was just joking ari3 

if you aske me 

NMST >> BR

25 minutes ago, GlenCoco said:

Nah, I was just joking ari3 

if you aske me 

NMST >> BR

They're both iconic in their own way. moo1

But yeah, the comparisons were ridiculous. dead2 If anything, she was copying Madge's music vid for Human Nature. aretha1 But Xtina openly admitted to being inspired by Madonna in the BTS footage of NMT, so the comparisons were pointless.

Dirrty was a HUGE hit worldwide, except in the USA, so I'm only counting it because it should have smashed in her country. If that song would have been released by a male artist back in the day it would have been #1. Hipocrisy.

Can't Hold Us Down was a hit but not a smash, it definitely deserved better to one of the BIGGER anthems in pop history. 

Fighter should have been bigger than it was, it did well, but deserved better

Candyman of course, it's one of her most memorable songs to date, it really only was a hit in Australia. What a blasphemy.

Not myself Tonight though it wasn't the best option for a single

Your Body deserved way better

Also Accelerate and Fall in Line

Telepathy was never an official single and it doesn't have a proper video so I don't count it

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.