Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

LÉON

How problematic would your fave have to be for you to unstan?

I know there's probably a few people on here who stan for alleged child prodigy molester Michael Jackson, alleged nappy fetish enabler Melanie Martinez and alleged seething rape sympathiser Nicki Minaj to name but a few.

Meanwhile, we have Nose Peepa spreading Chemtrails Over the Covid Club with her random vacations while she's dating an anti-vaxxer, and Lana is digging herself into more holes lately than the graves she robbed to satisfy her daddy crush urges.

But we still have sections for some of these, so what would a fave have to do for you to unstan?

Being/being close to (someone like) dr luke true1

Before y'all come for me for listening to Melanie

Spoiler

After Heller's original tweet, she told the magazine, "I started sobbing when I saw [Melanie] was calling me, and I blocked her." She also claimed that Martinez attempted to call Heller's boyfriend and texted him several times seeking to get in touch with Heller, whom Martinez said she had recently dreamed about. "Her fans see her as this angel who understands them," Heller told Newsweek. "So I assumed no one was going to take me seriously if I explained what she did. I've been reading all the #metoo stories, and though I'm obviously in support of the people coming forward, I wasn't sure if my story of being assaulted fit."

www.billboard.com/amp/articles/columns/pop/8062552/melanie-martinez-rape-accuser-heller-speaks

Giving Melanie the benefit of the doubt that she was calling her to try to talk things out to see if she could help her herself being the one accused. Although if I was in her shoes I would have ignored Mel too. But if someone close to me was being reached out to about it I would like them to at least listen for me to decide if I should hear it or not. Depending on the event in question specifically. 

It doesn't connect with Keshas since it's been years of abuse after the rape and several other attacks like saying she's a 'fat fucking refrigerator' or causing her to starve herself in 2013 (her mom on the left dead1 )

kesha-amas-2013-red-carpet-600b-compress

I wanted to unstan Xtina so many times simply for being lazy and not doing anything. But then she always slay live performances and my stan card is renewed. cry0

If she starts Xtine Beauty or something, I would unstan, I'm here to stan musicians, not beauty gurus or shoemakers.

1 minute ago, Kai said:

I wanted to unstan Xtina so many times simply for being lazy and not doing anything. But then she always slay live performances and my stan card is renewed. cry0

If she starts Xtine Beauty or something, I would unstan, I'm here to stan musicians, not beauty gurus or shoemakers.

Spoiler

christinaaguileraoreo1.png

8 minutes ago, Kai said:

I thought it was fake dead2dead2 Why does the UK call it "crisps"?

Reveal hidden contents

9wx0eczdqkb41.jpg

Because we invented English and you lot all changed it. dead2

Slaying the choreography. mad11

Spoiler

It doesnt take much for me to unstan like murder or smth like that.

If they make homophobic/sexist/insensitive and problematic comments turn me off real fast off an artist or person in general.

If any of my faves ever said the things Lana is saying right now they would make me uncomfortable to stan listen to their music. I'm already kinda turned off Lana's music even though I absolutely loved her last album. It's hard for me to separate the person from the artist because there's a bit of both in each one of them. 

13 minutes ago, Atlantis Princess said:

If any of my faves ever said the things Lana is saying right now they would make me uncomfortable to stan listen to their music. I'm already kinda turned off Lana's music even though I absolutely loved her last album. It's hard for me to separate the person from the artist because there's a bit of both in each one of them. 

People are doing the absolute most with Lana. Just because yall lack the intellect to actually listen to or read what she‘s saying and rather believe the snippets stan twitter is taking out of context to intentionally tear her down (like they do with every white pop girl), doesn’t mean she’s anywhere near the level of "problematic" like Nicki Minaj. Nicki is being hailed by stan twitter as "comedy queen" and the same goes for Cardi both of which have enganged in and enabled extremely problematic behavior and criminal activity.

Like...no. You can’t tell me that Lana saying Trump lacks the empathy and mental capacity to understand the effect of his actions (which is the truth knowing he‘s a damn narcissist and sociopath with an IQ that is far below 100) is more problematic than Cardi drugging and robbing people or hiring people to beat someone up, as well as Nicki marrying an accused rapist/murderer and sympathizing with the likes of him.

11 minutes ago, Madonna said:

People are doing the absolute most with Lana. Just because yall lack the intellect to actually listen to or read what she‘s saying and rather believe the snippets stan twitter is taking out of context to intentionally tear her down (like they do with every white pop girl), doesn’t mean she’s anywhere near the level of "problematic" like Nicki Minaj. Nicki is being hailed by stan twitter as "comedy queen" and the same goes for Cardi both of which have enganged in and enabled extremely problematic behavior and criminal activity.

Like...no. You can’t tell me that Lana saying Trump lacks the empathy and mental capacity to understand the effect of his actions (which is the truth knowing he‘s a damn narcissist and sociopath with an IQ that is far below 100) is more problematic than Cardi drugging and robbing people or hiring people to beat someone up, as well as Nicki marrying an accused rapist/murderer and sympathizing with the likes of him.

It may not be problematic for you but it is personally uncomfortable for me. You don't get to decide how people feel.

If comments like "as bad it was the Trump administration needed to happen" doesn't make you rethink some things about her idk what to tell you. 

And I don't believe for a second that Trump doesn't have the mental capacity to understand what he's doing. He knows exactly what he's doing, you don't become a president and attract millions of followers by being a dumbfuck. He has an ideology - a fascist ideology more specifically - that he has propagated ever since his first speech for the elections in 2016. His calculating and pandering actions have created the environment where neo nazis, white supremacists, facists are comfortable enough to hold rallies in public and not be ashamed of actually trying to overturn democracy. 

I don't care what Nicki and Cardi do cause I don't stan them.

People denying that Trump is actually complicit in what he's doing on a global scale and refusing to put responsibility on him is more problematic to me than being a thief or making wrong choices in your life because ultimately it doesn't affect me. The events in the US affect everyone.

I would have unstanned Nicki for her shit if I had liked her in the first place.

Dula Peep traveling during COVID is annoying but nothing I would unstan for. 

Idk it'd have be pretty serious or something that really combats my ideological stances. 

13 hours ago, Atlantis Princess said:

It may not be problematic for you but it is personally uncomfortable for me. You don't get to decide how people feel.

If comments like "as bad it was the Trump administration needed to happen" doesn't make you rethink some things about her idk what to tell you. 

And I don't believe for a second that Trump doesn't have the mental capacity to understand what he's doing. He knows exactly what he's doing, you don't become a president and attract millions of followers by being a dumbfuck. He has an ideology - a fascist ideology more specifically - that he has propagated ever since his first speech for the elections in 2016. His calculating and pandering actions have created the environment where neo nazis, white supremacists, facists are comfortable enough to hold rallies in public and not be ashamed of actually trying to overturn democracy. 

I don't care what Nicki and Cardi do cause I don't stan them.

People denying that Trump is actually complicit in what he's doing on a global scale and refusing to put responsibility on him is more problematic to me than being a thief or making wrong choices in your life because ultimately it doesn't affect me. The events in the US affect everyone.

Now, I'm not going to defend everything that Lana's said because she has crossed a line a few times.

But I will say that in a few specific instances, especially her Trump comments, that while it's often not the correct way for her to say it by any stretch of the imagination, the points she's attempting to make are valid. Through Trump's entire administration she has been openly critical of him, extremely vocal about how dangerous he is. But that's been totally ignored because of recent comments that have been taken both out of context on the part of the public and worded the wrong way on the part of Lana. I understand why it may make you uncomfortable, but it is worth reading all of what she says and assessing her whole history on the subject rather than the little snippets that get pulled out for social media. But I do absolutely get why you'd be uncomfortable, I'm not saying that what you're feeling on her is invalid, just that there's more to the story than what you're hitting on. 

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.