Sign in to follow this  

Things You Admire About Artists You’re Not a Fan Of

What are some things that you admire or are appreciative of about artists that you’re not a fan of? 

For me, I’m not at all a Mariah fan but I do greatly admire her raw talent and her ability to translate the songs written for her into something so uniquely her that it doesn’t seem like anyone else was involved. It takes a special skill to express someone else’s words so genuinely (as I’ve found being an actor) and she has it in spades. 

I’m also not a fan of Cardi but WAP gave me a new admiration for her willingness to put herself and her reputation on the line to do something she really believes in. 

53 minutes ago, Mr. Mendes said:

I’m also not a fan of Cardi but WAP gave me a new admiration for her willingness to put herself and her reputation on the line to do something she really believes in. 

I wish we were in Battlegrounds right now because this sent me over the edge lmfao2

31 minutes ago, Venom said:

I wish we were in Battlegrounds right now because this sent me over the edge lmfao2

I mean look she didn't go into making WAP with that intention, I know that. But she very well could've backed down or backtracked when all of the controversy started. She didn't. She stuck to her guns, defended her work, and made several valid points about why the controversy was stupid and how it was a clear double standard. It wasn't the easy way out that a lot of people would've taken in that situation. 

Beyonce - work ethics.

Rihanna - doesn't make the same types of sounds

Mariah - she has a nice voice and can sing really well

Gaga - can sing live and can serve visuals

Katy - she serves in Music videos... but not lately...

I admire Taylor for releasing albums consistently, even when writing all(?) of her own music. She doesn’t keep her fans waiting for too long. 

24 minutes ago, Kristina said:

I admire Taylor for releasing albums consistently, even when writing all(?) of her own music. She doesn’t keep her fans waiting for too long. 

This. I think I only liked Reputation from her, but can't really get into her other albums, but I do admire her talent and releasing two albums during this pandemic? Whew! Meanwhile some rats take forever to release anything. creep1

Azelia Banks, she's hella talented, her music is fun and diverse and I do give her credit for that. Only if she wasn't so problematic every two second. 

Miley and Madonna's unapologetic nature

Lana is really beautiful

Gaga and Beyonce can perform really well

Britney's personality

Christina's music