Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Snow

Australia to execute a pigeon

AP_21014213005140.jpg?resize=770%2C513

A racing pigeon named Joe has survived an extraordinary 13,000-kilometer (8,000-mile) Pacific Ocean crossing from the United States to find a new home in Australia. Now authorities consider the bird a quarantine risk and plan to kill it.

Melbourne resident Kevin Celli-Bird says he found the pigeon in his back garden on 26 December. "He was pretty emaciated so I crushed up a dry biscuit and left it out there for him," he told the AP news agency. Some internet research led Mr Celli-Bird to discover that the bird, which is registered to an owner in Alabama, was last seen during a pigeon race in the western US state of Oregon.

But after news of Joe's appearance made headlines in Australia, Mr Celli-Bird was contacted by officials concerned about the threat of infection. "Regardless of its origin, any domesticated bird that has not met import health status and testing requirements is not permitted to remain in Australia," a department spokesperson said in a statement. "The only possible outcome to manage the biosecurity risk is humane destruction of the bird."

Experts suspect the pigeon that Celli-Bird has named Joe, after the U.S. president-elect, hitched a ride on a cargo ship to cross the Pacific.

x

8 minutes ago, Snow said:

DOVESCO tanked ny8

Where Does The Pigeon Go? DEATH ROW! ny8

Wait what rip2?

Are these Killy Pigeogue songs or what? ny8

If I had to do it all again

I wouldn't save a single wing ny8

1 minute ago, LÉON said:

Wait what rip2?

Are these Killy Pigeogue songs or what? ny8

If I had to do it all again

I wouldn't save a single wing ny8

Indeed they are, Dovesco is Disco brit16 and you better get acquainted with this gay nightclub smash:

14 minutes ago, Snow said:

I blame Kylie Minogue ny8

ny6

The real culprit has commented right above you and in a cruel way just like xenomorphs like @Kaicon do. I suppose they blame pigeons, because pigeons aren't well rounded carriers for that species. ny5

1 minute ago, Ghostface said:

ny6

The real culprit has commented right above you and in a cruel way just like xenomorphs like @Kaicon do. I suppose they blame pigeons, because pigeons aren't well rounded carriers for that species. ny5

Nnnnn, not the "Nicest Member" winner pretending to be nice in public. But in PM you were all about being carnivore and omnivores. rih1

1 minute ago, Ghostface said:

ny6

I can confirm that @Kai intentionally brought this pigeon to Australia so it'd get killed. I was the cargo ship they both hitchhiked on. true1 

4 minutes ago, Snow said:

Indeed they are, Dovesco is Disco brit16 and you better get acquainted with this gay nightclub smash:

Gorl rip2 I have heard that one but I was going for Killy classiques like Bird Is Out

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.