Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Snow

Will Olivia Rodrigo be a one hit wonder?

Probably another one hit wonder. She'll never live up to expectations as everything will be compared to this fluke of a song. If she does, good on her but I just don't see it happening at all

She's on the same label as Billie Eilish, her not having another "Bad Guy" straight away is a good thing as it stops her being over exposed plus she has a growing fanbase, her charting has been fairly stable and it's not as if her more recent stuff has flopped. Therefor I Am has done quite well. I still think with Billie she's yet to peak. 

Olivia it's hard to say, it does seem that the success of the song is very much down the label push rather than an authentic smash.

40 minutes ago, Atlantis Princess said:

None of the songs not on her debut album did as well and had as much longetivity lbh. Everything she released since then has been front loaded. 

That's not totally true. Bad Guy does lead with 6m in sales. But, When the Party's Over, Bury a Friend, and Everything I Wanted all three are in the 3-4x platinum range which while not being as big as Bad Guy are still bigger sales than almost any of her peers single wise. Not to mention all three of those songs peaked after their debut and EIW especially had a ton of chart longevity, being in the top 10 or right close to it for a few months. Then looking at streaming, WTPO also is sitting with Bad Guy at over a billion streams. Bury a Friend and EIW are both getting close to a billion as well. So really, Bad Guy's only real leverage is being a #1. Other than that, most of her singles are all consistently hitting these high marks, putting her miles ahead of her peers. 

2 hours ago, Urbi said:

Smells like an industry plant to me and we all know how they flop to oblivion after successful single / album gag1 

this. I hav never seen a desperate attempt by a label to break records with a song that is only 2  hours old 

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.