Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

naval23

Nelly's "Loose" Appreciation Thread

Image result for nelly furtado loose

The album was a huge worldwide smash and went on to sell 8 million copies worldwide. It peaked at #1 in the US and is certified 2x platinum for sales of 2,000,000.

Europe:
#1 - 10 weeks (non-consecutive) - even #1 over a year after its release!
Top 2 - 26 weeks
Top 10 - 49 weeks
Year-End: #1 (2007), #13 (2006), #92 (2008)

European Top 100 Albums run: 3-4-4-5-5-4-4-2-2-2-2-4-8-8-15-18-20-25-25-31-34-38-33-32-24-17-13-6-5-3-1-2-1-3-4-2-2-2-1-1-1-1-1-1-2-2-2-2-3-3-8-6-7-8-2-1-1-2-2-2-4-6-11-14-15-21-24-29-35-41-39-52-52-78-61-68-60-82-81-45-32-25-24-24-29-35-54

In addition, it was the #1 album of 2007 in Switzerland and Germany, and the 3rd biggest album of Canada and Austria. 

Promiscuous (#3) and Say It Right (#9) were top 10 year end hits in the USA while Maneater (#9), Say It Right  (#4) and All Good Things (#2) were top 10 year end hits in Europe.

SINGLES

"Promiscuous" was released as the first single in North America in April 2006. She failed to chart for almost 5 years (Turn Off the Light was her most recent hit was peaked at #5 in December 2001), but Promiscuous erupted on the charts. It hit the top 3 within a month and peaked at #1 for 6 weeks, becoming Nelly Furtado's first #1 and longest running #1 overall. It is Nelly Furtado's most successful single in the USA, ranking #3 on the 2006 year end chart and #44 on the 2000s decade end chart (the highest 2006 single). It was a success worldwide peaking in the top 10 in multiple European countries including the UK (#3), Germany (#6) and Switzerland (#6). 

Nelly Furtado - Promiscuous Ft. Timbaland GIF | Gfycat

"Maneater" was released as the 2nd single in the US but as the 1st single in Europe. It was her most successful single in Europe at the time - peaking at #1 in the UK and #2 on the European Hot 100. It ranked #7 on the year end UK chart and #9 on the 2006 European Hot 100 year end chart. The single became a hit elsewhere in Europe, reaching the top five in 20+ countries. In the USA, it peaked at a modest #16 despite being a top 10 digital hit, as her label pulled it from radio to allow "Say It Right" to smash.  

Nelly Furtado: "Maneater" caused Fire🔥 in The Studio - Timbaland Page //  #1 Fansite

"Say It Right" was released as the 3rd single in North America and 4th single in Europe. It became her biggest hit WORLDWIDE, topping the charts in more than 10+ countries, including the United States, France, New Zealand, Switzerland, France and Spain. It ranked #9 on the year end Hot 100 in 2007, and despite peaking at #2 in Europe, it was the 4th biggest European hit of 2007. #3 on the year end European Hot 100 in 2007.  Say It Right contributed to sales of the album Loose, and was credited as being responsible for its return to the top ten on the U.S. Billboard 200. According to Nielsen Broadcast Data Systems, "Say It Right" was the second most-played song on U.S. radio in 2007 with 364,000 plays. 

say it right | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

All Good Things (Come to an End) was released as the 4th single in the USA and 3rd single in Europe. It became her only official European #1, and peaked at #1 in 15+ countries and was the 2nd biggest European hit of 2007. It peaked at #86 in the USA.

MUSICAL GIF — All good things (come to an end) Nelly Furtado.

Other singles from the album include "Do It", "No Hay Igual", "Te Besque" and "In God's Hands".

nelly furtado gifs | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

base talk] Nelly Furtado's "Loose" Appreciation Thread - Base - ATRL

"I used Madonna's Ray of Light as a template for Loose: she was smooth but sexy, universal, epic, iconic!"

"Over time, I've come to realize how special Loose is to a lot of people. It's good to be proud of what you do, and I think Tim and I really did create something new. I'm proud we were able to celebrate our chemistry on such a large level. I'm happy people like seeing us together and creating some kind of electricity."

What are your thoughts on this 2000s classic?

1 hour ago, naval23 said:

All Good Things (Come to an End) was released as the 4th single in the USA and 3rd single in Europe. It became her only official European #1, and peaked at #1 in 15+ countries and was the 2nd biggest European hit of 2007. It peaked at #86 in the USA.

America is trash wbk rih9

What an era, though! Wig! I remember the singles from Folklore flopping in the UK (even though Powerless and Try deserved better rip1) and didn't really expect to hear from her again. Maneater was such a shock! Such a tune! I remember dancing through the park humming that song that summer cry3

The album overall doesn't live up to the singles, but when the singles are that good, it doesn't matter!

Also welcome to the forum and thanks for all the stats jj2

I love this album. It was AWESOME. A true classic indeed. 🥰🥰

My favorite songs from it are Afraid, Maneater, Promiscuous, Glow, No Hay Igual, Say It Right (the best song on the album tbh and her best song in general), Do It, In God's Hands and All Good Things 🥰🥰

Loose is EVERYTHING! 

On 1/16/2021 at 8:59 AM, Ruthless Love said:

A: Should be Nelly Furtado, not Nelly, as Nelly is a rapper.
B: IMHO, this is the album which ended her career and made her a complete sell-out.

Well damn I wish the other girls would sell out with bops up to the standards of the decade defining top drawer material that was Maneater, Promiscuous, and Say It Right

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.